Is The Season Over?

Burn_Broomfield

Not over by a long stretch, but it's going to be a tall order and I don't think we have enough quality in the squad to achieve 3rd or 4th. 5th would be entirely satisfactory and I believe would probably be enough to get back in the UEFA Cup?, but even getting in the top 6 is going to require winning games we wouldn't be expected to.

The only thing that has softened the blow of last nights cup exit is Celtic would almost have certainly put us out in the next round. Had we had a non-Old Firm team awaiting us in the Quarters then I think the disppointment would be increased x 100 at the missed opportunity to get back to Hampden.

If we had went out the cup to St Mirren with our heads held high then I'd say Europe is still on but the manner in which we went out is what is worrying. We were poor last night with a full strength team and on a good pitch.

I sometimes wonder if we simply don't have the personnel anymore. It's hard to judge how well McGhee's tactics worked when the players were struggling to do the absolute basics - passing and controlling the ball. We've got from having a strong forward line to wondering where the goals are going to come from. Clarky can often pull it out the bag but he isn't exactly consistant and I'm unconvinced by Sheridan and Sutton so far.

McGhees interview on the official site is a pretty scathing analysis of the night which can only be a good thing. I'd have worried if he'd come out with the 'we worked hard, we were unlucky' statement that he was using at the start of the season.

I've still got faith in McGhee and the players to get us into Europe again but let's just say it's being tested just now.

I know one player will never solve all our problems but I wonder what Aydilek has to offer? Someone stronger in front of Hammell could make a big difference.

Personally im dreading sunday for the following reasons 1. They're a wee bit off form and everytime we meet a team like that we get pumped. 2 We have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of getting a goal on sunday 3. The wee fat Aussie will turn Reynolds for fun 4. It's 'father' Brines in charge we'll get hee haw decisions. 5 Sorry but we're CRAP!. :unsure: .

It is still possible that we can reach 5th place. That would be enough for European football next season. All we need to garauntee that is an old firm final or at least the winner already being in the top 4.

I never knew that. Surely such a combination has a good chance of happening?

That changes things as far as the importance of the rest of our season goes for me then!

We are only goal difference behind Hibs and five points behind Aberdeen, so although Top Six isn't guaranteed we aren't far off a European place either.

Stick behind the team and you never know.

Stick behind the team and you never know.

Stick behind the team anway i'd say.

If someone's wanting to support a team who will be competing for trophies at the end of most seasons then surely Motherwell wouldn't be the best choice?

The seasons not over. We have to get top 6.

After that, it's all about finishing as high up the league as we can.

Excellent weekend so far for Motherwell. Aberdeen now only 6 points ahead, Dundee United 8 points and Hearts 10 points with Motherwell having a game in hand. Could close the gap to 3, 5, 7 if we win our game in hand with our next 4 games being ICT and the three mentioned....

OK, granted, our game in hand is against Celtic but hey since when has that bothered the believers!

I personally think that the season is over, I think we are just to far back from 3rd and 4th and our best chances of success was the Cup. I couldn't guve a fuck if we get top six our not as(financially its better to be 6) it doesn't matter a jot where you finish as long as relegation isn't an issue. From a personal perspective this really finishes my interest in the season when we play Inverness away as it is the only game worth going to. Oh Scottish football really is pants

It will be if we dont take 8 or 9 points out the next 12.

The next 2 SPL games away we need to win, ICT only to stop them from dragging us in to the relegation mire,and to try and get us in to the top 6.......its pish in the bottom 6 after the stupid split.

It will be if we dont take 8 or 9 points out the next 12.

The next 2 SPL games away we need to win, ICT only to stop them from dragging us in to the relegation mire,and to try and get us in to the top 6.......its pish in the bottom 6 after the stupid split.

The season certainly isn't over if the bold happens! After the cup loss in the Malpas season we capitulated. Need to make sure that doesn't happen again!

It isn't over we've still a lot to play for this season. You just need to think back to helicopter Sunday, to know that the season can be exciting right to the final whistle on the last day of the season. That game was easily in my top 5 Well moments of all time. Here's to another one today. :D

Mon the Well! :unsure: