Todays Winning Goal.

postiejim

Forget the rights and wrongs of the goal. Why did the Dons players stop playing?? I was told at under 10's that you play the whistle. They just stood and watched like dicks and can be seen shouting at the ref when the ball is still in play popcorm1.gif

Feels great to be on the other side of one of those ref calls for a change drinks.gif

McCall's response:

"If we've got anything today it's evened it up, there's no doubt about that. You have to go back to Russell Anderson's goal in the last kick of the game for them at Fir Park where he forearm smashes it in, and takes out [Jack] Leitch on the line which is a clear, clear foul.

John Sutton scores in the League Cup quarter final - it's a yard onside, we don't get it."

• Like 5

While its always nicer to win comfortably, I have no problem accepting the result here even if a controversial goal...about time we gave Aberdeen 1 in the ass!!!!

I thought mcfadden got penalised unfairly when reynolds went down late in the game, whereby we were onto a 3 on 1 run at the goal.

Going tae be a lot of talk over the next few days about this goal so I thought I would start a new thread .Got this online and it gives a good view of events.

I love the little bit of bird song in the background of that clip. I think you can just about hear the tears of the guy who posted it as well.

I don't see the challeng as being a clear cut foul and as stated in other thread ( or shoutbox ) Before the ball got there one of the aberdeen defenders was hauling Hutchinson back by the scruff of the nexk. Great still shot of it in one of the threads. So if they want to go by the book it should ahve been a PK to us.

Watched replay many times.

Not a foul at all

Big Sutty had eye on ball whole time and it was a 50-50 with the goalkeeper

Play to the whistle

Tend to agree with that. They both went up the both contacted they both fell why should it be a foul for the keeper? Not like he remotely had posession of the ball

Watched replay many times.

Not a foul at all

Big Sutty had eye on ball whole time and it was a 50-50 with the goalkeeper

Play to the whistle

Your supposed to be working - how can you watch it many times :thumbup:

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo we are Motherwell - what a bounce me and the wee man had.

He also had a chat with Craig Moore - made his day.

Doesn't matter how it went in as all that will show in the history books will be the fact it was "a goal" - end of ph34r.gif

So let them cry and dig out an array of adjectives and verbs to make themselves feel better but it can never change the result!!

Stonewall penalty in the lead up.

goal.jpg

100% agree and it's one of my pet peeves that in recent seasons that kind of incident goes unpunished much more often than not. Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time.

In my book that isn't a foul but I think most top flight referees would have given it given the over protection goalkeepers get. Of course there is an issue that the referee signalled advantage, I assume for the Reynolds' handball on the goal line when the ball hit the pokey. Can I say I don't think I could have taken watching a penalty in that situation. I'm also now very pleased he only added on one minute - meant we only had one header to win. Wasn't so pleased when the board went up.

That was probably the best and most disciplined tactical performance I've seen under Mccall.

Absolutely spot on. McCall deserves massive credit for tactics 2day. Stuck to the game plan and got a wee break at the end. Mcinnes going ballistic at ref at end of game was hilarious!!