Motherwell V St Johnstone 03/05/14

Brazilian

bit early for match thread, but hopefully help get the fee tickets message out for some to see

Motherwell FC.

St Johnstone will be our last Saturday home match of the season and what an important game it will be.

Much like last year against Ross County, the board are opening the South Stand for Schools and Youth Groups who want to come along, cheer on the Steelmen and add to the atmosphere.

If you want to get involved,

contact Alison on 01698 3338 006 or email alison.wallace@motherwellfc.co.uk.

10170910_10152313615110865_679489788878583533_n.jpg

Might as well move on from yesterday as swiftly as possible and look to the next match, so thoughts and predictions folks?

We put 4 past them without reply when they last visited at New year but they've since scudded us 3-0 and are unbeaten in 6, taking 14 out of 18 points. With that in mind, and given how good we were against Celtic and how shite we were against United... I have no fucking clue which way this might go.

Only thing that matters to me is that come 4:45, we could be sitting 1 point off 2nd spot. That's enough to put yesterday aside and get right up for this one!

Who knows?

Depends whether we play a centre half at right mid and no left sided player at midfield whatsoever I suppose....

Going to need to score 3 goals as per to get anything from this.

Either way not confident based on the last few performances.

I'd be half-tempted to drop Vigurs and big Handsome for this one, even though I'm a fan of both of them. I think if we go at them early doors with pace, put Tannadice behind us and let their heads drift towards the cup final by playing with drive and hunger then we will put them to the sword. For me it would be....

...........................Gunnar.....................................

Reid ....McManus... Hutchinson ...Hammell

.......................Leitch Lasley..............................

Ainsworth..........Faddy .........................ZFA

............................Anier.....................................

The 'last Saturday match of the season' confused me.

Didn't realise the Inverness match was a Wednesday. Must be the first time our (home) season has ended mid week.

Of course St. Johnstone have battered us twice this season already and are in a good run of form but we have a pretty good record at Fir Park against St. Johnstone,it's P8 W6 D1 L1 since Jim Gannon got his jotters.

Didn't realise the Inverness match was a Wednesday. Must be the first time our (home) season has ended mid week.

Of course St. Johnstone have battered us twice this season already and are in a good run of form but we have a pretty good record at Fir Park against St. Johnstone,it's P8 W6 D1 L1 since Jim Gannon got his jotters.

Last one I can remember was Celtic midweek c2004 - Keith Lasley's last (home) game first time around and Ross Wallace allegedly kicked by a fan during a pitch invasion...

3-1 Motherwell on Saturday.

Last one I can remember was Celtic midweek c2004 - Keith Lasley's last (home) game first time around and Ross Wallace allegedly kicked by a fan during a pitch invasion...

Nobody remember the six each game against Hibs then?

In fairness though, what did MJC say there that wasn't 100% accurate?

Our defence IS a shambles (11 goals conceded in 3 games) and they HAVE hit some form.

I don't think it's at all negative to suggest we will struggle in this game.

• Like 3

In fairness though, what did MJC say there that wasn't 100% accurate?

Our defence IS a shambles (11 goals conceded in 3 games) and they HAVE hit some form.

I don't think it's at all negative to suggest we will struggle in this game.

When a team we are facing is on a run, MJC says we will struggle because they are on a run.

When we are on a run, MJC says we will lose because we are due a defeat.

When we have struggled against a team in prior fixtures regardless of form, MJC says that team will beat us.

When we have regularly beaten a team in prior fixtures regardless of form, MJC says we will lose because we aren't playing that great.

etc. etc.

It's not difficult to find a reason why we could lose any game. That is different from believing we are going to lose every game.

• Like 2