Iceland Roll Call

WilliePettigrew

Flights and hotel booked, Welcome Break card identified to go for wee jaunts while in Iceland.

What are people doing for match tickets?

Well I'm kinda waiting for some sort of announcement, I'm really hoping the game is moved.

Their stadium only holds 1000(Bangor took 80, pretty sure we'll have more than that).

Saw a rumour it may be moved to the National Stadium in Reykjavik but I suspect at 1500 that would be too big.

There is a 4000 all seater in Keflavic so that mught be a possibility.

does anyone actually know if the game will be moved to Reykjavik?

:secret: They're non committal on amount... They've said NO* one who wants to go will miss out so that's all that matters ;)

*provided you've travelled and not those who are part timers can't go for varying reasons

That's me and my mate booked up - Down to Bristol Wednesday night then on to Reykjavik on Thursday morning - back to Edinburgh Sunday night - staying at the Hotel Smari.

Say hello as I'm doing the exact same thing. Going to Bristol Wednesday afternoon to get as much sleep as possible before the crazy timed flight to Iceland.

3 of us heading to Iceland :-D

Although while 2 of us fly out from Manchester at 7AM on the Thursday 1 of my mates can't get Thursday off work so is flying out on the 5PM flight from Edinburgh, gets in 40 minutes before kick off! He will be lucky to see the 2nd half!!

Then we are going out to get completely pished in Reykjavik till 4AM and go straight to the airport for our morning flight back! Will be the shortest 'holiday' ever for him, less than 12 hours!

Considering the ticket situation now thats a sore one for your mate.

I suspect that everyone will manage to see the game.

They will, but the question is where. Icelandic sports bar telly? :( Due to them still having a good chance of a upset they will take all their allocated tickets. If we had won the game comfortably on Thursday there would have been no problem in accommodating 350-400 Well fans. However, now that the game is in the balance I am not so sure.

is it really going to be 300?

General Manager Alan Burrows said: "We advised Stjarnan eight days ago that we expected approximately 300 / 400 Motherwell fans to make the trip to Iceland and asked for as many tickets as possible.

"Frustratingly, the Samsung völlurinn holds just 1000 people meaning our allocation is small with UEFA rules stipulating a minimum of 5% (fifty tickets).

300/400 was the amount estimated by the club, however I am not sure how they reached that figure.

As I don't arrive until Thursday afternoon I'll be watching from behind the goal outside the stadium.

I have only a slightly better chance of a ticket as I arrive 8.30 am Thursday. Be straight to the stadium to see if any left. When I called the ticket office on Friday to enquire about tickets I was told the Icelanders offered 160. No idea what had changed. I assume you can only but one ticket? I know it's not motherwells fault but there will be fans miss out on a ticket that have not missed a match in ages, just because they arrive a bit early. Not exactly rewarding loyalty

1405843284[/url]' post='416752']

I have only a slightly better chance of a ticket as I arrive 8.30 am Thursday. Be straight to the stadium to see if any left. When I called the ticket office on Friday to enquire about tickets I was told the Icelanders offered 160. No idea what had changed. I assume you can only but one ticket? I know it's not motherwells fault but there will be fans miss out on a ticket that have not missed a match in ages, just because they arrive a bit early. Not exactly rewarding loyalty

Same flight as yourself and some others. As mentioned previously, had planned to visit the Blue Lagoon before heading onto Reykjavik in early afternoon. Looking likely to miss out on both fronts.

Tonight Matthew! I plan to don club colours, full kit and mingle when the official party get off their coach and gain entry - Well, it works for Bob McHugh...

• Like 3