Mfctv

Browni

Just noticed this on Twitter

Iain Brown@iainbroon90 7h @MotherwellFC No fresh material on MFC TV since 16th of June but two payments took off me?! Poor show. What's going on?!

Details

f4c9e685cca4716a62b945420270d50b_bigger.pngMotherwell FCVerified account @MotherwellFC @iainbroon90 We're migrating over to 'Free to Air' (on You Tube), Iain - Transfer will be complete next week..

Hmm. Wonder how that'll work for live commentary, and I guess we can kiss goodbye to our promised live video coverage outside the UK...

Youtube can geolocate (which is why I can see SPFL highlights earlier) and they support live streaming, so in theory live video should still be possible.

The idea of making access free to all sounds like a good idea - as long as I get the refund for this season's subscription.

Hi folks,

Just to confirm that refunds will be available to those who have paid up front.

We haven't announced yet because of current contractual position which shall be resolved this coming week.

We hope being the first club in the top league to go totally free to air will give us a great opportunity on a new flexible platform that works with all modern technologies (tablets/smartphones).

We still hope to run Comms from games - although it might be on another free platform seperate to YT.

Youtube can geolocate (which is why I can see SPFL highlights earlier) and they support live streaming, so in theory live video should still be possible.

It can indeed, would just be slightly surprised if SPFL licensing allowed free to air webcasting of any games, geo-locked or not. But I'm sure our media manager is on it... oh, wait :)

Not ideal for me, due to "streaming via youtube" rules when offshore, but suppose you cant keep everyone happy

I had no issue paying 4.49 a month for live commentary and viewing matchday highlights abroad without the need for dodgy backdoor proxy servers etc. MFCTV was worth the fee, and I had very little issues with the service in the 2 years I've been subscribed. I'll miss it.

Hope this free-to-air service works out for the better for the club but hope they also remember the small minority of exiled supporters who rely on services like MFCTV to keep in touch with the club and its going ons.

Twitter and Facebook is also banned where I am, so if someone could keep me updated with any more updates on the matter via social media, I'd be grateful

Cheers

Not ideal for me, due to "streaming via youtube" rules when offshore, but suppose you cant keep everyone happy

I had no issue paying 4.49 a month for live commentary and viewing matchday highlights abroad without the need for dodgy backdoor proxy servers etc. MFCTV was worth the fee, and I had very little issues with the service in the 2 years I've been subscribed. I'll miss it.

Hope this free-to-air service works out for the better for the club but hope they also remember the small minority of exiled supporters who rely on services like MFCTV to keep in touch with the club and its going ons.

Twitter and Facebook is also banned where I am, so if someone could keep me updated with any more updates on the matter via social media, I'd be grateful

Cheers

FFS Aberdeen sounds like a totalitarian state!

I assume your on a rig.

Cheers

Can you download files? We might be able to sort something out via NSFW forum :evilgrin:

A good way to circumvent is to download google chrome (if you haven't already), install adblocker and then zenmate.

This works for all our foreign based fans too.

This allows access to BBC iPlayer, TVcatchup.com and youtube content from anywhere as long as you select which country you want to pretend you are in.

I use Hola Better Internet in chrome to switch my country to watch things

I also used this recently. Great chrome add-on.

Hey guys - cheers for the info. I do know a few ways to get about it, but if I get caught by-passing the system, i'll get properly reemed. MFCTV wasnt blocked, so there was no issue with streaming audio and videos from a site that isn't blocked. (some numpty somewhere is probably getting paid a fortune for making these rules up!)

Yip - can download files, so NSFW uploads would be appreciated.

haha - yeah it is a bit prison like sometimes. On a heavy lift vessel out in West Australia. Plus side to being on a boat rather than a rig, is that boat heads into port occasionally, and then can access blocked sites via my own mobile phone signal.

:cheers:

Cheers

haha - all the above. Plus I'd be run off the boat. Which would probably result in a change of employment. Which would result in the cancelation of my visa. Which would result in having to move back to Scotland. Which would result in me having to move back to Aberdeen and listen to their shite patter about being world beaters, and the like.

A chain reaction that no-man should have to suffer

• Like 1