Celtic Game

Wellfan1984

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see a reaction from the players and get a result but Celtic have been getting pelters recently as well and have had all week to think about the game.

I'd love to see an end to end goals galore game that maybe brings Scottis fitba back out the gutter but I expect a professional performance from Celtic where they will run out comfortable winners.

Wont be surprised if McGhee goes 451 and I dont think I'd be totally against the idea. Neverhteless, the Celtic defence is gash and I hope we get in about them.

'Mon the 'Well. Keep the season alive.

So the heart says 3-2 'Well.

I'd go with

Buzz, Saunders,Craggs, Reynolds,Hammell and Klimpl

the boss will have to earn his bucks to pick a suitable midfield/attack

Celtic recent results this year have been midtable form at best so nobody mention the AA :unsure:

Drew 0-0 with rangers

Won 2-1 Queens Park

Drew 0-0 ICT

Drew 0-0 D.Utd (won thru on nalties)

Won 3-1 Hibs

Lost 4-2 Aberdeen

Won 2-1 Dundee

Drew 2-2 D.Utd

have we got the players to do what Aberdeen done to them? what was it 3 goals from set pieces into the box

I'd say the 5 at the back but definately worth a pop at them

I hope we win...

my we newphew is 3 on Sunday and happens to be the mascott - just imagine a home win against Celtic as your first game, where it was also your birthday and you were the mascott...

mind you, he is a wee bit young to mind if it all goes to plan!!

Seriously though....My heart says 2-1 'Well, my head say 3-0 Celtic.

if, & it,s a big if, we can play with ambition & show some interest in the game on sunday we may sneak a draw otherwise we will have the usual crowing from the tic at f.t. the one,s that are still there & not left early. onwards & upwards motherwell you owe us a good game

after a reality check, a good hard boot in the stones, and a decent pep talk from McGhee, I actually think that there might just be a good result waiting for us on Sunday !! :P:O

IF the squad we have is back on their game, coupled with the ploughed field that we're used to :P , then I think we might just give the Phuddle Dhrinkers a much tougher game than they think !!

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and go for 1-0 to the mighty 'Well with the goal being supplied by M. Fitzpatrick :O

Mibbe, just mibbe that would get some of the "Fitzy Bashers" off his back for a wee while ???

'mon the Well

I honestly think we can take a draw here, maybe 2-2 with Clarky and Sutton supplying the goods. I'm not really struck on the idea of O'Brien on the left though. I would stick with Fitzpatrick on the left, and put Jim back on the right. Apart from that, theres not really much we can change, with the back 4 picking itself every game. Would love Klimpl to fuck McDonald into the stand :P

C'mon the 'Well :rolleyes:

-----------------Smith----------------

Saunders----Craigan-------Reynolds-----------Hammell

--------------------Kilmpl----Lasley-----------------------

--------------------------Hughes

-----------Clarkson--------Sutton-------------Murphy

2-2 me thinks, just on a side note, where is Steve McGarry these days? is he an announced criple or have I missed something?

What does everyone seem to have against Quinn. He's probably the best natural defender we have and is no worse going forward than Hammell.

-----------------Buzz

Quinn - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

----------------Klimpl

-- O'Brien-----Lasley------Fitzy

----------Sutton---Clarkson

THeir results have been patchy at best especially away. Its important we keep them out for the first thirty mins or so - do that I think we can snatch something, lose an early one I think they'll win 2 or 3 nil. However my prediction is going to be 1-1 with a late Motherwell leveller.

Quinn brings hee haw to our team, he cannot pass a ball cross the ball or throw the ball.

I would give Saunders a run in the team at right back.

Mcghee will not play him though he will stick with Quinn (not at right midfield hopefully

that was yet another tactical nightmare from our leader).

After the disaster that was the St Mirren game

(where the tactics in the first game helped put us out the cup), we need to change it.

This is the team I would like to see.

Smith

Saunders Craigan Malcolm Reynolds

O'Brien Klimpl Hughes Hammell

Sutton Clarkson

Malcolm is at centre half to allow Reynolds to move to left back which in turn lets Hammell push up to left mid where he would be very effective and give the team what it is missing

we have no balance Fitzpatrick has no confidence and has the same problems as Quinn

Would change Clarkson for Murphy after an hour and use his pace against the mhanky defence.