Where Do We Go From Here?

MelvinBragg

i think the main effect of putting them on double sessions is that they will realise if they don't get their finger out they won't have as much free time as usual.

you don't have to work them to the bone every day, just change their lifestyles so they are desperate to get back to winning ways. anyone can sit and take a bollocking, losing 18 hours of free time every week is going hurt much worse.

Thought he lived in Strathaven.

Imho the whole situation is interlinked with the overall financial situation at FP.

Players who were sellable assets being allowed to move on without fees has been a risky strategy and not, I would suggest, a prudent one.

A. Burrows has been hung out to dry by the board, but whilst I have sympathy for him, I just don't feel he is detached enough from his love of our club, to make some difficult decisions.

That's my question. It was trotted out on here as if it was fact and wasn't shot down - is it true? Is it Bullshit? Where did the rumour come from? Harder than ever to separate fact from fantasy on this board now

90% of the stuff posted on these threads is bullshit,the coalition flying over Iraq couldn't shoot it all down!

Players who were sellable assets being allowed to move on without fees has been a risky strategy and not, I would suggest, a prudent one.

We had Darren Randolph on a 3 year contract, he was, in my opinion, the best goalkeeper we've ever had at Fir Park in the 30 odd years I've been going and the best keeper in the league, and there wasn't a single bid for him.

You can't make clubs buy our players and lets face facts here how many players have come through the club recently that you'd have to buy there and then? Most of our guys are guys you'll keep an eye on and wait until they are out of contract.

We've never had a really hot talent since James McFadden that was going to attract bidders from down south and there is no money in the Scottish game any longer.

Where do we go from here? Time for Stuart McCall to take up the coaching role at Palace and for Kenny Black and the rest of the coaching staff to go as well. We're unfit,uninterested,lacking leadership,frankly a feckin shambles. 4-0 at home to Accies, out of the League Cup again, gubbed in Europe by part-timers. Playing absolutely crap week in week out. Even the happiest of clappers must realise it's time for a new management team. Before we get FECKIN RELEGATED!!!! COS THAT'S WHERE WE'RE HEADING. :wallbash:

Scottish football in General is in a bad way, we as a club have to recognise this change and adapt to survive. Ya Beezer has spoken about us now being a sub 4,000 crowd, unfortunately this is something I don't see changing.

Football in Scotland has been pulverised, but it's hard to say exactly what's pulverising it. But one thing I'm 100% on is the marketing and movement of the English Leagues. Even down to the advertisements of betting firms such as Ladbrokes, William Hill, Bet Fred etc, everything that gets put through our screens up here is England-centric. Which makes the average football fan up here eat from the English football trough.

Most folk in this forum are diehard Motherwell enthusiasts, that's why we take the time to register, read and post. But the 1000's of others who don't are more likely to venture away from Scottish football. Going by some posts on this thread, even some of us are feeling a bit miffed about the whole venture that is Scottish football.

Let's be honest, from our boring commentators, even the radio voices, it's put across as if Scottish football is a chore (Hugh Keevins), or a bland pastime (Jim Delahunt). Nothing has changed in Scottish football for years, we've had Chick Young, Derek Johnstone, Richard Gordon and the rest of them talking down the game, with the exception of Rangers and Celtic, since I was 10 and probably before that. The whole package is marketed in such a shambolic way, there is no brand.

So in terms of Motherwell, the only way I see us surviving is to freshen everything up. Starting from the stadium. Fir Park is now a building that's from a distant era. The toilets, the PA, the seating (main stand) the view (the East Stand), the structure. Is there no way we could create a multi-sports facility with the prime function being the home of Motherwell football club. No doubt we missed the boat on this when Ravenscraig Sports facility was developed.

In the meantime, I reckon the best thing Motherwell can do is look to be a club who support youngsters from larger English clubs ie make a partnership or two and see how we can secure loan players and give them somewhere to get first team experience until we sort out our own shambles. Starting with our youth development. As has been mentioned, what's happened to our youth system! We've produced very little in the last 15 years to shout about. Having said this, probably only Hibs and Dundee United have managed to produce talent. Again - is it a Scottish wide issue. The whole thing beats me.

Oh and for the record, I'm a big fan of what McCall has achieved and also is commitment, which we needed after McGhee and Brown.

