St Mirren V Motherwell 05/04/14

Bop

I have never been critical of McCall, Not even when he decided Stevie Hammell was a centre mid in the Scottish cup final that time, but for him to blame the ref for the defeat is poor poor form.

Terrible decision, aye. But the way we try to defend for the last half hour of every game we are winning is a fucking joke

• Like 2

If we play like this after the split, 5th place will be a bonus.

Simply not good enough and questions must be asked as to why St Mirren were allowed to put so much pressure on our goal. As long as the ball is in or near our penalty area we'll concede.

No point in panicking after one bad result but a pattern is beginning to form - throwing away leads and late goals.

Always going to be difficult with the poor defense we have Dave tae try and hold onto even a two goal lead .Tried it against Hibs and we just got away with it, tried it against Killie and didn't and failed again today . Eight points thrown away .

Always going to be difficult with the poor defense we have Dave tae try and hold onto even a two goal lead .Tried it against Hibs and we just got away with it, tried it against Killie and didn't and failed again today . Eight points thrown away .

Totally agree. Who makes the call to defend after we get ahead. Seems endemic and surely someone, either senior players or management can see we cant do it!!!! Fitness is also a major issue.

I'm with Busta on that one, 2-0 up and we switch to soaking up pressure and time wasting at corner flags regardless of how much time is left, when we have momentum, go for a third and put it beyond hope for the opposition.

Can't speak for today as I wasn't there but I've noticed a significant change in how we conduct games. We used to we woeful in the first half and came out in the second with a bounce and drive. Last few games for quite a while now has been the opposite.

On the eve of the season I'd be happy with top 6

Mid November, it would have been avoiding the playoff

New Year, Euro place

Today at 15:30, 2nd

Today at 4:45, 4th

Long and short is we have ridden our luck in quite a few games, karma is biting us in the arse now, not ideal as we're in the run in.

out fought in the second half again, it's been happening a lot recently. we'll get drubbed in the top six unless we improve greatly.

ainsworth just seemed to be getting into the game when he got subbed and vigurs looked like he was carrying a knock but played the 90 mins despite not moving very well.

our defending from corners is - to borrow a phrase - like juggling soot. every team knows all they have to do is put the ball in the six yard box and they will be able to attack the ball on the run. sutton is losing his man at near enough every corner and should be left up the park.

I'm more inclined to blame our midfield and full backs Jim, although I haven't seen the game yet. St Mirren seem to have had so much pressure, so many crosses into our box, so many corners. If we persist in defending so deeply we'll always ship goals. It might be freak efforts, deflections, defensive errors, or refereeing blunders, but they all count.

I much prefer to see us defend higher up the park, harrying and closing down players, preventing crosses etc. If the opposition can't get the ball into the box the chances are they won't score.

Today it seems that St Mirren were all over us and dominated midfield. If that is indeed the case then we shouldn't be surprised if we got beaten. You have to feel sorry for our central defence - under constant pressure with little or no protection.

Maybe our win bonuses simply weren't big enough to motivate the team. :evilgrin:

I have never been critical of McCall, Not even when he decided Stevie Hammell was a centre mid in the Scottish cup final that time, but for him to blame the ref for the defeat is poor poor form.

Terrible decision, aye. But the way we try to defend for the last half hour of every game we are winning is a fucking joke

agree that the officials are not to blame for how we defend or do not defend as is the case. however McCall and McManus are entitled to have a go at the officials it if it is proven it never hit his hand or that it was never a penalty in a month of Sundays. that decision cost us a point or all 3. If it is a 50-50 then happy to give the officials the benefit of the doubt. But what the fuck is a linesman doing if he is not 100% sure.

It will be a long night, but we have been struggling big time with injuries and have probably done well to stay in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd given the changes made over the past month or so.

I would have taken a 6 point gap over United come the split. yes it probably will be 0 by the time we have played them, but we then have winnable games and they have yet to play Aberdeen and Celtic away. I get the feeling a lot will be at stake when we go to Pittodrie.

