St Mirren V Motherwell 05/04/14

Bop

St.Mirren have always been a team we struggle against. I know it wasn't a penalty but it would still've been a draw against a crap team after losing at home to a crap Killie team who got then got beat at home to St. Johnstone. We're really not much better than these teams which makes our league position a marvellous achievement really. So hopefully some of our injuries clear up for the run in of games. I would also in a Jose Mourinho style comment on our lack of BALLS in the end of games and we've lost loads of late goals this season because as soon as we go under any preassure we fold fold like a pack of cards... :wallbash:

the 2nd hibs goal as well. i said earlier in the thread he should be left up the park, teams are picking on him at set pieces.

every team we come up against knows that if they put the ball on the six yard line the keeper won't go near it so we have 3 or 4 guys trying to attack that area every time we are defending a corner. if hammell's reaction to nielsen at the goal is anything to go by the players are as frustrated as we are.

Motherwell's Number 9 turned inside out on the by-line at the third as well.........stay up the park Big Man !

St.Mirren have always been a team we struggle against. I know it wasn't a penalty but it would still've been a draw against a crap team after losing at home to a crap Killie team who got then got beat at home to St. Johnstone. We're really not much better than these teams which makes our league position a marvellous achievement really. So hopefully some of our injuries clear up for the run in of games. I would also in a Jose Mourinho style comment on our lack of BALLS in the end of games and we've lost loads of late goals this season because as soon as we go under any preassure we fold fold like a pack of cards... :wallbash:

Since they came back in to SPL in 2006/7....... 8 wins each and 11 draws, a couple of cup wins Scottish/league cup shades it to them...........cant recall them throwing away a 2 x 2 goal leads though :doh:

The worrying trend in the past 7 seasons (2013/14 still to be completed) they have never finished above us, only twice we have been in the bottom six, the highest they have finished is 5th bottom, every other season they have either been second bottom x 4 third bottom x 2.....yet we have a like for like league record

:wallbash:

• Like 1

Since they came back in to SPL in 2006/7....... 8 wins each and 11 draws, a couple of cup wins Scottish/league cup shades it to them...........cant recall them throwing away a 2 x 2 goal leads though :doh:

In watching Motherwell for 20 years I only remember us winning from 2-0 down twice, both times against Hibs.

The worrying trend in the past 7 seasons (2013/14 still to be completed) they have never finished above us, only twice we have been in the bottom six, the highest they have finished is 5th bottom, every other season they have either been second bottom x 4 third bottom x 2.....yet we have a like for like league record

holy fuck this is special even for on here

its a worrying trend that we have finished above them every season?

, but have only matched them in head to heads? :help:

imagine that a club on an almost identical turnover and wage ratio match us sometimes but overall we do better

how can the Motherwell management team sleep at night

• Like 2

holy fuck this is special even for on here

its a worrying trend that we have finished above them every season?

, but have only matched them in head to heads? :help:

imagine that a club on an almost identical turnover and wage ratio match us sometimes but overall we do better

how can the Motherwell management team sleep at night

Great stat though :whistling:

We continually punch above our weight......yet struggle against Real St Midden. the second worst team in the league on average....you happy with that?:doh:

What is it they say about sarcasm....................:whistling:

We continually punch above our weight......yet struggle against Real St Midden. the second worst team in the league on average....you happy with that?:doh:

you at the game Caller?

struggle against St Mirren this season?

we were 5 minutes away from 3 victories this season

they should have been down to ten men

they were gifted a goal for a player heading the ball

they should have been down to nine men

as it is we beat them twice lost once six points from nine against a team almost identical in crowds income budget turnover wages

we do that against the other similar clubs and we'd be where we are , better off than them.

they do it to us and I doubt they would be wetting their pants about only matching them over a 7 year period

you at the game Caller?

struggle against St Mirren this season?

we were 5 minutes away from 3 victories this season

they should have been down to ten men

they were gifted a goal for a player heading the ball

they should have been down to nine men

as it is we beat them twice lost once six points from nine against a team almost identical in crowds income budget turnover wages

we do that against the other similar clubs and we'd be where we are , better off than them.

they do it to us and I doubt they would be wetting their pants about only matching them over a 7 year period

Yawn.........

