Pre-Season Friendlies

something else

OK so we had 5 pre season games, but its not just the number of games that count in the number of full 90 minutes that players have racked up. By my reckoning only 4 played a full 90 minutes in the Fulham game. How many of our lads racked up a full 90 minutes in each game. Apart maybe from the first game when its fine to chop and change players, surely we should expect our starting line up to have played a full 90 minutes in about 3/4 games.

So five prep games, and we get caught out in competitive fixtures, massive effort to recover from poor advance planning and get an additional fixture arranged for today, then the entire 1st defence and 1st defensive sub are not even listed to get any game time

The defence that were too soft in the competitive games

I can usually find some reasoning for what goes on, but right now I'm just baffled as to what is happening

Really strange team selection in what would appear to be our last game before the season starts?!?!?

Are the regular starters injured? Cummins comes in from nowhere and partners Darren Barr?!?!? Really!?!??!

What a truly bizarre build up to the start of the new season! Ridiculous really.

Go to agree Ian I am completely bemused at the moment. The team selection is baws.

Dont usually read twitter but notice a post from two days ago that the manager was going to email everyone yesterday..... Did this happen and I just miss it.

The tweet being yesterday , that he was to sit down tomorrow so if he prepares it today we'll see it some time after

Listening to McCalls post match interview Reid, Hammell, Ramsden, Kerr and Angol all injured!!

McManus didn't play for "personal reasons"

McCall said there was much "to be positive about", then didn't really articulate what that was!!

It's all quite concerning.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....

Oh ye of little faith.

Some of the biggest greeting faced pessimists live here.

So a few players have some knocks and miss a friendly and it is meltdown time. Ffs get a new hobby you clearly canny handle supporting a fitba team!

Well let's hear why you think differently then? Tell us why we're not right to be deeply concerned at having a squad with no re enforcements and no real chance of re enforcements due to us blowing several hundred thousand pounds by failing against a semi professional outfit in the Europa League?? Not to mention several injuries to key players before a competitive ball has been kicked???

Answers on a postcard please

Did all these players get injured in Iceland?

Maybe if there had been any sort of comment/interview/ whatever since that game, the news of these injuries wouldn't be such a shock....

Apparently Vigurs will miss the first game also due to suspension!