Corteo Motherwell

Bop

I'm really not sure what the problem is here... Corteo is Italian for procession so there is a logical link to the name.

Not really my cup of tea, but then the simple solution is to just not get involved. Nobody is forcing anyone to join and nobody will get a hard time if they avoid it.

Good luck to those organising it...

• Like 1

Good luck guys, hoping you get a great turnout both the corteo and down your part of the ground.

I enjoyed watching you head off to the ground last season and in conjunction with the Electric Bar decking itself out in claret and amber made for a fine pre-match spectacle.

Some may scoff but I know but one example of the positive impact your colour and noise has is that a bloke in work (who usually sit in the Cooper with his 2 urchins) have got East Stand tickets and will be heading down to the Electric so they can be a part of the colour and atmosphere.

More power to you!

• Like 3

Don't think this thread has gone quite the way OP hoped.

I'm hardly surprised. I'm sure those who are interested will come and join in whole those that aren't will not. If this thread has alerted even one person who would like to get involved then its served its purpose.

My god Motherwell fans depress me.

An attempt by the folks doing all they can to make this game a spectacle and a different experience to your run of the mill mundane SPFL fixture, and instead of a positive reaction folk are questioning the bloody name of it. One poster above correctly highlights the origins of the word "coreto" and the Italian background, however in World football it is no longer exclusively Italian. In fact most if not all 'processions' across the continent are referred to as a corteo.

Excuse the attempt to bring something that bit different. 'The Motherwell Walk', fantastic.

• Like 4

You mean to say Cirque du Soleil aren't performing at the Electric Bar?

Or are you embarrassed at your attempts to avoid using the term 'walk'?

That genuinely didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it, I'd never considered avoiding the use of the term "walk". That fact that is the first thing that came to mind says more about you than it does the organisers of the event. Its a bit of fun, no one is forcing you to get involved.

My god Motherwell fans depress me.

An attempt by the folks doing all they can to make this game a spectacle and a different experience to your run of the mill mundane SPFL fixture, and instead of a positive reaction folk are questioning the bloody name of it. One poster above correctly highlights the origins of the word "coreto" and the Italian background, however in World football it is no longer exclusively Italian. In fact most if not all 'processions' across the continent are referred to as a corteo.

Excuse the attempt to bring something that bit different. 'The Motherwell Walk', fantastic.

You'll always have one or two who criticise everything, by and large the wider support enjoy it and give great support.

Good luck guys, hoping you get a great turnout both the corteo and down your part of the ground.

I enjoyed watching you head off to the ground last season and in conjunction with the Electric Bar decking itself out in claret and amber made for a fine pre-match spectacle.

Some may scoff but I know but one example of the positive impact your colour and noise has is that a bloke in work (who usually sit in the Cooper with his 2 urchins) have got East Stand tickets and will be heading down to the Electric so they can be a part of the colour and atmosphere.

More power to you!

Well said Andy, anything that adds atmosphere to the night is very welcome. Good luck to all involved. thumbup.gif

I'm hardly surprised. I'm sure those who are interested will come and join in whole those that aren't will not. If this thread has alerted even one person who would like to get involved then its served its purpose.

It's served it's purpose then since I probably wouldn't have known but for this thread. ^_^

• Like 1