Celtic Game

Wellfan1984

Thought the whole team put in a good shift yesterday, especially O'Brien, Klimpl and Shuggie. A point was probably a fair result, although I thought we were the much better side in the first hald.

As someone who is usually critical of Fizzy, I just want to hold my hands up and say he put in a fine perfomance and I hope he can maintain it and ultimately prove me, and many of the other Dossers on here, wrong.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen us play better against either side of the Old Firm and not get anything so I'm delighted with the point. Over the course Celtic looked slightly the better team but I thought the draw was a fair result with players on both sides getting rewarded for their effort. The fact Celtic rolled into town with their usual arrogance and were sent home without getting things enitrely their own way and are now making feeble excuses about our pitch makes me all the more happier.

Just watched the highlights there...

What about Clarky absolutely ripping Hinkel!!! :D:P:lol:

Never saw it on Sunday as I sit nearer the other end of the East, but was a joy to watch there. While he does have a horrific first touch, every now and then the wee man pulls out a moment of absolute brilliance!!

Quality!

:thumbup::woop::whistling::cheers:

Like everyone else I'm delighted to get a point and keep our unbeaten league run going.

Strachan was talking wind and piss when he said if Celtic had taken half their chances they'd have won 5-0. Celtic only had two real clear cut openings - McDonald's shot and Hesselink's header in the first half - admittedly both should have scored. I certainly felt we matched Celtic for effort and commitment for the entire game and for this alone I thought we merited a draw.

However, there is no hiding from the fact that we are well short in the midfield area. Not for the first time recently, our midfielders failed to get beyond our strikers and although we drew, for us as being the home side and not to force the away keeper to make a single save is very worrying and unacceptable.

I was most upset at J O'B accepting a draw and wasting time after Boruc sliced a clearance. He could have taken a quick throw and maybe won all 3 points as Boruc was trying to get back to his box. Yes it's good to come back as we did but it would have been better to totally stuff them like that. :O