Aberdeen V Motherwell 11/05/14

well_said

I noticed while watching the highlights of the goal that there was a policeman standing videoing the Motherwell fans. Another instance of the police making fans into criminals without any just cause......... On the other hand, any chance of a swatch at that tape? ;)

i didn't think it was a foul at the time and having seen the highlights a few times im not convinced it is a foul,the lack of any real protests from the aberdeen players langfield in particular says it all for me

I noticed while watching the highlights of the goal that there was a policeman standing videoing the Motherwell fans. Another instance of the police making fans into criminals without any just cause......... On the other hand, any chance of a swatch at that tape? ;)

Saw that and at the end when a Well fan got on the pitch and fell face down big polis picks him up arm up the back and it looked from the tv angle back into the crowd?

Seriously, you can probably write to Police Scotland and request a copy of the film if you can prove that you are included in the relevant clip. Check the police website for guidance on the Data Protection Act application.

Seriously, you can probably write to Police Scotland and request a copy of the film if you can prove that you are included in the relevant clip. Check the police website for guidance on the Data Protection Act application.

If someone that was there fancies doing that it would be good, would love to see the well fans reaction to the goal.

Ended up following the game on twitter in Di Maggios in EK. Let out a massive cheer when the tweet came up - got a few looks!!

My Aberdeen mates have been mixed in reaction. One was seething, but the other said we deserved it for have a much better run in than the dons, who have only won twice since the league cup final.

Yes the morning after the day before.........What a tremendous day out.......Big shout to Shug for driving :cheers:.

Great team effort........tactics spot on.....clear foul at the goal.....but as it has been mentioned numerous times on the post KARMA..........celebrations at the goal unbelievable......just glad there was only a minute added on :whistling:......after the original outrage amongst all dossers at this decision !

The initial confusion around the goal was it a foul, penalty,the ball looked to be going out before Reid smashed it home....it seemed to last for ages !

A few highlights for me was the fat guy(good coming from me) down in the corner nearest the beach end with his top off taunting the Dandies at the end...........

Jack Leitch celebration at the goal.............

McInnes whinging on the radio "they never took the free kick at the right place":laugh:

Walking over the hill at the beach end a good 25 minutes after the final whistle amongst greetin Dandies and all you can here are the Bois still giving laldy from the ground :notworthy: ( The have been a credit the whole season and long may they continue)

Yesterday was right up with 91 IMHO !

Have practically had the popcorn out reading the tear stained purecannaetakeit meltdowns from sheep I know on Facebook. Grown men battering their key boards in rage! Glorious.

Aberdeen truly are a deplorable bunch. 10 years of bottom six fodder, they string a couple of results together, come out the woodwork and lord it over everyone as if it was 1983 all over again.

Sublime!

Early start and a long drive yesterday, parked on the Esplanade and had to walk miles to the stadium. Froze my nuts aff and got soaked.

But all totally fucking worth it for the last minute alone and the bounce after the game with the players. I'll remember that feeling for a long, long time.

Best I felt since Fitzpatrick scored against Hearts in the cup semi at Easter road.

Boi's and the large away support were amazing the whole game, I'm still a bit rough. By fuck times like this make it all worth while.

Hats off to the players, management and staff for a remarkable season.drinks.gif

Respect to the Boi's notworthy.gif

Congratulations fella's (and ladies)

I can certainly have no complaints. Defended superbly, Hutchinson in particular. Bottom line is we failed to break you down, the manner of the goal is irrelevant, it stood and that's all that matters, swings in roundabouts as we are aware.

I'm still happy that we have finished 3rd considering where we have under McGhee and Brown. Also the league cup. We have European football to look forward too, hopefully we can both give a good account of ourselves, I'll tell you what though, Motherwell deserve a huge amount of credit, they never gave up over the course of the season, I think our own fans unrealistic expectations were too much for us to handle as the season went on. Your resources though is what makes it more credible for you, seriously folks, well done.

I hope it's as exciting as this next season, Armageddon they said when der h*n went bust, nonsense. Fantastic end to the season for the neutral.

DonInPeace

Very kind words, much appreciated. Respect to the Dons faithful in the Richard Donald Stand who waited to applaud our lads off, showed real class.

I decided not to post lastnight, just enjoyed it all.

Now, I'm sitting at my desk at work today and still chuckling away at how brilliant that was. Chuckling accompanied by the big drum beat! I've got to say that I think the goal, and the 30 minutes of mass hysteria was probably the most Motherwell related fun since the march in Nancy.

