Stevie Hammell

steelboy

this will be a big milestone for stevie 14 years after making his debut, hopefully we can secure european football and make it a memorable day. keith might have to let him keep the armband for a bit longer.

would i be right in saying that joe wark would have been the last player to achieve 500 appearances for us? joe played 469 league games for us and stevie is on 429 at the moment so that record is well in his sights if he signs a two year deal.

Did he debut at Pittodrie? I seem to remember a fresh faced young boy stepping in for McMillan.

I am trying to think of anyone else whose career I have watched start to finish (not quite yet). Even allowing for the stint at Southend.

that's right, it was the 22nd of april 2000. we got beat 2-1.

Aberdeen: Leighton, Lilley, Solberg, Anderson, McAllister, Mayer, Guntveit, Belabed, Dow, Winters, Stavrum. Subs: Preece, Perry, McGuire, D. Young, Rutkiewicz.

Motherwell: Woods, Corrigan, Strong, Brannan, Hammell, Nicholas, Adams, Valakari, Townsley, McCulloch, Goodman. Subs: Brown, Spencer, Nevin, Ramsey, Lasley.

Aberdeen: Leighton, Lilley, Solberg, Anderson, McAllister, Mayer, Guntveit, Belabed, Dow, Winters, Stavrum. Subs: Preece, Perry, McGuire, D. Young, Rutkiewicz.

Motherwell: Woods, Corrigan, Strong, Brannan, Hammell, Nicholas, Adams, Valakari, Townsley, McCulloch, Goodman. Subs: Brown, Spencer, Nevin, Ramsey, Lasley

How many of these guys are still playing? Am I right in presuming (at least on the Motherwell side) that Hammell and Las are about only two that are still currently playing today, or is that prick McCulloch still playing?

So did Lasley debut before that?

las made his debut later, a 2-0 defeat at ibrox on 10/12/2000.

Rangers: Klos, Ricksen, Konterman, Wilson, Vidmar, Ferguson, McCann, Johnston, Albertz, Mols, Flo. Subs: Christensen, Dodds, Tugay, Carson, Ross.

Motherwell: Goram, Corrigan, Kemble, Strong, Hammell, Leitch, Twaddle, Lasley, Brannan, McCulloch, Elliott.

Subs: Woods, Spencer, Nicholas, Adams, Oueifio.

How many of these guys are still playing? Am I right in presuming (at least on the Motherwell side) that Hammell and Las are about only two that are still currently playing today, or is that prick McCulloch still playing?

mcculloch is the rangers captain and adams isn't playing but got battered by jamie hammill at the weekend.

1398090704[/url]' post='409464']

Brown still playing in the Highlands

Brown still playing in the Highlands

I think the Sub Goalkeeper would have been Michael Brown - not Mark Brown.

Don't think he ever got on the pitch for us - but according to http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=17585 he played a few games for Queens Park this season

this will be a big milestone for stevie 14 years after making his debut, hopefully we can secure european football and make it a memorable day. keith might have to let him keep the armband for a bit longer.

would i be right in saying that joe wark would have been the last player to achieve 500 appearances for us? joe played 469 league games for us and stevie is on 429 at the moment so that record is well in his sights if he signs a two year deal.

That's an impressive milestone for Stevie Hammell. He's been a tremendous servant to the club during the last 14 years and a solid performer throughout. He's more than 'replaced ' Stephen McMillan at left back as was his initial role in the side.

McMillan was a fucking bombscare left back, 2nd touch more often than not was a tackle. A dangerous tackler too, he could kick a ball hard though.

His nickname wasn't Studds for nothing ,back then you could go right through a player which he fairly did quite often.Have to disagree with you tho about him being a bombscare,always thought he was a decent player.

Got the nickname studs, because he was short, hard and thick. Had it all the way from school in Dailly, last heard runninig a travel company in East Ayrshire.

Thanks for putting me right mate , always thought he got the nickname because he was a hard tackler .

Talked about this before but Stevie Hammell has one of the best first touches i've ever seen. The amount of times he'll pull the ball out the air with his toe or kill a wild ball dead with one touch is outrageous.

• Like 1

We moved him up to left midfield to accommodate Hammell and they formed a solid partnership with McMillan able to go forward but very much with an eye on covering back.

McMillan was a favourite of mine and a decent left back but I always felt he had a midfield role in him. He played there a few times, wide and central and always did well. I seem to remember him having a cracking match in central midfield away to Dunfermline.

For a while we also played McMillan at centre back to accommodate Hammell at left back and that wasn't as successful.

Talked about this before but Stevie Hammell has one of the best first touches i've ever seen. The amount of times he'll pull the ball out the air with his toe or kill a wild ball dead with one touch is outrageous.

Couldn't agree more, Paul Quinn was another - his first touch was phenomenal at RB.