Where Do We Go From Here?

MelvinBragg

The issues at the club have got absolutley nothing to do with Flow - IS he not just managing the day to day running of the club, working on bringing in extra income etc?

This has nothing at all to do with the players or management.

Our issues stem from:

A - Making no money on transfers

B - Signing up players on extended contracts and not having any money left to sign new and better players

C - Very little competition for places

D - Other teams have improved and increased their playing squad. We have remained the same and lost players

And all of the above go right back to finances - of which we have none.

I disagree with point D.

That might have been the case in previous seasons but most clubs are running with first team squads of about 20-21 outfield players, same as us.

The only teams in the league with a bigger playing squad are Celtic, Dundee and Ross County and only Celtic have a significantly larger squad and even then they have moved a few out recently on loan (Balde, Pukki, McGeouch, Toshney, Irvine etc.).

For years now we have .......wait fir it....punched above our weight.

Well this season so far we are punching well below it. I would imagine we have a bigger playing budget than all teams bar Aberdeen, Celtic, United and possibly one other.

Something is clearly not working. We will be playng in the bottom 6 this season and we will probably be in a relegation fight. Not sure we would survive relegation

Time for Derek Weir to step up to the plate and tells us was what is going on at present and detailing the Boards' vision for the club.

I was never fond of Dempster but in her favour she engaged with the fans and she kicked balls that needed kicking. From the outside there seems to be a distinct lack of responsibility and accountability throughout the club. Friendly farce and Season Ticket malaise being two examples of this.

• Like 3

The entire club needs overhauled starting with the manager because we are in free fall under him and are paying the price for his one dimensional approach resulting in his failure to cope with losing a player or two to injury and also for his poor transfer performances in the last two summers and his non youth policy. Unless something changes at dugout level then we will be relegated this season because we have an unfit squad devoid of confidence and a manager who has no answer to it.

It doesn't help of course that McCall will be abandoning his club and players next week for a wee jolly with Scotland at a time when he should be pulling out all the stops to arrest this rotten run of form at Fir Park but that's another story.

There's NO WAY McCall can go away on International duty now considering the SHITE we're in. He should also be getting a new coach in and punting Black. This is now serious and he needs to make serious decisions we're in a relegation battle now and if we go down.... :(:doh: It's the same players who finished 2nd last year and this term we're absolutely pish awfull. He has a small window of opportunity to put things better with hard work on the training field and he needs to oversee it. DONT RELY ON BLACK HE'S HOPELESS!! :( . McCall im sure will be offski at the end of the season but if he has our relegation on his cv then his career is fecked as is Motherwell's future. TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!! If we dont improve after the break he has to go. :huh:

I think if McCall doesn't get a result out if Dundee, Aberdeen and St Johnstone then his position would be virtually untenable.

However, I worry about McCall going just now. Unless there is something going on in the background regarding fresh investment and/or takeover I think we'll be struggling for candidates.

There's NO WAY McCall can go away on International duty now considering the SHITE we're in. He should also be getting a new coach in and punting Black. This is now serious and he needs to make serious decisions we're in a relegation battle now and if we go down.... :(:doh: It's the same players who finished 2nd last year and this term we're absolutely pish awfull. He has a small window of opportunity to put things better with hard work on the training field and he needs to oversee it. DONT RELY ON BLACK HE'S HOPELESS!! :( . McCall im sure will be offski at the end of the season but if he has our relegation on his cv then his career is fecked as is Motherwell's future. TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!! If we dont improve after the break he has to go. :huh:

How do you know that Black's hopeless?

It's the same management team that finished 2nd last year as well.

Do not have a problem with the manager going off on Scotland duty. The break might do him good.Seeing as very few of our squad will be involved I would give them a couple of days off to think about things. Get them back in on Thursday and do nothing but serious fitness for a week. We need to get back to basics and a fit team is just the start. If the players don't like it, tough.The next few games should be played with a view to pick up whatever we can. Simple four four two, hard to break down and fighting hard for every scrap. This season is now about retaining our premiership place. We have to earn that and only hard work and organisation are available to us in trying to achieve this end.

• Like 1

_78015045_10296997.jpg

Motherwell: Stuart McCall frustrated by slump

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall accepts that his side are in a slump following their 3-1 defeat by Partick Thistle.

The Lanarkshire side have won only won two of their nine Premiership matches this season, although McCall is hopeful they can mount a recovery.

"We need a result to turn for us," said McCall.

"We are where we deserve to be right now. We've just got to dig in, dig deep, have belief in each other and stick together."

