Big Shaun Hutchie Geordie Man!

Steve Diggle

It's getting to that point in the season when we're running out of games and in true Motherwell tradition we have no clue who'll be here or not next season. In fact it's quite worrying in some regards that we've heard nowt about Las, Hammell etc.

One guy who looks to be stepping onto Fir Park for the final time, as it stands is Big Shaun Hutchinson

Still a young guy at 23 with around 140 games under his belt.

Great servant, would run through a brick wall for us - in fact would put the heid in it if required - seems to have loved his time here and seems to be a great guy to have around the club. We should have been able to capitalise hugely in the transfer market but for a number of reasons it wasn't to be.

Hopefully he'll get all the plaudits at full time in front of a large & jubilant well support at Pittodrie next Sunday - but for many the last chance to show appreciation will be Wednesday night against ICT.

I hope he stays - however if Wednesday is his last game at Fir Park then I hope he gets the send off he deserves.

Big Shaun Hutchie Geordie Man :clapping::thumbup::drinks::clapping:

• Like 5

In 25 years of going to Fir Park, one of my all time favourites. Few players like him in modern football.

He done well to get over his early injury issues when he was 18/19. Next step is to make the most of his attributes and play at a high level in England.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

• Like 1

Resigned to him leaving. One of my Sevco supporting mates is convinced they've either signed him already or are going to.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Between now and the start of next season they'll be linked to anyone who knows what a football is. From the odd soundbites I've heard from Nicky Law, his experience there doesn't appear to have been that positive so hopefully others will take a lesson from that.

I would never turn on Hutchy if he ended up coming back to Fir Park with Sevco but it would hurt me i won't lie.

I wouldn't as well. Has been a good servant and always gives his all. I could , however, see sections of the support doing so, similar to what happened with Reynolds earlier in the season wallbash.gif

I remember him being touted for one of the England under teams, under 19s i think it was. If I remember correctly he got injured , wonder where he would be right now if he hadn't got injured then. Might have dreamt all that up but couldn't find anything on the internet whistling.gif.

Just cant see him going to Sevco, more likely down to the somewhere like Sheffield Utd or something.

One of my favourite players over the past 10 years, when he broke through under Gannon I thought we had a future £1m player. A few injuries later and months out the team due to Craig Brown not fancying him and he'd gone back a bit. As much as I still like him I don't think he's improved as much as he should've by 24yrs old. He still looks like a big raw boy at times.

Would love to see him stay but if he goes... he goes, with all the best wishes from everyone i'm sure!!

Definitely one of the guys that is more than willing to take one for the team. Will really miss the big fella, if he goes.

Seems to have got a bit stale the last season or so and not really kicked on as much as I had hoped he would. Keeps making similar mistakes as well. But an immense physical presence in our defensive lineup and we would really miss him.

I've already said i fancy McManus to end up at Easter Road but we've not mentioned the geordie man potentially ending up there which is a very real possibility. Its not a rash reaction to Dempster leaving for Leith but if we are all honest we need to think all our out of contract lads are open to Hibs new recruitment drive.

I've already said i fancy McManus to end up at Easter Road but we've not mentioned the geordie man potentially ending up there which is a very real possibility. Its not a rash reaction to Dempster leaving for Leith but if we are all honest we need to think all our out of contract lads are open to Hibs new recruitment drive.

I cant see hutch going to Hibs in the first division. The govan mob maybe but not hibs. I expect him to go down south

Great servant to the club. Its a shame he has hit a glass ceiling with us in terms of development. The time is right for him to move on to a bigger club with the structure and resources that will allow him to become the player we all hope he can be. Hope his agent is smart enough to know thats not SEVCO. All the best Hutch. Its been a blast.

Rangers fans at work tell me he was in the Loudon Tavern watching a recent Rangers game on TV & telling the local knuckle-draggers he's always had a soft-spot for Rangers. Hmmmmm, cannae be many Shaun's that lay claim to that over the years. Hopefully it's a lot of pish cos the big man has been excellent for us. A wee bit raw aye but hard as f*ck & willing to put himself in the firing line more than most.

• Like 1

Rangers fans at work tell me he was in the Loudon Tavern watching a recent Rangers game on TV & telling the local knuckle-draggers he's always had a soft-spot for Rangers. Hmmmmm, cannae be many Shaun's that lay claim to that over the years. Hopefully it's a lot of pish cos the big man has been excellent for us. A wee bit raw aye but hard as f*ck & willing to put himself in the firing line more than most.

Did your mates witness it or did they read about it on the internet? If they only read about it, i wouldnt be too worried. My Rangers workmate told me Hutchie was a big Rangers fan. He knew this because he read it on Rangers media. Sorry mate, i think you'll find he's Newcastle through and through.

Nah, just cant see it.

TBH Hibs is nothing more (potentially) than a financial draw, and even then this won't really be an issue if they get relegated.

I've always thought that our current team are, by and large, of the head-screwed-on variety, so I really can't see too many of their heads being turned by a couple more quid instead of European football - not to mention the absolute car crash that the Hibs team seem to be.

Might just be being naive/optimistic but we'll see!