Vacancy: Head Of Club Media

underboyleheating

LOL too true - Oh I know what they say - but being successful would mean MJC having to remove his cloak of anonymity.

I am not party to any of their employment backgrounds, however, the skills required were quite specific and you would hope that any applicants would have some background and experience with working within a media environment. If they haven’t I doubt whether they would make the interview stage of the process.

I found a potential loophole that could get me into Australia if I really want to go. I don't though, they're touchy bastards. Seems they got quite upset when my response to the question "have you any criminal convictions?" was "I didn't realise it was still a requirement"

Back on subject though. Is there any candidates that anyone thinks is suited to the job?

paddy%20mcguinness%20jan%202013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess nobody is in place yet (as 'Flow is still conducting the interviews), but all the pre-season and Europa highlights, interviews etc. are available on Official Motherwell FC youtube channel.

Yeah - but the boat I'm on has youtube blocked so I cant watch it :dash2:

youtube - free - Europa highlights and interviews

MFCTV - annual subscription - no Europa coverage

yeah - there's a few ways around about it - but potential reeming from important people onboard for by-passing system.

More just a whinge that they can upload video content to a free website before uploading it to their own pay-to-view website

Cheers anyways bud :cheers:

Aye, I know what you mean. I'm a subscriber too, but only see the updates via (free) MFC Twitter.

• 5 weeks later...

With Flow seemingly still handling the MFC interviews, has the budget for a new Head of Club Media gone? Or, are they just finding it difficult to find a replacement?

The top man at the club carrying out the media interviews - sums up what a shambles we are in....fan ownership, don't seem likely.

The top man at the club carrying out the media interviews - sums up what a shambles we are in....fan ownership, don't seem likely.

Eh? That's normal business practice - if you move on, you cover your old responsibilities until a new person takes over.

From what I heard, they are still looking to find the right person - it's a key job, so no need to rush and get it wrong.

The top man at the club carrying out the media interviews - sums up what a shambles we are in

It could be down to money (lack of) or perhaps the new media person is in place and the website has yet to be updated. I doubt whether Flow can handle both of the jobs on a permanent basis, however, in these cash strapped times maybe he has no option.

I'm sure it's just a case of the finding the right candidate rather than the role being pulled.

I am sure that is the case Andy, however, if my memory serves me correct the job description seemed pretty tough, and filling it might not be that easy. At the time I wondered if the financial incentive was there to lure someone to take up the position. In saying that, I don't remember a salary scale being mentioned on the ad, and for all I know we may well be able to pay the going rate for the right person. There is a good chance that they will be able to find a Media graduate who is willing to accept a slightly lower wage (18K?) to get on the employment ladder. However, I suspect candidates with more experience will be expecting anything upwards of 23K a year to take the job.

Edit: The job details are still on the official site and the closing date for applications was 12 June.