Celtic Game

Wellfan1984

I don't think its the time for knee-jerk reactions to one bad showing in ten games. I think we'll see minimal changes with most of Thursday's team given the chance to make amends. I expect Sutty to start up front with Dazzler brought back to fit it to the 4-4-2 we need to play at Fir Park.

For me any result is possible, cos they aint any great shakes themselves. A draw would be just fine but we are capable of winning too. Prediction? 1-1.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always seem to pull off a result when it is not expected so hopefully the same will happen on sunday.I'll go for 2-1 well' Sutton and O'Brien will score let's get in about this shiteeee. I can't see a draw, i think it's either a motherwell win by one goal or a total pumping ;)

We can't start Darren Smith against Celtic in a midfield 4 and expect to get anything other than a heavy defeat.

Smith

Quinn Craigan Reynolds Hammell

O Brien Hughes Klimpl Fizzy

Clarkson Sutton

So what we can start Fitzpatrick? get a grip if anythin smith is a better natural player than fitzpatrick is, maybe the wrong side of the park right enough :P

Smith?? Better than Fitzpatrick!? Dead on.

Anyroads, my team would be..

Smith

Quinn (providing he isn't suspended)

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

O'Brien

Hughes

Klimpl

Fizzy

Clarkson

Sutton

We'll battle away, and play really well, but I think Celtic will have just too much for us. 2-0 to the away side :P

Quinn brings hee haw to our team, he cannot pass a ball cross the ball or throw the ball.

Malcolm is at centre half to allow Reynolds to move to left back which in turn lets Hammell push up to left mid where he would be very effective and give the team what it is missing

we have no balance Fitzpatrick has no confidence and has the same problems as Quinn

Would change Clarkson for Murphy after an hour and use his pace against the mhanky defence.

I'll take that with a pinch of salt then.

I don't think we'll ever ave a better chance of beating Celtic than we do now, they have not been playing well of late and have been grinding out results at best.

We had a big say in the destination of the title last season with the 0-0 at home against Rangers, maybe we're destined to impact the race again this season.

We can do this it every bit a important to us as it is to them , a win or a draw would push us clear in 6th place

I made quite a long post about this game in the "Is the season over?" thread, i was forgetting Quinns suspension. My team would be..

Smith

Lasley Reynolds Craigan Hammell

O'Brien Malcolm Klimpl Fitzpatrick

Clarkson (maybe Murphy) Sutton

I made quite a long post about this game in the "Is the season over?" thread, i was forgetting Quinns suspension. My team would be..

Smith

Lasley Reynolds Craigan Hammell

O'Brien Malcolm Klimpl Fitzpatrick

Clarkson (maybe Murphy) Sutton

Aye Quinns suspension that starts after this game.

I personally don't see that Celtic are there for the taking.

I get myself tied in knots sometimes thinking about the law of averages and probability. Like in the run up to the other night I'm thinking the longer we go undefeated the more likely the next game will result in a defeat. And if St Mirren haven't won at their new place with each passing game a win for them becomes more likely. End result I'm fearing defeat.

And using that outlook in my twisted little mind the longer that Celtic's "dodgy" spell goes on the more likely they are to break it and scud someone.

But you never know. We've managed to raise our game generally quite well against the Old Firm at Fir Park since McGhee came. They've got a wee bit extra pressure on them now with Rangers ahead of them, and if we were to get an early goal, with our pitch a ready made excuse for them it then becomes a bit of a test of their character.

I don't see much in the way of changes from midweek. I think it'll be Sutton in for Sheridan and otherwise the same as who started in Paisley.

We've had a few results go our way the last couple of weekends, would be great again if we could capitalise on it again tomorrow with a wee sneaky point.

Fingers crossed.

Since the start of 2009, we have only lost 1 game of nine. In the process we have only conceded 4 goals, whereas in the last 9 games of 2008, we lost 15 goals, so we are pretty tight at the back and not letting in too many goals. Far too often we allow the old squirm to score early, so I think if we can get to half time 0-0 or 1 goal up, then we have a good chance of sneaking a wee win. Its been long overdue a home win against Celtic, so fingers crossed for tomorrow.DC to pop up and score the winner 4 minutes into injury time. :P

With regards to Sheridan, McGhee has said:

"There is a danger for Celtic that because he won't play, it'll be a stuffier game," McGhee said. "We will probably go with just David Clarkson up front, get behind the ball and make it as difficult as we can for Celtic. If Sheridan was playing we'd play two up front and go and try and win it. We're not going to start bleating about it now. We'll beat them without him."

John Sutton of 2009 must be awful.

Was originally looking forward to today, but reading that has pissed me off (though probably no where near how much it will have rightly pissed Sutton off). Looks like we'll be going one up front today and when it all goes tits up, we'll all hear from McGhee about how it was actually a cunningly disguised 4-3-3.

Anyway, with that bit of team news I reckon the team will be:

Smith

Quinn --- Reynolds --- Craigan --- Hammell

Klimpl

O'Brien --- Hughes --- Lasley --- Fitzpatrick

Clarkson

If we went with two up front I could see us snatching a draw, but with one up we'll fail to score and end up losing about 3-0 IMO.

Although if I'm having to come home and admit I was wrong I will obviously be delighted!

Same team as Jay if it's going by what McGhee's saying with the 4-5-1. My preferred team would be:

Buzz

Coach Reynolds Craggs Hammell

O'Brien Shug Klimp Fitzy

Clarky Sutton

I reckon we'll get beat today, although only just. 2-1 Celtic but hope I'm wrong!

Mon the Well!!!