My reply was initially to Dewell post at 0832 who stated

"St.Mirren have always been a team we struggle against"

Well mate statistics seem to reflect this.....

I never mentioned any where "THIS SEASON"

Sadly I was not at the game yesterday as, but over the past eight seasons have been at 75% of the games.....amongst others I have been at when.......

If Meldrum hadnae let ball between his legs

If Crags hadnae scored an og ,

If Goodwin hadnae scored a 30 yard screamer

If Bob McHugh had scored in December 2012, on the Friday night game when it as harder to miss,

we might have won those games as well :blush:

Again which would suggest as I have observed, in person with my own eyes, we have struggled, against, on statistics/average the second worst team in recent years in the SPL..........

And as you say if yesterday "Yer maw had baws" etc etc had held out for a victory

We would have seen out our first ever in recent times a 100% record against the second worst team in the SPL...:yahoo:

The fact we have the same support/income/expenditure does not hide the fact we struggle against them........or am I making it up?

As per usual on this board, I wish I had never bothered my arse putting a post up :doh:

• Like 2

Yawn.........

The fact we have the same support/income/expenditure does not hide the fact we struggle against them........or am I making it up?

Making it up might sound harsh, but yeah, as you have very kindly shown, we match them almost exactly, but you focus on the defeats and ignore the victories.

and all the while we're finishing above them..

I'm tired as well, Goodnight

EDIT: PS I'll be as delighted as anyone could be, if they go down, because I detest how closely matched we are in every way and it sometimes it seems to show on the pitch, I have to be persuaded to go to their place every time, even though its the simplest away trip out, and they even have the most sensible gate prices in league, but still its a chore. the league setup probably doesn't help we faced each other 6 times a few seasons ago.

Just as a side note, surely the SFA should be looking at Brines here. Binned from UEFA last season and consistently one of the most shocking referees in Scotland. Ask any supporter of any team in Scotland's top flight to name the ref they think is worst and Brines will be an overwhelming winner.

He's not biased to any one team, he's just utter garbage and should be sent packing to Sunday League. The fact we have a referee in this country that is of this standard and regularly makes shocking decisions time and time again, yet is not reprimanded in the slightest, is an absolute embarrassment to our game.

The guy makes Collum look like Collina!

Misconstruing the events. An argument rolled out time after time

It wasn't a statement about have my worthless used up season ticket.

It was - if you don't get rid of this cunt I won't be buying another one.

That's not that difficult to understand I don't think

I'm more than aware of that, thanks. It was very much tongue in cheek.

Wasn't there on saturday but just saw the goals. Watch Nielson's attempt to save a half hit shot for their 1st. Watch him standing right at the post giving Thomson the WHOLE GOAL to aim at for their 3rd. :doh:

Cant quite figure out if yoir taking the piss here or not...but the last goal sneaked in between him and the post....so nothing to do with the WHOLE GOAL being there to aim at....

Cant quite figure out if yoir taking the piss here or not...but the last goal sneaked in between him and the post....so nothing to do with the WHOLE GOAL being there to aim at....

The ball ended up in the back of the net, so that's the bottom line, but for me there was a huge element of luck involved in that goal.

Nielsen has his weight on his left side as the ball is crossing the area, Craig Reid (understandably) tried to intercept the cross and ended up putting it right onto Stephen Thompson's boot who then took advantage of Nielsen being wrong footed. 9 times out of 10 Reid's interception goes out for a corner, but on this occasion we end up conceding.

Factor in that they had conceded a penalty that never was and they were very unlucky to lose that game...

The ball ended up in the back of the net, so that's the bottom line, but for me there was a huge element of luck involved in that goal.

Nielsen has his weight on his left side as the ball is crossing the area, Craig Reid (understandably) tried to intercept the cross and ended up putting it right onto Stephen Thompson's boot who then took advantage of Nielsen being wrong footed. 9 times out of 10 Reid's interception goes out for a corner, but on this occasion we end up conceding.

Factor in that they had conceded a penalty that never was and they were very unlucky to lose that game...

Which even the St Mirren fan at work conceded yesterday.....albeit with a beaming smile as he completely by accident no doubt, found an excuse to engage me in conversation....dry.gif