Where Do We Go From Here?

MelvinBragg

Watching the Accies highlights, the number of empty seats in the East Stand is alarming. I cant recall a season where it's looked so empty.

Balls need booted for our approach to the summer. A rise in ST prices was followed by the club going into hiding after the European farce. Our ST sales must be down significantly. Sadly there doesn't appear to be anybody to the boot the balls.

Interesting few months ahead. It would appear that McCall and his players are unable to paper over the of-field cracks any longer.

All anybody expects of the players is for them to do their job on the field. IF (big if) there are any off field problems they don't excuse the moronic foul by McManus putting him and the rest of the defence under pressure from more or less kick off or the individual errors leading to the goals.

Formations , tactics blah blah. With the possible exception of the keeper IMO not one of them can look in the mirror and say what they are serving up is anywhere near an acceptable performance level.

About time they stopped feeling sorry for themselves and got the f'ing finger out

If the future of the club is youth, which given our finances I'm assuming it is, we'd do worse than get Billy Reid. No idea if he's even still alive granted.

4-5-1 4-5-1 4-5-1 4-5-1 ad infinitum. Accies fans genuinely thought he had some form of dirt on the chairman to stain their managerial seat for as long as he lasted.

Watching the Accies highlights, the number of empty seats in the East Stand is alarming. I cant recall a season where it's looked so empty.

Balls need booted for our approach to the summer. A rise in ST prices was followed by the club going into hiding after the European farce. Our ST sales must be down significantly. Sadly there doesn't appear to be anybody to the boot the balls.

Painfully true. I noticed a lot of veterans missing around my seat. Far away from attracting new folk, we're actively keeping the loyal core support away at the moment, and little wonder. I dodged a home game myself recently.

1411857012[/url]' post='422065']

We could win the champions league and there would be empty seats.

Yesterday was terrible, for sure, but there were 7 out who would normally start, for whatever reasons

If smc can't Get it together then he's got to go, butpeoplr on here dismiss being best of the rest 3 seasons in a row too easily. It probably won't ever happen again, especially with the meager resources we have

Give the guy a chance and if he can't work it out , then panic

• Like 1

I noticed a lot of veterans missing around my seat. Far away from attracting new folk, we're actively keeping the loyal core support away at the moment, and little wonder. I dodged a home game myself recently.

Whether you think it is right or wrong fans have and are being driven away by Stuart McCall's failures and brand of football.

The last few years have seen the most worrying collapse in attendances that I've known in my whole time supporting the club. We were never a hugely supported team but at the same time we were never a sub 4,000 club and that is the way it is heading presently.

The area that I sit in has probably lost about 50% of its punters. Just this season we have lost about 1,300 fans from the Stjarnan match up to yesterday, we are averaging about 3,500 home fans these days.

We brought out yet another great away support on Wednesday and how were they rewarded? Every time we rally the troops it's simply a set up for humiliation and failure.

If crowds get any lower McCall will have to go, regardless of his league record. We are teetering on the edge of financial disaster and with no cup runs and fans disappearing in their droves the whole McCall situation will come down to finance, that's assuming anyone is actually looking after our finances.

I have a mortgage to pay and have only managed to go to yesterdays game and St Johnstone home game this season. To pay £19 each game to watch "professional" footballers barely lasting 60 minutes at the start of the season and struggling to string 2 passes to each other is shocking. I can take a loss but to pay that amount of money to watch a complete and utter shit product is unacceptable.

I'd class myself as part of the hardcore of Motherwell fans, but I've not been in weeks and can't say I've actually missed it, though the kids have. Never got round to renewing our season books for 1reason or another...

Anyway, watched the highlights last night and we looked utterly clueless all over the park and for me it's time for Motherwell and McCall to go their own ways as I don't think he is the man to arrest this decline.

Motherwell are just not as important to me as they once were. For years a defeat like yesterday would have left me annoyed till Mon/Tues but in the last year or so I just don't feel the same. I was over yesterday's farce before my lamb tikka had arrived.

We need a fresh approach as McCall has gone stale. I don't expect the same level of finishes under the new manager but we need a kick up the arse!

