Motherwell V St Johnstone 03/05/14

Brazilian

so let's get this straight, a very important win against a top 6 rival which places us requiring one point for europe and potentially sets up a 2nd place playoff against aberdeen, but folk would rather foam at the mouth on the Dempster thread.

It's OK to to have 2 thoughts at the same time.

Actually enjoyed that game. Good battle, good points.

That was my thoughts on this afternoon too. St.Johnstone are a good team capable of playing some nice attacking play and hurting sides. We largely stifled them in the final third and deservedly saw out the win. Their goal and the late half chance which Hollis saved from apart, I actually thought we defended really well today.

Delighted we got the win.

Should've maybe started with that team at Tannadice? Gunnar hasn't done too much wrong lately actually.

Pity Utd got that equaliser or 3rd minimum could've been sewn up.

Feel better than I did this time last week!

Am I missing something? Aberdeen's to lose surely?

Yes indeed. If Aberdeen win on Tuesday night the last game of the season is meaningless. If Utd win on Tuesday night then the pressure is on us to at least get a point from our last 2 games.

If it's a draw on Tuesday night then regardless of our result against inverness last game of the season is a battle for second place. The result against inverness would decide which team can win second palce with a draw at pittodrie

I think the correct cliche is "it is in our own hands". Saying that Aberdeen are the same.

Aye, that's the one I meant.

We aren't relying on anyone to do us a favour. Win our next 2 games and we've secured 2nd.

Yes indeed. If Aberdeen win on Tuesday night the last game of the season is meaningless.

what a monumental misinterpretation of the situation

or has your Crystal Ball declared we lose to ICT

hard to believe :blink:

Yes indeed. If Aberdeen win on Tuesday night the last game of the season is meaningless. If Utd win on Tuesday night then the pressure is on us to at least get a point from our last 2 games.

If it's a draw on Tuesday night then regardless of our result against inverness last game of the season is a battle for second place. The result against inverness would decide which team can win second palce with a draw at pittodrie

Even if the sheep win on Tues as long as we do the same against ICT on wed then the last game wont be meaningless..a win for us and its 2nd place

what a monumental misinterpretation of the situation

or has your Crystal Ball declared we lose to ICT

hard to believe :blink:

Oooopppsss!!!!

I've made many mistakes and will make many more so, really it's not that hard to believe that I made one here.

• Like 3

I was right up for going to this game today then the boss phoned me this morning the bastard ! long story short i was in Glasgow all day. Sounded like there was a good crowd what was the attendance ?

7200 odd. About 250 St Johnstone fans so quite a turn out for us.

Weeyin - you miss the point. That being that for the entire duration of the game there were no posts here, yet posts on the Dempster thread.

No posts on the match thread during a match is pretty standard these days to be honest, I don't usually even bother looking any more.