If we are lucky then 4th will get into Europe. Still for the sake of our budget we could do with finishing no lower than 3rd.

Today it seems that St Mirren were all over us and dominated midfield. If that is indeed the case then we shouldn't be surprised if we got beaten. You have to feel sorry for our central defence - under constant pressure with little or no protection.

they didn't dominate the middle of the park, neither team played well enough to say they dominated anything.

agree that the officials are not to blame for how we defend or do not defend as is the case. however McCall and McManus are entitled to have a go at the officials it if it is proven it never hit his hand or that it was never a penalty in a month of Sundays. that decision cost us a point or all 3. If it is a 50-50 then happy to give the officials the benefit of the doubt. But what the fuck is a linesman doing if he is not 100% sure.

It 100% hit McManus on the face (apparently, fae McCall). but we may not have been in that situation in we didn't sit so deep, as always.

on my way back after a few pints. A very poor quality game with neither team dominating. Couldnt see the penalty handball but St Mirren supporting mates said it was stonewaller. Poor performance all round with no fluidity and poor movement. I would say a draw was a fair result, it seems st mirren always drag us down to their level...

Gutted at that result, but with a few players carrying knocks again, maybe not surprising that we're struggling towards the end of matches. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we now come steaming out after the split and win three in a row, starting with Celtic.

It's definitely a worry that we seem to be struggling to see out matches these days though. Once we hit 2-0 up we seem to just switch off.

Cardinal sin in football to lose a game from being 2-0 up. Nearly did it Easter Road as well. Shat in the nest for the 2nd week running.

Not sure what the game plan was today but surely cutting out crosses coming in should be addressed surely?

It's also frankly embarrassing losing to a St Mirren team like that in such a manner.

That's the last time I'll be back at the ground. Stewards and police were an absolute disgrace. Wading in at half time cos someone had a bag ?!?! Sniffer dogs?!?! Multiple ticket checks only metres after you had bought the ticket?!? Heavy handed and complete double standards with regards to other travelling supports.

The attitude of some of the bois (and girls) didn't do anything to endear them to other Well fans at times though. Goading some who had previously politely asked them to sit down after we scored etc.

Horrendous day all round.

but weve been unfit and struggling toward the end of matches since pre season,

No wonder the players love McCall, by the looks of it they paid a grand or two a week to turn up and kick a ball around for a couple hours a few days a week then play a game of football and spend the rest of the time at the golf or in Nandos.

but weve been unfit and struggling toward the end of matches since pre season,

No wonder the players love McCall, by the looks of it they paid a grand or two a week to turn up and kick a ball around for a couple hours a few days a week then play a game of football and spend the rest of the time at the golf or in Nandos.

Bit tough that Shaka. we are all upset and pissed off.

But the facts are we are 6 points ahead of Dundee United and sitting in 3rd right now. It could be better but then United could say the same if they did not go 7 games without a win over Xmas, New Year etc.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and qualify for Europe then that will be a fantastic season. still all to play for.

A 2 week rest will do us the world of good.

I expect nothing from the Celtic game, but then we must put our all into the remaining games and I am sure the lads will.

Bit tough that Shaka. we are all upset and pissed off.

But the facts are we are 6 points ahead of Dundee United and sitting in 3rd right now. It could be better but then United could say the same if they did not go 7 games without a win over Xmas, New Year etc.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and qualify for Europe then that will be a fantastic season. still all to play for.

A 2 week rest will do us the world of good.

I expect nothing from the Celtic game, but then we must put our all into the remaining games and I am sure the lads will.

I dont think it is actually, I think were in an amazing position for playing 33 of a 38 game season with no real keeper and an unfit team.

However, the fact remains, people have been saying the same thing since pre season. Firstly we werent fit cause it was early season and we were still building our fitness and bedding in new players,then it was down to a system change , then its cause we had a small squad who played regularly, then its cause McCall insisted on playing several injured players and now its cause were carrying injuries. Same shite different day.

For the majority of our team, being so called professional athletes but spending the majority of the season blowing out their arse after 60 mins of running around is embarrassing