I'm heading off abroad for the next 12-18months and I initially thought it would be difficult on a Saturday. Don't feel te same and can say that I won't miss watching sub standard football, in a dive of a stadium with players who couldn't really care about the outcome!

where do we go from here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, all players on double training sessions from today onwards from 9am till 4,30 so they can see what the rest of us have to do all week , instead of swanning off at 1pm after there lunch for a bit of shopping before picking there kids up at 3 then home to sit on there arses till the next day for more of the same ....... only my opinion by the way ?????

• Like 1

Double Sessions don't guarantee anything and probably wouldn't change anything under the current regime. The whole thing needs a fresh approach and fast, the manager doesn't know what to do to fix things and it will only get worse for us, we don't have an owner coz we somehow think this joke of a Well Society will suddenly be the saving grace when quite frankly it will never reach it desired financial target. We also need to overhaul the youth set up in terms of recruitment and better quality coaching, if we can fix all these things then perhaps things will look better!

Where do we go from here?

We absolutely must not lose the next few games, even if that means parking the bus at Thistle and home to Dundee. This is what it's came to! We can't become isolated in a mini league at the bottom! The senior players have to be strong and rally the troops (which is exactly why keeping McFadden would've been beneficial!), it's their job to keep the others focused and postive.

What was the reason for all the absentees yesterday? Are we just so horrendously unfit less than 10 games into a season or are the players not being trained correctly in terms of mobility that half a team goes AWOL after one match on synthetic?

it's a combination of an aging squad, a few guys who clearly aren't interested in getting fit and generally poor coaching and conditioning.

to me the main problem is that the manager can't look the players in the eye and tell them they need to buck up there ideas because everyone in the dressing room knows the manager isn't fully committed either.

malpas told me that he couldn't do anything about guys like jim paterson and mcgarry being over weight, six months later we had the fittest squad outside the old firm because mcghee didn't give them any other choice.

• Like 1

we don't have an owner coz we somehow think this joke of a Well Society will suddenly be the saving grace when quite frankly it will never reach it desired financial target.

we don't have an owner because no one wants to own us.

the well society was conceived primarily as an exit strategy for boyle and the reason the club is valued so ridiculously highly is to lower his tax liability.

I think our club would an attractive proposition for someone to own, I was made aware that Derek Weir had spoken to a couple of potential investors about taking over or investing into the club but would not be willing to do it via the Well Society, but I believe they were waiting till the end of November or something to see if the Well Society can reach its targets.

Some of the chat on the Well Society is a little off the mark. Regardless of whether the eventual target sum is ever reached it has already proved itself of immense assistance to the club by virtue of a share purchase and an interest free loan.

Even if it didn't raise another penny the importance of those funds being there ready, to assist the club when cashflow issues arise, cannot be understated. To call it a joke is pretty poor form really.

I didn't say the double sessions would change things ,, but it would maybe give them a kick up the arse in the right direction , hopefully the more you put inn , the more you get out , and I mean HOPEFULLY

If our players are so unfit how will they be able to do double sessions and then play matches? Anyone that knows anything about physical training knows you can't hit it hard all week and then expect to do well in matches. I understand the resentment when supporters are out doing 40 hour weeks or more but it's just the nature of the beast. If players are staying back it should be technique they are working on rather than fitness.

I don't think fitness is the issue. We have no confidence, heads are down and everyone is feeling sorry for themselves, look at Ramsden yesterday. An experienced pro who had a complete stinker and then spent most of the rest of the game shaking his head and looking at his shoes. Players aren't going to give you energy when they have that mental mindset.

The squad is small, lacking in quality and if you get the runaround for large portions of the match you will inevitably have less in the tank for the last 20 minutes. It's a common well known tactic in football, keep the ball, exhaust the opposition. Our lack of technique is shocking, players can't make simple 5 yard passes and are always chasing the game.

LACK OF CONFIDENCE = POOR TECHNIQUE/INDIVIDUAL MISTAKES = LACK OF POSSESSION/ERRORS = MENTAL/PHYSICAL FATIGUE.