Congratulations Motherwell Fc And Congratulations Stuart Mccall

MJC_MKI

That today was sensational.

I've very often criticised McCall and his teams for their failure to deliver in 'big' games where we're up against a side desperate to win but today he came up trumps. That was a superb team performance. Gutsy, full of character and McCall even subbed off a centre half for Faddy in an attempt to go for it - and it only fucking worked!

We have now finished 'best of the rest' for the third, the fucking THIRD season running! That is sensational especially considering the quality we lost last summer and the frustrating lows of this season. We hung in there to the very end against the media darling Aberdeen's all conquering machine and we stole 'their' second place from under their very noses with the last kick of the season. Delightful stuff.

I don't normally believe in Karma, but I see that as payback for the corner that never was, the handball in January, the disallowed goal in October - all breaks they have got against us to help them on their way to wins. Not to mention the two last minute equalisers at that shitehole last season. That was payback and then some.

Congratulations Motherwell FC for another incredible campaign where we defied the odds and the expectations of so many of its own support, and congratulations Stuart McCall. Whatever anyone thinks of him, and I'm probably one of his biggest critics, no one can argue that his league record with us is superb.

Well done Super Well!!!

• Like 12

Absolutely incredible season considering our budget, a massive thank you to the players and McCall who deserve more credit than they get.

I doubt in my lifetime I will see another 70 point season, so i'm going to tan some drink tonight and enjoy it!!

Europe AGAIN!!!!!! Amazing!!

I'd love to know who you regard as being a happy clapper.

You could very likely guess if you had a look. It's quite simple. The folk who abuse MJC weekly for daring to consider less than a Well win and clean sheet. Not yourself, admittedly. You seem very much a realist. I certainly don't plan on naming posters. Everyone's opinion is their own and as long as they can justify it, I won't be slagging it. There are accounts I like more/less week by week, but I respect their opinion nonetheless.

I don't expect us to win every game (as with a number of fans) or get battered weekly (MJC/Steelboy) but I don't find pessimism any more irksome than optimism.

Not the time to be arguing amongst fans though. Tremendous achievement by the team.

• Like 1

The team we had last year was special, to surpass the points total of that squad, while up against a superior Aberdeen and Dundee United, is a baffling achievement.

McCall, his staff and the players deserve huge credit for their phenomenal work ethic and will to win. We've never seen such a consistent Motherwell team.

Thank you Motherwell. Roll on a kind draw in Europe and having a right good go.

Love McCall as a Motherwell manager. Even if he hadn't got us second, I think he has been outstanding since day dot. His signings have almost all worked perfectly. Yes we've fucked up in cups but from a league perspective it's been consistent success and record breaks. As I've said before, in 10 years time we will look back on this period with much fondness. We'll still be talking about this era in 30 years I reckon.

Congratulations to all connected with MFC. Directors, management and players take a bow. Stuart McCall got his tactics spot on although he couldn't have bargained for Ainsworth's early departure.

Finally a special word for our support. Turned up in large numbers and never gave up singing - in the dying stages they really urged the team on. Maybe they sensed that something special was about to happen.

Well said MJC, a brilliant post.. I cant describe how good that felt today, the celebration will live with me for a very long time. So proud of everyone at the club, incredible.

in 10 years time we will look back on this period with much fondness. We'll still be talking about this era in 30 years I reckon.

Said it before, we're a great team every 20 years - early 30's, 50's, 70's, 90's & 10's. Cup win next year.... or 2031.

Could not have written it any better, maybe going in aff a defenders face - and the celebrations from the players was superb. I just love seeing that. Embdy post photies?

I am strangely optimistic for next year. GBTW.

I can only really echo what others have said and add my sincere heart felt congratulations to Stuart McCall and the players.

I never thought I'd see the day when we'd amass 70 points in a season. It's quite an astounding feat.

These past few seasons for our club have been heady ones indeed and IMHO having been going to FP for nigh on 50 years they have been the best ever. Surely only the truly great 'Well team of the 1930's era surpass them.

As another poster already said, some day in the future the (younger) fans will look back on this as a truly golden era.notworthy.gif

• Like 1

if stuart mccall can get us some silverware, he will go down as one of the best managers EVER

the last few seasons have been sensational - absolutely fantastic achievement to hit 70 points (exactly double what the big city club Hibs achieved)

was interesting to note from the BBC Alba HT footage with Hammell, it was mentioned what is sometimes brought up on here.......his reply was "i'd give up all the success we've had over the years to bring some silverware to the club"

and to think of all those people who wanted him out in December!!!!!!!!!