Motherwell V St Johnstone 03/05/14

Brazilian

FFS You never give up with the negative shite do you..:doh:

When a team we are facing is on a run, MJC says we will struggle because they are on a run.

When we are on a run, MJC says we will lose because we are due a defeat.

When we have struggled against a team in prior fixtures regardless of form, MJC says that team will beat us.

When we have regularly beaten a team in prior fixtures regardless of form, MJC says we will lose because we aren't playing that great.

etc. etc.

It's not difficult to find a reason why we could lose any game. That is different from believing we are going to lose every game.

Apart from the several occasions that I predicted that we'd win on here this season though..the recent Kilmarnock game, the last time we played Saints at home, Ross County and no doubt there have been others but I can't be bothered checking back.

But hey, don't get that get in the way of your wee agenda. rolleyes.gif

My wife bought me a half-season ticket for Cooper Stand - I usually sit in PO'D. Since moving I haven't witnessed us being beaten at home - drawn with Aberdeen, beaten Partick Thistle, Hearts, Inverness Caley, Ross County and drawn with Celtic. I know that we lost (at home) to Killie but I couldn't get to that one. So, on that basis and given fact that I'll be at Fir Park on Saturday, I'm anticipating us winning, drawing at worst but not being beaten.

Hope this isn't tempting fate.

Perhaps. Although even if we win and Utd win too we'll need to beat Inverness on Wednesday also.

I'm up for it but have the fear due to the amount of goals we have been conceding. This end of season run has "spectacular collapse" written all over it.

Hope to be proved wrong.

Anybody else surprised by the lack of excitement or hype for this game? We win today and we are almost certainly in Europe. Could only dream of this scenario years ago.

I think perhaps there's a bit of apprehension among the support given the way we've been chucking in goals at the rate we have been. This is certainly a big one today and the result could have a major say on our final position.

Motherwell: Hollis, Reid, Hammell, Hutchinson, McManus, McFadden, Sutton, Vigurs, Lasley, Francis-Angol, Ainsworth

Subs: Nielsen, Kerr, Moore, Murray, Anier, Leitch, Thomas

Not liking that lineup at all. Would have kept Nielsen in and played Vigurs wide left and Leitch in the middle...

Our success agaisnt St. Johnstone in the recent past has come from our speed merchants, which is presumably why we have Zane and Lionel starting.

Surprised Hollis got the nod over Gunnar though.

so let's get this straight, a very important win against a top 6 rival which places us requiring one point for europe and potentially sets up a 2nd place playoff against aberdeen, but folk would rather foam at the mouth on the Dempster thread.

Sums up a section of our fans.

Thought it was a very professional win today where we werent great, and I thought we might concede late in the 2nd half, but all credit to the team for holding on. St Johnstone were a very dirty team and I cannot believe Wotherspoon didnt get in the book. Vigurs MoM for me, he's a touch of class.

• Like 1

First half we played well in patches.

Second half we were hanging on for most of the 45 minutes but although we didn't play well we at least defended better and restricted St. Johnstone to few real chances but it still made for some nervous watching.

At this stage though, it's about winning and getting the points. Roll on Wednesday.

Great battling performance today. Las and vigurs were stand outs for us today and special mention for Hollis with the save at the end. Midfield dominated game today with not a lot of time for the creative players.Ainsworth goal looked like a cross and 2nd goal a header from a free kick punched over the line so goal stood and with it the goal scoring opportunity was not denied so only a yellow and no penalty , if he had stopped it going in then red and penalty.

Onto we'd now and another 3 points please and it's then into a final day showdown.

Mon the Well

Brilliant result, real, real chances going into the final day would be ideal. Let's get over the line against Caley in midweek and go into the last day fearing nothing and have those cunts.