Ideal Top Flight

CoF

We find out tomorrow if it'll be Hibs or Accies we'll be facing in the league next season and as much as I would love to see Hibs going down, I'd much rather they didn't. Despite being our local(ish) derby, Accies just don't excite me and they'll bring a pish support to FP which is a concern given our falling attendances.

This got me wondering what everyones preferred 11 teams would be for Motherwell to face in the league, both in terms of the overall health of the top flight and also what's of benefit specifically to MFC and it's fans (bringing a good away support to FP, a good away day etc)?

Personally, I think we do require the city clubs (Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Dundee, Hibs, Hearts and Partick) to be in the top flight simply because of the boost in overall attendances and they tend to bring better away supports. There's also a few derbies in there which keeps things interesting when we're not playing. I've intentionally left Sevco out because, despite the wealth they bring to the league I'm absolutely dreading them bringing their absolute drivel back to what has turned into quite an enjoyable league.

Falkirk also have a decent following and have in the past brought decent crowds to fir park. They also have a healthy ethos of bringing youth through.

St Mirren - Fucking hate that club but we do tend to take a decent crowd through which is always fun (even if we do tend to get scudded).

Kilmarnock - A shambles of a club which isn't great for the league as a whole, but again we've taken some decent crowds there making for a good away day.

As for the last club, I'd genuinely like to see Dunfermline or Ayr United in the top flight again. They're far bigger clubs than most the teams in the championship and are possibly bigger than ICT, St Johnstone or Ross County. Shame they're both in such a mess.

Ross County have been deviating for the league, out the way, bring nobody and vote as per the unwashed.

Aberdeen

Unwashed (I'd happily see them go elsewhere though, have they ever considered an Atlantic League?)

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Hibs

Hearts

Partick

St. Johnstone

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Ayr Utd (just for a change)

No St. Mirren as I'm not a fan of their stadium or police liaison.

Ideal Top flight would be

Motherwell

Celtic , Rangers, Dundee , Dundee Utd , Aberdeen , Hibs , Hearts ,

Inverness CT , ST Johnstone , Falkirk , Morton

The big city teams and Falkirk + Morton who bring decent away crowds. Get rid of Partick,St Midden,Ross Cunty + Killie

run by an actual competent Chief Executive who had an ounce of commercial savvy and was able to negotiate half decent sponsorships + TV Deals

The top 12 clubs in the country, be they from the Cities or from the middle of nowhere. If Accies manage to turnaround there 2-0 deficit then they are one of the 12 ideal clubs.

Fan base, financial pulling power etc. Should not have any bearing on the matter, if your football team is not better than another 12 clubs.

• Like 2

The top 12 clubs in the country, be they from the Cities or from the middle of nowhere. If Accies manage to turnaround there 2-0 deficit then they are one of the 12 ideal clubs.

Fan base, financial pulling power etc. Should not have any bearing on the matter, if your football team is not better than another 12 clubs.

Aye, obviously.

Wouldn't begrudge the promotion of any team however some clubs do bring more to the league than others.

Merging the Premiership and Championship and make the top flight a league of 22 playing each other once at home once away and merge league 1 & 2 with the same structure of 20 teams playing 1 home 1 away and even open it up so you can be promoted or demoted to and from league and non league.

Spot on.