Motherwell V Ict 07/05/14

Brazilian

I know. Just how lucky are we? Average, lazy players, poor manager decisions. How on earth can we compete with a team containing Scotland's future or Celtics next challengers I'll never know.

Check out the league table ya twangers.

Do you think McCall would continue to play him if his attitude in training was suspect?

he gave omar daley a run out and an appearance bonus on the final day of last season so ripping the pish out the club obviously doesn't disqualify anyone from getting a game under mccall.

people said jim paterson wasn't out of shape under malpas yet mcghee made him a far better player by forcing him to lose a bit of weight. our second half performances every week show we have a fitness problem across the squad so i don't know how much faith we can have in the training the players are doing.

• Like 1

I must admit to being a bit pissed off to be fair. I mean...we've been so promising the last few seasons, but this year we've ended up easily the 10th shittest team in the league. Possibly the 11th shittest.

I just don't understand where it all went so wrong :(

1399504552[/url]' post='411113']

he gave omar daley a run out and an appearance bonus on the final day of last season so ripping the pish out the club obviously doesn't disqualify anyone from getting a game under mccall.

people said jim paterson wasn't out of shape under malpas yet mcghee made him a far better player by forcing him to lose a bit of weight. our second half performances every week show we have a fitness problem across the squad so i don't know how much faith we can have in the training the players are doing.

Impressive, a negative/hate Motherwell parody account on here.

he looks lazy because he's lazy. he's slow because he doesn't train hard enough.

that's good enough for motherwell these days though which is why this season has been as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Your attempts at trolling were more entertaining last season too. Too obvious this time around - lazy and lacking in effort.

Aye either or! But if we had a fast attacking midfielder we would not have these sticky 30min arse to the wall sessions as we would have an out ball to link to the attack.

Still as I said it shows we are a very good team in that we win when playing bad. Christ Arsenal made a career of it years ago!

Not too much to add except that we won and that's the most important thing. It's safe to say that our second half performance was yet again utterly chronic though and I honestly cannot understand why we try to sit on a lead when we have squandered so many throughout the season. We also looked like we were blowing out our arses after 60 minutes, again that raises questions over our fitness and training. However, as I say, it's the business end of the season and we needed a win and got it.

The important thing is that we won, although it has to be said the performance was downright brutal. In truth ICT deserved a point but I didn't like their style of play. They were very fortunate to reach half time with 11 players on the pitch. The amount of possession that they enjoyed was embarrassing. There are clearly shortcomings with our squad that will need to be addressed in the close season.

Still we won our last home game of the season and will finish, at worst a very creditable third. A chance too to say goodbye and thanks to the likes of Ainsworth and Hutchinson.

Quite a good crowd last night.

Aye either or! But if we had a fast attacking midfielder we would not have these sticky 30min arse to the wall sessions as we would have an out ball to link to the attack.

Still as I said it shows we are a very good team in that we win when playing bad. Christ Arsenal made a career of it years ago!

I'm not sure it's the lack of fast attacking midfielder that's the problem. We had Ainsworth playing a more central role (almost up top) for a while but we showed an absolutely inability to get the ball to him. Moore was also out wide in a lot of space but again, we just couldn't get the ball to him. In fact, we were unable to get the ball to any Motherwell player for the last 30.

Why don't you get over to Celtic Park if you what to see exciting winning teams.

Your constant moaning would not be missed on here...

St Mirren is steelboys club of choice. Slick passing football with no end result. He just loves seeing the club he loves fail, so he'll have a fucking field day following them.

I'm not sure it's the lack of fast attacking midfielder that's the problem. We had Ainsworth playing a more central role (almost up top) for a while but we showed an absolutely inability to get the ball to him. Moore was also out wide in a lot of space but again, we just couldn't get the ball to him. In fact, we were unable to get the ball to any Motherwell player for the last 30.

Central midfield could be a big issue for us in the close season and it needs revamped. In that critical area of the pitch Inverness proved too big, strong and fast for us. We also need a physical defensive midfielder in there to face up to and break up opposition attacks. Still that's an issue for another day. Lets enjoy our day and look forward to Sunday.

1399536457[/url]' post='411136']

Central midfield could be a big issue for us in the close season and it needs revamped. In that critical area of the pitch Inverness proved too big, strong and fast for us. We also need a physical defensive midfielder in there to face up to and break up opposition attacks. Still that's an issue for another day. Lets enjoy our day and look forward to Sunday.

I've said it before, get Jennings back. Don't think he's got a club and could still do a job for us at this level.

I can't comment on the game as i was listening to it on open all mics driving home from Dumbarton, but they said we bossed the first half and they were drooling over Vigurs performance. I never heard anything of the second half but from checking posts on here it was pretty grim viewing.

Jennings isn't even the type of player we need. We have Lasley, Carswell, Leitch, Vigurs and Lawson who can all play in central midfield.

We need to replace Ainsworth and I think we will....with Ainsworth.

We could do with a Jamie Murphy type player. Someone that can play off the left with a bit of pace and trickery. Francis-Angol hasn't done too badly recently but I don't think his performances have been strong enough over the course to think of him as an automatic first choice.

We'll probably have to replace Hutchinson with a new centre half.

If Reid comes in next season he can cover in a few positions.

I don't actually see many changes for next season, I think most of the guys out of contract will sign on again and most of the players we'd want to move on are contracted another year.

We could do with two or three new faces just to freshen up the squad though.

I don't actually see many changes for next season, I think most of the guys out of contract will sign on again and most of the players we'd want to move on are contracted another year.

I hope you are right , but its not what I have heard ...if we have any 1 from Hutchison , McManus , Faddy , Ainsworth or Sutton her at the start of next season it will be a minor miracle !!!

What have you heard?

Sutton is under contract so unless someone puts in a decent bid he will stay.

I'm resigned that Hutchy is away.

McManus has had more good games than bad but hasn't been as commanding and dominant as I'd hoped someone of his reputation would bring.

Faddy. All time favourite player and dream come true to see him play for us again but if we're being honest; has been massively disappointing and has contributed very little. And that's being kind.

Ainsworth could go either way. Is be happy for him to stay but he'll have other offers in sure.

Its all down to one thing ..money ...and we have none ...budgets will be cut again and there will be no money to offer these guys contracts if what Im being told is right , plus if any decent offer comes in for Sutton it will be accepted .