Pre-Season Friendlies

something else

Only real downside was going behind to the early goal. Some strong performances against poor opposition as we look to tune up for the season ahead.

Left thinking the kid Thomas will get crowds off their seats, been a while since I've thought that about one of our prospects. Be interesting to see how his future pans out, given there is no compensation clause like some of the sycophants on here would have you believe. It's felt he needs to develop his defensive side before being considered ready, I'm not sure how Ryan Gauld was coached at United, but, I'd wager defensive duties weren't high on a list of priorities.

• Like 1

Only real downside was going behind to the early goal. Some strong performances against poor opposition as we look to tune up for the season ahead.

Left thinking the kid Thomas will get crowds off their seats, been a while since I've thought that about one of our prospects. Be interesting to see how his future pans out, given there is no compensation clause like some of the sycophants on here would have you believe. It's felt he needs to develop his defensive side before being considered ready, I'm not sure how Ryan Gauld was coached at United, but, I'd wager defensive duties weren't high on a list of priorities.

If he canny track back he'll get strung up by the goolies by the Alan Hansen's on here.

• Like 1

It's felt he needs to develop his defensive side before being considered ready, I'm not sure how Ryan Gauld was coached at United, but, I'd wager defensive duties weren't high on a list of priorities.

I could be talking shite but didn't I read somewhere that Gauld was trained by an independent coach rather than coming through the different youth ranks of an SPFL club? Maybe not, but it would certainly make sense.

He played wide left for the majority of last nights game, and gave their right-back a torrid time....he's got pace, but not as much as Humphrey, looks slight, but wasnt shoved off the ball and took a few hefty challenges in his stride. Looks like a bag of tricks, but I wouldnt say he reminded me of O'Brien....because I'm still trying to forget he ever played for Motherwell.

When he went in behind the strikers, when Erwin went off for the last 10mins, I felt that he didnt get anywhere near the amount of possession he had when he was out on the left, but by that time there had been a string of subs and some of the younger boys were obviously trying to show themselves in a positive light.

What is the issue with O'Brien? He played very well and deservedly got a move down south.

I just never rated him, a one trick pony in my eyes, that flattered to decieve....I also hate watching Motherwell players dive.

He also got right up my nose from the start as being one of these 'Celtic-types' who had pledged their International allegiance to a foreign country rather than the one that had given him his start in life.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how his future pans out, given there is no compensation clause like some of the sycophants on here would have you believe.

You do know the compensation clause info came directly from the Board at a Well Society meeting?

from what i saw of him he is more a playmaker.

He played wide left for the majority of last nights game, and gave their right-back a torrid time....he's got pace, but not as much as Humphrey, looks slight, but wasnt shoved off the ball and took a few hefty challenges in his stride. Looks like a bag of tricks, but I wouldnt say he reminded me of O'Brien....because I'm still trying to forget he ever played for Motherwell.When he went in behind the strikers, when Erwin went off for the last 10mins, I felt that he didnt get anywhere near the amount of possession he had when he was out on the left, but by that time there had been a string of subs and some of the younger boys were obviously trying to show themselves in a positive light.

Cheers. Don't pay an awful lot of attention to the U-20s, so just wondered. Certainly sounds very positive.

O'Brien comparison was simply to differentiate from Humphrey really.

You do know the compensation clause info came directly from the Board at a Well Society meeting?

Nope, why would they? Was this minuted? Not exactly Society business I would have thought... Anyroads, some not singing from the same hymn sheet as Mr McCall said last night 'we'll pay it' to others :umbrage:

I just never rated him, a one trick pony in my eyes, that flattered to decieve....I also hate watching Motherwell players dive.

He also got right up my nose from the start as being one of these 'Celtic-types' who had pledged their International allegiance to a foreign country rather than the one that had given him his start in life.

Catholic?

Wow. CfNn3gU.gif