Thistle's goals from Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan and Stephen O'Donnell compounded Motherwell's miserable start to the season, even though Lionel Ainsworth crashed in a 30-yard rocket for the visitors.

"Work-wise, organisation-wise, we just need people to step up to the plate"

Stuart McCallMotherwell managerThe Steelmen are now languishing in second-bottom spot in the table after their second league defeat in succession, but McCall insists it is not down to a a drop in ambition from his players.

"When things aren't going well, they're not going well," said McCall.

"I don't think it was lack of effort or desire. We got done on a counter-attack goal and it gave them a lead.

"I think when you're in a run like we are, you need to get the first goal, and we didn't do that.

"We believed at half time we could come out and win the game - we got back in it, and we put corners in and forced pressure.

"The crowd were behind us - but it was lack of communication, lack of organisation."

McCall also praised the club's fans for their continued support and insisted he was doing everything he could to turn the fortunes on the pitch around and reward their loyalty.

"We got good backing again today. All I can say is rest assured, we're doing everything we can.

"Work-wise, organisation-wise, we just need people to step up to the plate."

What is he meant to do? Just call Strachan and say not coming in this week?? That's just not going to happen. And if you think it is, then you are ridiculously naive. Yes, things are not looking good. I'm not entirely happy he won't be here to rally the troops. Everything that has went in our favour the last few years... Pen decisions, injuries, suspensions etc, has went against us this season. McCall won't be here next season. Whether we stay up or go down. So the decision the board need to make is...... Does he go now and let someone come in, to oversee the squad and give them a chance to do something in the jan transfer window. Or do we ride it out and see if someone comes in and we get compensation for him. As someone else mentioned, county have strengthened last few jan windows. There's nothing to suggest they won't do again.

However, I worry about McCall going just now. Unless there is something going on in the background regarding fresh investment and/or takeover I think we'll be struggling for candidates.

Those that run the club should be drawing up provisional short lists anyway as it's a cast iron certainy that McCall won't be here next season.

We need a new broom to come in in May and bring a whole new approach to the club and get everything sorted out over the summer.

He have 15 players who are out of contract/loan returns at the end of the season, we really need to start looking forward now to what kind of club we want in 2015/16.

What we require is some kind of forward vision and ethos at the club.

Those that run the club should be drawing up provisional short lists anyway as it's a cast iron certainy that McCall won't be here next season.

We need a new broom to come in in May and bring a whole new approach to the club and get everything sorted out over the summer.

He have 15 players who are out of contract/loan returns at the end of the season, we really need to start looking forward now to what kind of club we want in 2015/16.

Forward vision....

With the current BOD, manager, backroom staff its inevitable we will go down....

Take a look around Fir Park when you are next in, it's in a right state, rotting and tired. Sadly we have been on the slide for too long and no amount of bitching of whinging isn't going to change that.

SMc has had his hands tied with money and I firmly believe JP leaving has meant we cannot play with half fit players, he kept us going when we needed it, co-incidence he has left and we have had our worst run of injuries and niggles in years?. No direction inside or outside the club and as for the Trust, a stupid idea of asking financially strapped fans to run a football club.

We need to accept that we might need to go down and regroup before coming back to attack.

Tough decisions need to be made to ensure the survival of the club, no matter how painful they may be. We wouldn't survive relegation. The signs have been bad from the Stjarnan game onwards on 10 games later there still are't even the remotest shoots of recovery. That's too long a time to be written off as "Bad luck" or "not getting the breaks". St Mirren had 0 points about a month ago but apparently were playing decent stuff, they just couldn't finish. Now they've made up 7 points on us and are playing with some purpose. They still have Steven Thompson to come back from injury too. If Ross County start to respond to their new manager and/or spend in January then what's our response? Try Vigurs at right midfield? When a depleted Partick Thistle team who haven't been winning or scoring brush you aside in a game widely considered to be the "game we finally turn the corner" by some of our fans then you really do wonder when the manager and players will finally get their finger out!

McCall absolutely can't go away with the Scotland squad. Motherwell are in full blown crisis mode under his watch at the moment. If he does go then for me it shows he doesn't appreciate the severity of the situation.

I fear now that what we are seeing the missed opportunities, bad identification of players and signing policy coming home to roost.

• Like 1

Agree entirely. I gather November will be the pivotal month in determining whether or not the club has a mid-long term vision.

In the short term, I do hope the wheels are in notion to address the much needed summer clearance in line with the new vision.