Pre-Season Friendlies

something else

Well let's hear why you think differently then? Tell us why we're not right to be deeply concerned at having a squad with no re enforcements and no real chance of re enforcements due to us blowing several hundred thousand pounds by failing against a semi professional outfit in the Europa League?? Not to mention several injuries to key players before a competitive ball has been kicked???

Answers on a postcard please

Because you trot out the same pish on a weekly basis (twice if we have a midweek game)and where are we?

The Europa match was an embarrassment everyone knows that,it wasn't our first and it certainly wont be our last.This is the site where some clowns wanted our manager sacked in the middle of a season where we finished in the highest position available to us,are we going to go down that road again?

How the hell are they all injured. We've hardly played. Same happened last season after the January break we had. Came back worse off than we were before it.

Jeezo we hardly train and when we do we end up with injuries galore. Can't remember a pre season I've felt so pissed off about things for ages.

We have an entire defence out with the outside hope that 2 will make it.

I hope Ramsden is not about to go on yet another prolonfed spell on the sidelines. Good footballer for the most part, but seemingly made of glass.

Just when u think things could not get any worsewallbash.gif

wallbash.gif

Could well be a challenging start to the season.

Well let's hear why you think differently then? Tell us why we're not right to be deeply concerned at having a squad with no re enforcements and no real chance of re enforcements due to us blowing several hundred thousand pounds by failing against a semi professional outfit in the Europa League?? Not to mention several injuries to key players before a competitive ball has been kicked???

I'll wait and see what the team is come next week and I'll be quite relaxed about it in the meantime. If we bring in some loans or any other signings I'll be quite pleased but if we start with what we have so be it.

If a couple of players are out I'll be interested to see which young players get a chance and you never know they might well do a turn. If not I'm sure our first choice players will be back soon enough.

Of course we could do with a bit more depth, it would be nice if we had raked in some extra cash from Europe but we didn't so get over it and move on. That is life, once something is done it's done and bemoaning the difficulties we face isn't going to change a thing. If you reckon you know what we can do to improve matters then do something, if not chill out and hope things don't turn out like your worst predictions, which they usually don't.

Defence is one area of the team that I know hee haw about our young/squad players....

I would be "comfortable" if Lasley/Sutton/Vigurs/Carswell etc got injured as we kind of know what Leitch/Erwin etc have to offer. We clearly have no other left backs in the youth as the lad Ferguson as SMc said is right footed and was playing out of position.

Unfortunately I do know what Cummins has to offer and it doesnt fill me with much hope or joy.....

I'm not at all happy about the way our very short European adventure went or about our pre season preparations or about our injuries but a sinking ship......come on. Our league campaign hasn't yet started and we haven't kicked a ball in domestic cup competitions yet. We've been in far worse situations before.

1407014720[/url]' post='418195']

How the hell are they all injured. We've hardly played. Same happened last season after the January break we had. Came back worse off than we were before it.

Jeezo we hardly train and when we do we end up with injuries galore. Can't remember a pre season I've felt so pissed off about things for ages.

Again this has to raise serious questions over the training and fitness within the club if we've got injury doubts over so many key players before the season has even started. We looked completely unfit and under prepared against The Icelandic mob and on several occasions last year we were running out of steam by the hour mark in games and for a full time professional club that cannot be right surely .

So summing up then.

We complain that the manager hasn't spoken but we don't like what we hear when he does.

We complain that the manager hasn't looked like signing anyone, but don't like who he's brought in on trial.

We complain that the manger won't play youngsters, but don't like it when it looks like he'll have to play youngsters.

That about right?

• Like 1

1407022672[/url]' post='418202']

I'm not at all happy about the way our very short European adventure went or about our pre season preparations or about our injuries but a sinking ship......come on. Our league campaign hasn't yet started and we haven't kicked a ball in domestic cup competitions yet. We've been in far worse situations before.

Yes I think we are a sinking ship. As the club are never done telling us, the Cup games are massive to us as they bring in much needed revenue and as a result of our recent utter failures in that department we have made significant losses. You can add our latest Euro flop to that aswell. We aren't likely to bring in any new faces for the new season whilst other sides are strengthening their squads and our threadbare squad is already ravaged with injury before the campaign has even begun! You can spin that anyway you want but that is not good. Also, who is running our club? Who's making the 'big decisions' now that Dempster has gone? And why did she bail out? There's a number of questions surrounding our club right now that aren't being answered and that is a concern.

Key point for me is who is running the club in the absence of a Chief Exec.

I gather we will receive an email from Stuart McCall soon enough but it would be nice to hear from the Board to stir morale levels ahead of the new season.

The Well Society have done very little to make the £800k target for November. What direction are we heading in on and off the park?

Not too overly concerned about most of our defenders being injured as these are the same players that allowed a semi-pro team to score 5 goals and allow them to rip us apart at fir park, so maybe it is a good thing that we can now blood in the youngsters who will give a 100% and want to impress. Cant defend any worse than we did against stjarnan

Not too overly concerned about most of our defenders being injured as these are the same players that allowed a semi-pro team to score 5 goals and allow them to rip us apart at fir park, so maybe it is a good thing that we can now blood in the youngsters who will give a 100% and want to impress. Cant defend any worse than we did against stjarnan

You the same Nellies posting on the Ins/Outs thread criticising fans for criticising the club/players etc..... Good stuff....

Yes it is me but I am only critising the fans for the way they react to players that have been linked with us and moan when they haven't kicked a ball for us yet without given a chance so clearly in that post I never critised the fans for their comments about the players we already have. A said were the worst fans when it comes to this type of situation regarding new players. No one is ever good enough to sign for Motherwell. As for the players we have critise all you want because they are getting paid good money to put in a performance as poorly as the stjarnan games.

weve all seen darren barr enough times to know he's shite so its perfectly normal if some fans are moaning about the prospect of him signing and this whole were the worst fans when it comes to this and that is a load of bollocks were not any different from fans of other clubs

weve all seen darren barr enough times to know he's shite so its perfectly normal if some fans are moaning about the prospect of him signing and this whole were the worst fans when it comes to this and that is a load of bollocks were not any different from fans of other clubs

other clubs have better punctuation

Can't wait to see a Motherwell back line of Carswell right back, Cummins & McManus centre backs and who the fuck knows at left back.

1407022672[/url]' post='418202']

Yip Dave we've seen worse things in the past. However, we are now only surviving by the skin of our teeth.The WS is blown out the water and we don,t have a benefactor. We need a buyer quick!S.McCAll has done brilliantly in the league but failed miserably in the money spinning one offs.That has crucified us!

Unless an investor comes in quick, I can see a rapid demise in our fortunes. Hopefully we'll go back to raising our own and develop others like Gary mac, Tom Boyd and the Phil o,Donnelly . Hope I'm way wrong but can't think of any direction other than south.

Back on topic regarding friendly games. Dundee down at Sheffield utd last week, Dundee utd down at Leeds yesterday and Inverness down at Birmingham.

Why the hell cant we get a decent away day against a big English club.

Because i suspect the club thought we would still be in Europe at this point :mellow: