Pre-Season Friendlies

something else

I wasn’t at the game, however, Fulham are a top league side with a squad budget far in excess of ours. It’s certainly no disgrace to lose 2-0 to an established premiership team.

They got relegated last season. I still agree with you though.

Quite happy with our fitness and sharpness. Howvever, a major concern must be the lack of a recognised strike-force. McHugh failed to impress and what's the script with Josh law....wasn't sure if he was supposed to be playing up front with Sutty 2nd half ? Certainly came back into midfield to get ball far too often and defo not a natural forward .

I wasn't at the game, however, Fulham are a top league side with a squad budget far in excess of ours. It's certainly no disgrace to lose 2-0 to an established premiership team.

how many established premier league players did they have in their team?

Bettinelli; Voser, Burgess, Hutchinson, Stafylidis; Christensen, Parker, David, Roberts; McCormack, Dembele

scott parker.

they obviously have a bigger budget than us but we weren't hugely outclassed. the general fitness level was positive, the keeper and our efforts going forward were the negatives.

Quite happy with our fitness and sharpness. Howvever, a major concern must be the lack of a recognised strike-force. McHugh failed to impress and what's the script with Josh law....wasn't sure if he was supposed to be playing up front with Sutty 2nd half ? Certainly came back into midfield to get ball far too often and defo not a natural forward .

law played right back for alfreton town last season.

When have Motherwell, or anyone else, ever signed anyone "totally random"?

Yes, because I'm sure a good proportion of our fanbase were familiar with Ojamaa, Anier, Twardzik or any of Gannon's signings prior to them joining us.

Perhaps not random in the strict sense of the word, but we do have a habit of finding gems from left field.

I couldn't honestly tell you, however, they are a premiership team and will have a budget to buy decent enough players to compete in that league. In contrast we have a small budget and a team which consists of academy players, loan deals and frees.

scott parker.

they obviously have a bigger budget than us but we weren't hugely outclassed. the general fitness level was positive, the keeper and our efforts going forward were the negatives.

Harsh to say the keeper was a negative considering it was his first game in front of a crowd for months. Aye he made an almighty arse of it but his distribution was great and he pulled off some fantastic stops later in the game. Certainly didn't shy away after his mistake.

Agreed about the efforts going forward though. Plenty of possession around the box but we did struggle to create chances for Sutton. I can see why Mccall is after someone with a bit of pace and mobility.

Yes, because I'm sure a good proportion of our fanbase were familiar with Ojamaa, Anier, Twardzik or any of Gannon's signings prior to them joining us.

Perhaps not random in the strict sense of the word, but we do have a habit of finding gems from left field.

Sorry, just a personal dislike of that phrase. I actually agreed with most of what you wrote earlier.

Harsh to say the keeper was a negative considering it was his first game in front of a crowd for months. Aye he made an almighty arse of it but his distribution was great and he pulled off some fantastic stops later in the game. Certainly didn't shy away after his mistake.

there were two or three or crosses that should have been easy that ended up over the bar. if you have to fly across the goal like superman to save an average shot a lot will go in.

the first goal was a flashback to last season, a free header in the six yard box from a corner. the number one jersey is still free so we might be looking for a keeper.

there were two or three or crosses that should have been easy that ended up over the bar. if you have to fly across the goal like superman to save an average shot a lot will go in.

the first goal was a flashback to last season, a free header in the six yard box from a corner. the number one jersey is still free so we might be looking for a keeper.

[/quote/]

How do you put this clown on ignore?

Goalie made a hash of the second goal. BUT he did many things very well and impressedmost in the ground with his shot stopping, distribution and ability to get off hisgoal line very quickly.

When are you going to understand that if we had any player that was a 100% perfect he would not be at Motherwell.

You are a walloper. End of....

We certainly looked way short of match fitness. Apart from giving the squad some of that, the game didn't tell us much that we didn't know beforehand. We still look very weak at the back, our strikeforce is a cause for concern, at least temporarily, with no one to partner John Sutton. Dom Thomas looked promising when he came on. Probably our best option, maybe the only one, on Thursday evening, is to play Ainsworth up front alongside Sutton. Erwin at a push. Bob McHugh again showed nothing.

The main positive to take from yesterdays' game is that if we're confused then our Icelandic opponents will be even more puzzled.

Imagine the reaction on here if Gunnar had made that howler. He would have been crucified.

Fair comment. I thought Twardzik looked very weak in the air, and made a real lulu for Fulham's second goal. On the plus side he made a string of very good saves and his throwing and kicking was impressive. A mixed performance I'd say. Is he better than Gunnar or not??

Yeah, we're not fit, we've no goalie, our defence is poor, we've one decent striker. I assume our midfield is OK.

Jeez, another season where we'll struggle....oh wait a minute!

U still up? The voice of reason strikes again. Let's wait until Thursday before we get the burning torches & pitchforks oot eh???

Keep the faith folks. U know it makes sense......