Motherwell V Celtic 19/04/14

Yabba's Turd

Was up at 5 this morning to star work early so I could make the gamen not expecting a win but hope we at least turn up and give them a game.

On a side note it be nearly KO whn get there and the taggerts and civic car parks will be full - any thoughs on whre else to park?

I would be tempted to play Anier up front. More pace to cause Van Dijk and Co problems. If (when) we play hoofball to Sutton that will just be mopped up all day long.

ZFA has struggled against lesser teams this season. But with our injuries he will probably start.

No expectations other than NIL points. Anything more will be a miracle the way our defence has been of late..

Just hope we hold out for a while and make a game of it.

Was up at 5 this morning to star work early so I could make the gamen not expecting a win but hope we at least turn up and give them a game.

On a side note it be nearly KO whn get there and the taggerts and civic car parks will be full - any thoughs on whre else to park?

Try the newish flats, left hand side coming from fir park (where the old DSS offices were) on Shields Road, just before the second set of traffic lights - usually plenty of spaces there.

I suspect we'll see 4-4-2 with Kerr, Hammell, Hutch and Mick at the back, Vigurs, Reid, Leitch and Ainsworth in midfield and Anier and Sutton up front. I worry we'll get over run in midfield without Lasley, Carswell or even Lawson who are all willing to put their foot in but I suppose options are minimal!

The injury crisis shows no signs of easing up and with Las suspended it could be a tough day at the office. Will be watching on tv on holiday but more in hope than expectation.

COYW!

We're a bunch of shitebags.

We always blow a lead.

We won't even get a shot on goal.

We'll get a hammering.

Gunnar's a bombscare.

McCall's a cunt.

Take that and all the other trolling comments and shove them right up your arses!

Fucking love Motherwell!!!

• Like 3

Tremendous game of football and a great result all things considered.

First half I thought we were the dominate team, Jack Leitch bossed it in midfield with a brilliant display. Tremendous penalty save from Nielsen as well. I sit down the other end of the East Stand but it looked like a good penalty right in the corner. Losing the goal just before half time changed the game. Looked like a fluke cross to me but I might be wrong.

Second half Celtic took over the initiative of the match but we battled so hard in difficult conditions today. I bet the players haven't been that hot since their last summer holiday. You could see players wilting badly as we got into the closing stages. The third goal for Celtic seemed inevitable and it came but we created a lot of chances today and even with a few minutes to go I always fancied we might get one more chance and we got it.

Didn't get a good view of the goal, I didn't even know who scored it until after the match but I think we deserved it for the sheer battling qualities and hard work we put in today.

Terrific performance, especially from Jack Leitch midfield. Guess who I'm going to give my PotM vote to?

5-0 Celtic. We look ponderous when we try and defend, we tend to attempt some nonsense formation against them (far less of an issue at FP admittedly), Lasley, Carswell and Hammell out, Angol existing, and Celtic being pretty ruthless this season all suggest a pumping to me.

Still, if we manage an early goal, who knows. Sitting back sloppily and attempting to hold it may work.

Just want this game past with and onto the last 4.

Shut up, you utter tit...

Great result. Thought we'd binned it at the end due to a lack of fresh legs, but damn happy to get the late equaliser.

Thought Leitch was outstanding, along with a number of others. Great pen save as well.

Great result. Thought we'd binned it at the end due to a lack of fresh legs, but damn happy to get the late equaliser.

Celtic were dodgy at the back all day. We created a lot of chances and could have scored 6 or 7 with a bit more composure. Not often you can say that after a match against the OF.

Tremendous effort given the resources at our disposal and the obvious frailties that come with that. Great performance from Leitch, from Reid who negated Commons for large chunks, Zaine, Hammy, Gunnar, Sutty etc.

Motherwell Football Club deserve more people to get out and support them than what we saw today.

Tremendous effort given the resources at our disposal and the obvious frailties that come with that. Great performance from Leitch, from Reid who negated Commons for large chunks, Zaine, Hammy, Gunnar, Sutty etc.

Motherwell Football Club deserve more people to get out and support them than what we saw today.

That's the emptiest The Cooper has been for a long time.

Fucking brilliant. Young Leitch had a great game and everyone else played their part. Well done gunnar with that pen save.

If we are going to pick flaws, then McCall should have made those subs with 15mins to go. Two fast direct players when Celtic were playing with 4strikers. Instead we wait till we were down. Once he makes the subs, ainsworth makes the equaliser.

Anyway, only a small moan, i'll gladly take the point. If St J can get three points against United it will be a really good day.

• Like 1