Celtic Game

Wellfan1984

Was on the way back from Manchester today and had to listen to the game on the radio, could only pick it up just as they scored. Was ironically turning off the M74 at the Hamilton turn-off when Coach rattled us level, car at that point weaved a little as I rattled on the horn and punched the air to excess!! Superb point, good reply to Thursday night, and getting top six after not so long ago it looking near impossible was even better!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laughed at Ginger's comments today. If they'd taken all their chances. Aye, and if yer Granny had baws...

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan:

"I couldn't see Motherwell scoring today. They tried hard but didn't have a shot on target apart from the goal.

"We were playing well at the time they scored. At this moment we're not scoring enough goals.

"If we'd have taken half our chances today it could've been 5-0.

"We had about four or five opportunities in the first half. We need to start scoring goals and that will make it easier for us to retain the league. "If we don't score goals then it's going to be a problem as we saw today."

Im pleased with the result but disappointed with some of our 'fans' choice of songs today.

Give it a rest. Just realised that you felt so strongly about this that you had to start your very own thread.

We just got a point against a bunch of filthy diving cheats and a biased referee after coming from a goal down and you still find something to moan about.

Away and get a life and maybe even a ride.

Good to see those tossers with their heads in their hands again. :thumbup: What is it with them? Tri colours , Polish flags,Palistinian flags.... they'll support any c**t bar their own country!GIRFUY As for singing again about Davie Cooper dying.. i hope they lose the league by the two points dropped today. FUCKIN ROON YEEZ!!!

Laughed at Ginger's comments today. If they'd taken all their chances. Aye, and if yer Granny had baws...

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan:

"I couldn't see Motherwell scoring today. They tried hard but didn't have a shot on target apart from the goal.

"We were playing well at the time they scored. At this moment we're not scoring enough goals.

"If we'd have taken half our chances today it could've been 5-0.

"We had about four or five opportunities in the first half. We need to start scoring goals and that will make it easier for us to retain the league. "If we don't score goals then it's going to be a problem as we saw today."

Don't know why you're laughing at that. Its exactly how I saw it.

We played well from back to middle but as with every other friggin game we don't create enough chances but at least today we took the one we did create.

Plenty to talk about today and I was pleased with the draw. Celtic certainly had far more pressure but didn't really test Graeme Smith and although the media made much of our one effort on target Celtic couldn't muster much more.

I thought we gave Celtic too much respect and despite what the official formation was I thought it more a 4-4-1-1. Too often Sutton was asked to plough a lone furrow up front with Clarky playing too deep. The midfield too sat very deep at times and were guilty of not supporting the front men. Still we mustn't be too critical.

Ian Brines? Although he wasn't required to make any major calls, thank goodness, he gave us very little and was rightly jeered off the pitch at half & full time.

I thought Quinn, Klimpl and O'Brien were our best players but Paul Quinn was my MOTM not just for his goal and celebrations but also because of his general defending and runs. What about that second half tackle on McGeady!!

Radio Scotland coverage was absolutely appalling. Richard Johnson, Murdo McLeod & Chick Young seemed most put out that we had stopped Celtic. For a good 15 minutes after the game they ranted on about Celtic without mentioning who their opponents were.

Most stupid and completley pointless comment of the day was the match commentator who reported that Coach had scored today and also scored against Rangers in December 2007! He completely failed to mention other goals Coach has scored. And your point is caller?

All in all a reasonable day and the result pushes us into the top six. Good choice of music too bigwink.gif

THeir results have been patchy at best especially away. Its important we keep them out for the first thirty mins or so - do that I think we can snatch something, lose an early one I think they'll win 2 or 3 nil. However my prediction is going to be 1-1 with a late Motherwell leveller.

Wish I'd bet that!

I thought we gave Celtic too much respect and despite what the official formation was I thought it more a 4-4-1-1. Too often Sutton was asked to plough a lone furrow up front with Clarky playing too deep. The midfield too sat very deep at times and were guilty of not supporting the front men. Still we mustn't be too critical.

Thats actually a very interesting point. We seem to have been getting deeper in the last few weeks and I think it is Klimpl that influences that because we have the ball winner further back. Also the strikers are coming back more at set plays and to be fair we are losing a lot less silly goals from them. We haven't lost two in a game this year which considering the goals we were losing in November and December is unbelievable. I think McGhee has done a remarkbale job there over the last few weeks and I think the defensive players have more confidence due to the team being deeper - the pace of O'Brien means we can do that and not lose an attacking outlet either.

"Today must be compensation from the disappointment of going out the cup. The fans were different class.

Delighted by this quote from wee Mutley. Thought our fans today were a different class, constantly behind the boys and made it a cracking atmosphere. Well Done Well!

I'm usually the one to stick up for Quinn and today just goes to show the extent of bandwagon jumping. Until 20 minutes to go he was all over the place. Murphy came on and he had to play more defensively which helped his game.

O'Brien, Outstanding. Kilmpl, well... he made Scott Brown flinch :thumbup:.

Hughes was a marked improvement today.

Hughes was like a man possessed at times, hope he can keep that level of performance next weekend onwards. Just delighted for the point as a reward for the effort put in by all in c & a.

If Thursday's was the performance we're subjected to on a bowling green surface, give me the Somme no man's land any day. :thumbup:

Really enjoyed the game today and thought the whole team played well together. They all got stuck in and it certainly paid off. O'Brien was fantastic today - getting better every week. Man of the match for me. I also thought Klimpl didn't play as well as he has done previously, still did well protecting the back 4.

Great goal celebration and good to hear the fans getting behind the team, especially after the Celtic goal, rather than booing etc. Think that will have lifted the boys a bit too.

Well deserved point today. Bring on next week!!

Mon the 'Well!

Did well today and a point was fair result I thought despite what the stats say. Despite being someone when on the park you love to hate, I thought Brown's bit of skill which nearly led to a winner for Celtic was different class. Have to say he know looks head and shoulders(Nakamura apart ability wise) above any player currently on the books at Celtic Park. McGeady is just a Dutch wumin keeper aswell, overrated pish

<br />Did well today and a point was fair result I thought despite what the stats say. Despite being someone when on the park you love to hate, I thought Brown's bit of skill which nearly led to a winner for Celtic was different class. Have to say he know looks head and shoulders(Nakamura apart ability wise) above any player currently on the books at Celtic Park. McGeady is just a Dutch wumin keeper aswell, overrated pish<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Would agree with you mate. As much as Brown can get under your skin he is a terriffic footballer. Celtic would be in a right mess without him.

From a Scotland perspective, it's great to see him back on form this season.

Thought we played really well yesterday, can't believe all the shite about us not deserving anything from the media and smeltic fans.

O'Brien was brilliant, as was Reynolds, Buzz, Quinn, Klimpl and Hughes. A special mention though to Fizzy who was magic.

Well done all round.

I thought evryone in a C&A jersey did well yesterday. To me there were no bad performances.

Thought Fizzy was much improved and had maybe his best game for a few months. Thought O'Brien was great never gave either fullback a rest and had to be on his toes as never knew what way the ball would come off the pitch. Klimpl must be signed on a long term deal, twice in 2nd half he burst forward in front of the POD stand and pushed 2 or 3 aside easily. Even though Klimps is our hard man I thought it was fantastic when Hughes went head to head with Scott Brown in first half just to say 'we don't care who you are!'

Special mention for Sutton also, I think it was asking a lot of him after 2 to 3 weeks on the bench to come in and play a full game often on his own up-front. His fitness was lacking but he never stopped running and never gave up.