• Like 1

1411997502[/url]' post='422144']

Where do we go from here? Time for Stuart McCall to take up the coaching role at Palace and for Kenny Black and the rest of the coaching staff to go as well. We're unfit,uninterested,lacking leadership,frankly a feckin shambles. 4-0 at home to Accies, out of the League Cup again, gubbed in Europe by part-timers. Playing absolutely crap week in week out. Even the happiest of clappers must realise it's time for a new management team. Before we get FECKIN RELEGATED!!!! COS THAT'S WHERE WE'RE HEADING. :wallbash:

You might be right, who knows, but what about the week before when we got a draw at parkhead and arguably were unlucky not to win

.The difference was the personnel available, there were guys playing on Saturday who could put us down , but I doubt they will be playing most weeks, all things being equal

Look who was out on Saturday from the start, Hammel,O'brien, Lasley, Sutton, Vigurs,Ainsworth, Reid, no team could come with losing 7 starters like that

The reason for them not playing is another issue, however

Just hope this is a line in the sand though, cos they have got a lot of people to prove wrong , now

I was expecting this form last season - the fact that we finished 2nd after all the changes still amazes me. Sooner or later it was inevitable our fortunes would take a turn for the worse, and the injury situation at the start of this season seems to have been a catalyst for our woes.

Difficult to tell if we really are less fit, because lack of confidence can take away from commitment and sharpness on the pitch. I seriously doubt if there has been a change in the methods used in the last couple of successful seasons.

The one thing that has been obvious all along (even when we were playing better) is that our small squad is a high risk (but necessary) strategy. Injuries + off form players are hitting us hard.

While we have had a few form dips under his tenure, this is the first time McCall has had to deal with such collective ineptitude. I'd be disappointed if he, or the club, thought that the solution would be for him to walk away - certainly not this early on.

I also think we are missing Leann at the helm. With the best will in the world, I don't think if 'Flow has a chat with McCall about changing things around he could manage to instill the same fear or urgency that a chat with Ms. Dempster would create.

We are not less fit, we are Hutchison-less.

I also think we are missing Leann at the helm. With the best will in the world, I don't think if 'Flow has a chat with McCall about changing things around he could manage to instill the same fear or urgency that a chat with Ms. Dempster would create.

I don't think Flow's role is the same as Ms Dempster's.

Yeah, 'Flow's previous role and relationship with those at the club concerned me a bit when i heard of his appointment if i'm honest.

• Like 1

there is no point in blaming burrows.

the problem has been our transfer policy for the past few summers. spending good money on guys who are over 30 and are only going to decline ans bringing in guys who are career lower league players and are never going to be good enough.

last summer was a huge opportunity for the club. the manager had near enough the entire budget at his disposal and we have ended up with by far the worst squad since admin despite the level of competition never being lower. we have pissed away hundreds of thousands on ramsden, neilsen, lawson, mcfadden and now it looks like hammell and lasley have went into chronic decline with 20 months left on their deals.

at least when malpas was here we had some talent in the squad and a good number of guys who went onto bring in a transfer fee and play at a higher level. other than erwin every player in our squad is only headed one way.

• Like 2

Will this thread be as hot a BBQ on the sun every Sunday/Monday after a defeat all season, if it will it's gonna get tedious.

Bashing McCall I can understand to a degree (fitness levels and tactics/leaving things too late before changing) but Flow, come on, seriously?

Gents, away and lie down in a darkened room and count to ten.

As for what we'd do to change things around, do what the Europeans do, get them in from 9 until 5 and if they moan, to hell with them, I'm sure they'll get on just fine at East Stirling if they want to buy out their contract and get down the bookies by 1pm for the first race at Lingfield.

there is no point in blaming burrows.

the problem has been our transfer policy for the past few summers. spending good money on guys who are over 30 and are only going to decline ans bringing in guys who are career lower league players and are never going to be good enough.

last summer was a huge opportunity for the club. the manager had near enough the entire budget at his disposal and we have ended up with by far the worst squad since admin despite the level of competition never being lower. we have pissed away hundreds of thousands on ramsden, neilsen, lawson, mcfadden and now it looks like hammell and lasley have went into chronic decline with 20 months left on their deals.

at least when malpas was here we had some talent in the squad and a good number of guys who went onto bring in a transfer fee and play at a higher level. other than erwin every player in our squad is only headed one way.

Dundee Utd are sitting top of the league right now and they had 5 players on Saturday brought in from the lower Scottish leagues.

It's our scouting that is rotten rather than the leagues were are bringing in players from. If anything we should be bringing in more players from those kind of areas and paying them less so we have a larger squad to pick from instead of paying players like McManus a pretty penny for bog standard displays.

Let's face it, the standard between the top and lower leagues has never been smaller so it's a market we should be looking at much more than have done rather than bringing in expensive loan deals from England.

As for slating players, if one guy is exempt it's Stevie Hammell? Not sure how you can say he has gone into "chronic decline" when he hasn't played since July.