Motherwell V Celtic 19/04/14

Yabba's Turd

not really a disgrace that sky showed fans celebrating is it? part of improving the image of the game encouraging and promoting positive atmosphere, bit unprofessional if they missed the goal altogether

but courtesy of the swami in the shoutbox, for all the TV viewers and the many hundreds that left early here is another chance

highlights link http://fr.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=yx%2BhnYCyg4s24iThgBXg7eD%2BgixM%2BhdmOP7qE3TZgUPGSfsf7LeHtDYQ87JaF8Yqh3N4t6KOBBfuiTJ%2F%2F9%2BUNQ%3D%3D&bit=1

• Like 1

Fair enjoyed that yesterday. Would have taken a point b4 the game and with United losing, instead of being just 3 points behind going into next weeks game as i had anticipated we are 7 points aheadyes.gif

5 guys next to me left after the 3rd Celtic goal went in. I could sense it was coming but you would think after the 6-2 Hibs game fans would learn.

Going to head up to Tannadice next week and hope we can clinch our Euro spot and 3rd place. Wont be eady as it is United last chance to get 3rd place, but if St Johnstone can beat them then hopefully their confidence has taken a knock and we are on a bit of a high.

I dunno if its bullshit I was at game, but as you imply if it had been in the bois you would probably have been fine with it,

TV coverage cutting to fans who actually go to matches enjoying themselves as part of match coverage, I reckon that's not a disgrace, maybe they should have been showing all the well fans leaving early? Or empty sections?

I'd rather focus on getting fans back into grounds, which a 6 goal thriller in the sunshine and with both sets of fans having highs n lows, does me fine.... Now if only we had scored one more from the 4 or 5 goal line clearances

Stokes goal is clearly a cross to the back post. He had 2 defenders right in front of him. No way he is trying to score from there.

As for the penalty. Vigurs does stick his leg out, and there is contact, but the view from behind the goal is the most telling. You can see he is already on his way down and makes the contact himself rather than Vigurs taking him out. Unfortunately for us the ref doesnt get that view so I can understand why he was taken in by it. Sweet save though!

Disagree with you guys on the penalty, not a bad foul but for me it is a foul nonetheless. I'd agree Stokes is maybe on his way before he is touched but Vigurs made sure he hit the deck.

I've been trying to decide whether it was Kerr or Reid who made the pass to Ainsworth on the highlights that Sky showed at 215am this morning and was never sure, but yes it was superb and Ainsworth's ball was clever as well as was Sutton holding the line because he was onside by the proverbial bawhair. Craig Thomson seems to be staring at his assistant the moment it lands at Sutton's foot until he is half way to the corner flag celebrating. Was an outstanding goals on so many levels, very like the one Porter scored against Aberdeen in 2008 to seal Europe with an easier finish on this one.

Disagree with you guys on the penalty, not a bad foul but for me it is a foul nonetheless. I'd agree Stokes is maybe on his way before he is touched but Vigurs made sure he hit the deck.

Pretty much the case. Stokes played for it but as a defender you cannot put your leg out like that.

Will be interesting to read in tomorrow's scottish mail how Stefan Johansen doesn't like the way we play

(I suspect he'll say we're physical, however I suspect beneath the bullshit he doesn't like shipping 3 goals)

if there moaning about us being physical we're doing something right. We should be letting dundee united know we're up for it early next week as well, we'll see how many of them are thinking about the cup final.

I'll tell you what - that was quite a pass by Craig Reid in the build up to our third goal. Real class.

How is the boy Reid doing? From various social media sites seems like he appears to be doing well, although the usual suspects on here don't seem to rate him. Worthy of a contract at the end of the season?

Reid has come in and done a job. Don't imagine that he'll be on a massive wage. As a first pick, not sure. But if we have Ramsden and Kerr, with their track record with injury, he might be useful to have around. Only concern would be whether we want a 28 year old on the bench maybe limiting Murray's chances of more first team opportunities. Having said that, having Lawson around hasn't hindered Leitch...