I had a real bit of fear seeing the line up, one striker on the pitch, we all know how well that worked out in the second half on Wednesday but fair play to McCall. Soak up everything Aberdeen had to offer and then on 75 minutes send on Faddy, play three at the back and go for it. Almost instantly, we had a corner and were threatening. The 'well fans who had been brilliant throughout despite watching an exercise in bus parking, really responded and ramped right up for those last 15 minutes. It was fucking beautiful.

Couldn't believe the ref signalling one minute of injury time. I actually work with a former grade 1 SPL and Europa ref, he has always told me he used to add 30 seconds PER SUB. In the end though, one minute is all we needed. When that goal finally went in I think my heart was in my mouth for what seemed like an eternity while waiting to see if it would be chopped off. Then bang, YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My mate had turned round to get it right up the Aberdeen fans, when he turned back, I was already 8 rows forward along with what seemed like another 500 'well fans. Brilliant.

Those celebrations after the final whistle were fantastic. Loved the fact that the players were all bouncing around like maddies, particularly Hutch and Lasley. Obviously they can hear the songs from the stands but I always wonder if they take in, the moves etc. Clearly they do, seeing them doing hawns, bouncing around for SIWY and getting right into it was just phenomenal. As was having 1000+ fans going tonto. Special mention to the 'well boys, boys with the drum or whatever they want to be known as. What you have done to engage the support is to be commended.

Rangers and Celtic fans can't understand this next point, but in reality, there is noway we or any other non OF team can challenge for the league with the difference in resources and budgets. For us to essentially win the league that we are playing for 3 years in a row is a truly incredible achievement.

Aberdeen – best season in 20 years and they win the diddy cup! Given the amount of shite I've read and listened to from the media about them this year, it makes it sweeter. I wonder if 'the well are going to challenge Celtic next season as Aberdeen were supposed to? Of course not.

McInnes and Aberdeen fans greetin about a supposed foul on Johny handsome is nothing more than sour grapes. Points wise, there is no difference in points earned in game 1 or game 38. Aberdeen have been the beneficiaries of so many 'dodgy decisions' this season, for them to cry about one against them just shows their mentality. Loved that McCall pointed out two decisions they have got against us this season. If he really cared, he could probably get a catalogue of decisions that went for Aberdeen against the rest of the teams as well.

Aberdeen are going to be back bigger and stronger next season, but I have an inkling that we will too. If we hold the majority of the team, strengthen the keeper situation we are only going to improve. Leitch looks ready to step up, and hopefully Faddy can get a good spell fit.

Something I thought about this morning, is feel good moments like this are an ideal time to really make another push at the 'well society.

Special mention to Hutchy yesterday, thought he was outstanding. Two top class tackles, and never put a foot wrong. The celebrations showed how much it meant to him. Looks like the 'well are in his head, just a shame we can't afford him. Would be nice if that extra £250k could free up some money for a contract extension, but I think that's the last we will see of the big man. Good luck to him, great servant to the club and really deserves a big move. One of my favourite 'well players since I saw him fly into a crunching slide tackle against Steaua Bucharest.

Anyway, back to work, if I can get any done.

Mon the 'well. SIWY!

• Like 7

Wish I could bottle it .... " how to win games " ...because my God we may not be the best side in the league but we know how to win football matches. I was just thinking how many times this season have I saw us hanging on at the end of games , looking dead beat but somehow managing to hold out for a win .

Also , many people say that some managers are "lucky managers " ...well I would say that our manager comes into that category and I don't say that meaning to bring him down ..the total opposite in fact , I think he should get a knighthood for what hes done in 3 years , but he always seems to get the wee breaks at the time he needs them most ..yip , I will take a lucky manager anytime .

For the 45 odd years Ive been following the team , I cannot remember an occasion , apart from '91 , that has made me more proud to be a Well fan ...thank you to all at Fir Park for a fantastic season once again .

Where did that come from - one of the players or backroom staff?

That's absolutely bouncing. Our end looks just about full - anyone know how many we had up? It looks a lot more than we had up for the cup game last season - just think what it could have been if it was 3pm on a saturday.

There's been a lack of clips posted but I guess that's done to people having too much of a good time to stop and film it.woop.gif

Motherwell FC 11/05/2014

This was about all that was missing from the commentary yesterday when that goal went in. Still can't get the smile off my face! Great day to be a Well fan, just like every other only sweeter.

There only were two subs in the 2nd half and I don't remember other stoppages so one minute was probably fair enough.

Many refs awards 10 seconds per substitution - there is no set time. However they normally don't take that long. However they do award 30 seconds per goal scored and up until that point there had been none. Goals do cause substantial delays.