Aberdeen Travel

CoF

I know there's still 2 games to be played which might have a huge bearing on how many are going to make the journey, but I thought I'd ask what potential plans are given that it's only a week away and the KO time is SHITE for folk who actually want to follow their football team. Earliest train arrives from Glasgow at 11:47 which is absolutely useless. Busses look like a better option.

I've got the added complication of being in Warwickshire on the Saturday night for a family do but if it's going to be a battle for 2nd then I'll be there by plane, train or time travel.

Thought the club would maybe have sorted something with regards buses for this game, there is still time though. However it is a tricky one because a number of different scenarios could be played out between now and the final whistle on Wednesday night which would have a major impact on the interest in such buses.

If we win the next 2 games and then i believe we could fill a good few buses but on the other hand if we lose a game and/or the sheep pull a result out of the bag against Celtic or Utd then i don't think there will be many at all wanting to go up.

Like i said its a tricky one, do the club book buses now with the chance that they could end up with no-one wanting to go or wait till Thursday morning and have a mad scramble for buses.

Just a wee bit off topic. I noticed that on the mfc site it says that tickets are on sale for the Aberdeen game. I know it says that for some games then there is a pay at the gate option as we'll not been up there for a few years so was wondering if you had to buy your ticket from fir park or can you pay for it on the day?

Just a wee bit off topic. I noticed that on the mfc site it says that tickets are on sale for the Aberdeen game. I know it says that for some games then there is a pay at the gate option as we'll not been up there for a few years so was wondering if you had to buy your ticket from fir park or can you pay for it on the day?

we have always had both options, at one point is was cheaper to buy the ticket in advance.

but on most occasions, after holding a ticket for a much re-arranged game (fuzzy memory) I choose to PATG thereafter

I would say if it was looking like a playoff for league position, then a ticket before a long drive might be sensible, was in office today and folk were already in buying them.

website is a little unclear at this point.

I would expect a PATG option but given the likely demand it may be a good idea to get them in advance

Seriously? We took less than 1000 for the cup game last year and if memory serves me right I'm sure that section of the ground holds 2000+ - no way we'll fill that.

Not so sure about that. If it turns out to be a one off decider for second then that's a pretty massive, probably only bettered by a semi final or final.

We could potentially find out as early as Tuesday if it's going to be a decider game and if it is, I can absolutely guarantee the ticket office before the ICT game will be mobbed.

Just took this off the BT website if it helps anybody

SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Wednesday May 7: St Johnstone v Celtic - 7.45pm

Saturday May 10: TBC v TBC - 7.45pm

Sunday May 11: Aberdeen v Motherwell - 12.15pm

You should be able to get a drink in Aberdeen from 6am on the day of the match - just head down to the harbour area and you will find boozers open. Also used to drink in Aitchies on the way home from offshore regularly (~9:30 am), so I would guess he opens at 8am. Chances are there will be a few casuals wherever you go for a beer, such is life and it is their home town.

Also train is still an option - although you may need to get into Glasgow to get up there in time for a beer or 2.

Would thoroughly recommend the Moorings for an after match beer. Pretty much a Rock/alternative grunge pub, but it is probably the finest of Aberdeen's dive bars.  Cracking selection of beers, a pinball table and the best Jukebox selection I have ever seen. Live music Friday / Saturday night also. Clientele from punks, rockers, grunge, students, bikers, passing seamen, the occasional office worker. ;If whisky is your tipple, drop into the Grill bar - some 600 whiskies available to sample. ;Belmont St is student central on the evening.

Edit - tidied up text.