Stuart Mccall -Manager Of The Year?

David

I know we've been down this road before, but I honestly think that McCall has to be a serious candidate for the award this year, especially if we overtake Aberdeen and finish 2nd.

I have no doubt the media will be in overdrive to see McInnes win it, but surely with the resources that we have McCall has to be in with a shout, especially with Lennon blowing the cups and getting his arse handed to him in the Champions League?

hes done fantastically well, but IMO, if Aberdeen finish 4th or better, I think McIness will win it

McCall is now a victim of his own success - its "expected" that we finish up there

they are a bottom 6 team! first cup win in 19yrs and looking likely to make it to their 2nd final of the season

I'd love McCall to win it, but the reason the media are going on about Aberdeen is a combination of : they are a sleeping giant, the turnaround this season has been exceptional, they have a large support which can help the mess Scottish football is in, they have been a good team to watch

McCall talks about not being content with just a point yet brought on a centre half to play right mid at the end?!?!

I'm not sure the point in bringing on an inexperienced Leitch and constantly moving Vigurs about either.

Probably cost us 2nd spot and possibly even 3rd with the dropped points today.

Zero chance McCall is manager of the year. This season is far more a case of what might have been.

I agree he won't win it, but for me "What might have been", given the massive turnover in personnel, is that we could have been fighting out with Hibs.

Disappointed with the cup results, but pleasantly surprised how competitive we have been at the top end of the table.

• Like 2

Not a snowball in hella chance of McCall winning it. To be in third place and challenging for second is a really good achievement, but as for the last few years we do not seem to habe the ability to turn it on when the chips are down.

Woefully inadequate is the only way to describe the performances every time a result in a "big game" was required. Yesterday they again missed a chance to overtake Aberdeen to ease into second spot.

Not sure that McCall would even make the short-list to be honest. Let's hope that he can keep most of the squad together and do better next year i.e. top 4 plus a cup final!

^True enough, although too many people on here would rather blame the goalie.....

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fat Sally on the short-list but it'll likely be Lennon, McInnes with either McNamara or Wright.