Season Ticket 2014-2015

Welldaft Mk1

I see on the club website that they have released details of Season tickets for next season.

A modest increase and the removal of the free home cup game are the key summary points.

The Board have also released a statement which states and which comes as no surprise, that they have had to rely on the Well Society and soft loans from Directors to plug the gaps this season. Worrying and also combined losses of £750k for the last 2 years shows what a struggle it is right now.

I am more than happy to pay a little more and sacrifice the free cup game if it hekps to get the club on a more even footing.

The increase in price won't determine whether or not I renew but the current financial model is unsubstainable.

We pay decent wages to get us higher up the league but the increase in income is pissed away on staff bonuses. Focus has to be on developing younger players and securing long term contracts for players with sell on value.

We are one dodgy season away from admin.

• Like 1

yeah, I'm also happy enough at seeing a small increase after three years of the price being held for adults, anybody that benefits from the added kids ticket/s on the Well'evate scheme is still getting a great deal,

the board also seem keen to point out that, with home cup games the requirement to effectively pay the opposition in the region of a tenner for every home season ticket holder attending, can led to losses on home games , makes commercial sense to remove them, I'd hope that the club still take a sensible approach to pricing the early rounds of and cup games we do participate in, as the sad thing I continue to see, despite the boards progressive approach to ticketing is far too high a walk up price to nearly every game.

I don't see how we are every going to get back lapsed fans or hook in those that get freebies or offers, charging home and visiting fans around £22/£24 for any other game they come along to.

but Season tickets, no grudge for around £30 ish quid from me, or a £10-12 each if I split it over the two kids bolt ons

The increase in price won't determine whether or not I renew but the current financial model is unsubstainable.

We pay decent wages to get us higher up the league but the increase in income is pissed away on staff bonuses. Focus has to be on developing younger players and securing long term contracts for players with sell on value.

All reasonable comments, I don't really know about the bonus structure so can't comment on that.

Everything in the board statement is completely true and it is fair to say that with Hearts going we lose another potentially bigger away support as well as a team that is likely to encourage sponsorship and TV revenue. Dundee have their perks but there is naff all to get excited about Hamilton or Falkirk.

Although the cups were poor last season, we at least got the benefit of a large crowd and a TV package at Ibrox.

We were incredibly unlucky to play Aberdeen twice and not get a TV game due mainly to the two derbies that came out the hat and Celtic drawing with Arbroath so ensuring they got the replay slot.

We need a cup run next season and if we get Europe we need a draw that is not at the arse end of nowhere.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Neil Doncaster and his cronies have let us down on the sponsorship front.

But I think it is fair to say the increase is slight enough that it shouldn't be the tipping point for many on the season ticket front.

Despite having the same reservations as you do about the Well Society I invested in it because the club asked and it is the only model we have but I don't see it being a long term solution unless there is a serious change in progress.

However despite all these things we are where we are and the changes made are sensible and I hope the support get behind the club at least to give them a fighting shot.

I see on the club website that they have released details of Season tickets for next season.

A modest increase and the removal of the free home cup game are the key summary points.

The Board have also released a statement which states and which comes as no surprise, that they have had to rely on the Well Society and soft loans from Directors to plug the gaps this season. Worrying and also combined losses of £750k for the last 2 years shows what a struggle it is right now.

I am more than happy to pay a little more and sacrifice the free cup game if it hekps to get the club on a more even footing.

Will losing the free cup game (which isn't even guaranteed anyway since we could not get a home cup game during the season) and paying a little more solve the problem of losing £750k?

Obviously our financial problems are much bigger than either of these two measures will actual tackle.

I don't mind paying a little more even though I am earning a lot less than this time last season but I agree with Lobey Dosser that we need a different financial approach, to survive clubs our size have to produce and sell talent on a season by season basis.

This is what concerns me. We are having almost unrivalled (recent) success in the league. Finishing 2nd and 3rd and qualifying for Europe.

Despite this and earning in some cases an extra £6-700k over the likes of St Mirren we are still in the financial sh1tter..

It is a catch 22. We obviously pay decent wages to the 1st team to attract players like Faddy, McManus etc, but one of these days we will finish bottom half and I would not like that to be the tipping point once moremellow.gif

Just had a look at the prices.

Last season I bought my ticket after the 'early bird' offer had elapsed and paid £280 for it. If I did the same next season it would cost £310, plus the lose of a free cup game at say £18. That means, assuming we get a home cup match and I pay at the gate that's an increase of £48 on last seasons admission. I make that a season on season increase of 17%. Not that modest!

Of course I may take advantage of the 'early bird' offer this season but that will depend on whether I can spare that amount of cash before the end of May.

