Where Do We Go From Here?

MelvinBragg

Is it any of our business?

I was merely curious, as some people fit certain roles, similar to footballers who are only comfortable playing in certain positions. Without doubt Flow was the Messi of Scottish Club Media (the numerous awards are testament to that) and I suspect he is still adjusting to his new role. If he is having to do this, and his old role as well, that can only make it harder for him.

I don't think Flow's role is the same as Ms Dempster's.

No, I don't think it is either - I'm sure a number of the other directors have assumed some of Leann's responsibilities. But I think we are inevitably missing her leadership during this rough patch.

• Like 1

Dundee Utd are sitting top of the league right now and they had 5 players on Saturday brought in from the lower Scottish leagues.

It's our scouting that is rotten rather than the leagues were are bringing in players from. If anything we should be bringing in more players from those kind of areas and paying them less so we have a larger squad to pick from instead of paying players like McManus a pretty penny for bog standard displays.

Let's face it, the standard between the top and lower leagues has never been smaller so it's a market we should be looking at much more than have done rather than bringing in expensive loan deals from England.

As for slating players, if one guy is exempt it's Stevie Hammell? Not sure how you can say he has gone into "chronic decline" when he hasn't played since July.

the players they have brought in from the lower leagues have been young players other than paton and erskine. paton was brought in to play a role in their 4-2-3-1 and erskine was unpopular with the fans and has took a while to settle. it should be guys in their early 20s we are looking at from the lower leagues.

i agree about mcmanus, he offers no value and it's gutting we've got him signed up for another season.

hammell was hardly injured for a decade, now he's getting up near 600 games it seems like his body is letting him down more and more.

1412019752[/url]' post='422165']

i agree about mcmanus, he offers no value and it's gutting we've got him signed up for another season.

I'd only play him as the total last resort regardless of wages. At present we don't look like scoring in a brothel, the last thing we need is a defender that any attacker in the spl can beat for pace. People can talk about experience all they want but the guys legs are a liability.

I was merely curious, as some people fit certain roles, similar to footballers who are only comfortable playing in certain positions. Without doubt Flow was the Messi of Scottish Club Media (the numerous awards are testament to that) and I suspect he is still adjusting to his new role. If he is having to do this, and his old role as well, that can only make it harder for him.

And how will his workload affect the dross on the pitch with essentially the same guys who finished 2nd last year.

I'm all for pointing fingers and shining a light, but his role, competency and delivery isn't the issue (and has no tangible link I can see) to what is on the park at present.

the players they have brought in from the lower leagues have been young players other than paton and erskine. paton was brought in to play a role in their 4-2-3-1 and erskine was unpopular with the fans and has took a while to settle.

So you're advocating giving people a bit of time to settle in and holding off the pelters? .........

Safe to say if you were an Arab, first sign of below par and you would have been the first sticking the knife in as you've done with half our current team.

there is no point in blaming burrows.

Just for the record, I'm not "blaming" Burrows, I'm merely saying that I don't think that bringing someone from his previous position to carry out the role he currently fills is a great idea in my opinion.

Of course his appointment hasn't been the reason for our current situation, I don't think anyone would claim it was.

I really don't see what influence Flow has on the team performance, if we were doing well would we be saying how great he is doing, I don't think anybody else in his position would make a difference to the dreadful performances we have saw, if we are all honest it's been coming let's hope it a kick up the arse we are needing

Do you not think there is a hint of hypocrisy that McCall has his job questions multiple times, yet Burrows is defended?

I apologise to 'Flow if this is incorrect, but I don't think his role has any direct influence on the playing side of the club or indeed the management team.

The inference in a couple of these posts seems to be that he should be sacking McCall or questioning his performance - I'm not sure that's his call!

I think if Willy McRandom had been appointed General Manager nobody would have thought a thing of it, or questioned what they were doing or how.

Because a lot of us know Alan personally, or consider him "one of us", he's apparently open to criticism.

I'm sure he's good at what he does, and a lot of the more personal abuse is based on jealousy. (I know I'm envious of him myself, I'd love to do his old job or new one)

Give the guy a break, it's nothing to do with him that Zaine Francis Angol has no football intelligence, Sutton and McManus run like they're pulling caravans or ainsworth is better at hiding than Osama Bin Laden.

The issues at the club have got absolutley nothing to do with Flow - IS he not just managing the day to day running of the club, working on bringing in extra income etc?

This has nothing at all to do with the players or management.

Our issues stem from:

A - Making no money on transfers

B - Signing up players on extended contracts and not having any money left to sign new and better players

C - Very little competition for places

D - Other teams have improved and increased their playing squad. We have remained the same and lost players

And all of the above go right back to finances - of which we have none.

And how will his workload affect the dross on the pitch

It won’t, my only concern was for the amount of work that Flow is probably having to do behind the scenes. ‘The dross on the pitch’ as you put it, is down to a combination of the manager, coaching staff and the players. In my opinion Flow is one of the few employees who is free of criticism (from me anyway) at this present time. The playing side of our club are going through a sticky patch at the moment and hopefully we can sort it out with the resources that we have at our disposal.

1412069681[/url]' post='422183']

The issues at the club have got absolutley nothing to do with Flow - IS he not just managing the day to day running of the club, working on bringing in extra income etc?

This has nothing at all to do with the players or management.

Our issues stem from:

A - Making no money on transfers

B - Signing up players on extended contracts and not having any money left to sign new and better players

C - Very little competition for places

D - Other teams have improved and increased their playing squad. We have remained the same and lost players

And all of the above go right back to finances - of which we have none.

You'd spot on, particularly point A. The number of decent players we've lost the past few seasons compared to fees paid to us is staggering. Other clubs manage to get fees, particularly Dundee United. Letting good players contracts run out even at the top end of football is seen as unacceptable.

Whatever changes are afoot, we need to try and facilitate longer term thinking in terms of contract extensions and player recruitment backed by modest but secure financial planning.

In recent seasons, we've had to wait until a player is in the last few weeks of their contract before we know our budget for the next season and offer a deal.

And if we're waiting until May to resign established players like Lasley and Hammell, what chance have we got of snapping up young prospects ahead of competing clubs.