I will have a season ticket next season but the way people were talking I was expecting a £10 or £20 increase not what is in effect a £50 increase.

• Like 1

Season tickets have been excellent value for a long time and the success on the pitch has added greatly to that so I don't have a problem with the increase.

On a side note, does the 36% increase in ST numbers include the free wellevate tickets?

I couldn't find any mention of how long the club are reserving the existing ST seats for until they're released. Anyone know the deadline this year?

Normally the 1st game of the season.

My mother-in-law bought me & my boy our tickets last season for our birthdays but bought them in the wrong section and we had to wait until after the 1st game before we could change them to where my boy's pal sits cos the seats we wanted were reserved for the previous season's ticket holder.

In the grand scheme of things we could always sit where we wanted but you never know when you're going to get another Skippy Sunday.

For a few reasons (work/child) I've been to around 5 matches this season so my ST has cost a lot per match. So I'm in two minds whether to use next seasons ST money and buy Well Trust membership and just pick and choose matches when I'm able to make it.

On another note, the losses spoken about are really worrying. I've thought for sometime that in the 20years time there will be a lot of teams going the way of Third Lanark. I think Scottish football fans across the board have simply fell out of love with Scottish football. The chat between football enthusiasts in my office is always about the EPL or Champions League or La Liga. Everyone seems to demand instant entertainment in sleek modern conditions and Scottish football fails to provide that. Fewer and fewer people fail to recognise or understand the pride and romance in supporting your local team or a team who don't have the guarantee of instant success.

Look at the SPFL, the infrastructure has been run into the ground. Stadiums as whole projects haven't been upgraded in years, with the exception of St Mirren and even then it's an architectural monster. More thought has gone into creating the venues and surrounding infrastructure in Glasgow's East End to accommodate a few weeks of Commonwealth Games than what the men in charge of our game have given in 50 or 60 years.

Then their is the press - which is free advertising really. But all the focus on national papers is Rangers and Celtic. Lack of coverage for any other teams is a lack of advertisement, it creates a lack of awareness, it creates brain dead old firm fans who end up knowing nothing of the domestic scene they find themselves in. As a result nobody from the other teams fan base, only the die hards, hear, learn or build up an appetite for their clubs. In fact I'd go as far as saying that the journalistic merit of all sport outlets in this country are embarrassing in terms of quality of information, breadth if information and intellectual style of writing.

I've went way of course. Sorry. Rant over.

Last season I bought my ticket after the 'early bird' offer had elapsed and paid £280 for it. If I did the same next season it would cost £310, plus the lose of a free cup game at say £18. That means, assuming we get a home cup match and I pay at the gate that's an increase of £48 on last seasons admission. I make that a season on season increase of 17%. Not that modest!

Of course I may take advantage of the 'early bird' offer this season but that will depend on whether I can spare that amount of cash before the end of May.

You've quoted the worst case scenario, which of course could occur. The best case scenario which would be no home cup draws, would represent an increase of £30 or 10.7%. Even if we did have a home cup draw the price may be as low as £15.

I suppose we also have to take into account the price rise last year...can't recall offhand what that was if indeed there was one.

Normally the 1st game of the season.

My mother-in-law bought me & my boy our tickets last season for our birthdays but bought them in the wrong section and we had to wait until after the 1st game before we could change them to where my boy's pal sits cos the seats we wanted were reserved for the previous season's ticket holder.

In the grand scheme of things we could always sit where we wanted but you never know when you're going to get another Skippy Sunday.

Cheers Scoojy!

I suppose we also have to take into account the price rise last year...can't recall off hand what that was if indeed there was one.

I'm sure the ticket prices were frozen last year in all stands. I was rooked so it came as a huge relief and that's why I remember. I have no problem with the increases for that reason.

Not that I am complaining, but I think the prices for the DC stand is too cheap. More than happy to pay the extra increase as it still represents excellent value along with the free tickets for u16's and hopefully helps the club work from a more stable financial footing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit like a broken record on that one rambunctious but I have made that same point a few times.

I think we offer some excellent value juvenile tickets (£80 this season) and for those who go to get concession tickets (£170) as students there's at least a gradual step up to he cheapest adult ticket (£310).

But if you're a laddie who leaves school at 16, goes straight into work, and has been used to paying £80 or whatever for your season ticket it is a huge leap to go from that to full price.

My suggestion would be a "leap year" ticket at a price along the lines of a concession that could be used for one season to help bridge the gap between juvie and adult.

Easy for me to chuck uncosted ideas around ofcourse but I just wonder if some of the good work that has been done in attracting youngsters along in the first place might be undone if we lose them at that stage because they can't afford it.