Motherwell Vs St Mirren 09/08/14

David

Well, it all begins again this weekend...

Anyone know who of the injured bunch of Reid, Hammell, Ramsden, Kerr and Angol will be back for this game? I'm assuming we'll have McManus back after his personal time away?

Aside from that, it'll be business as usual I'd imagine? Not much change from the side that lost the European ties.

Hopefully fitness has improved since then.

Well, it all begins again this weekend...

Anyone know who of the injured bunch of Reid, Hammell, Ramsden, Kerr and Angol will be back for this game? I'm assuming we'll have McManus back after his personal time away?

Aside from that, it'll be business as usual I'd imagine? Not much change from the side that lost the European ties.

Hopefully fitness has improved since then.

No idea of the extent and severity of the injuries mentioned by Stuart McCall. Given that we don't know about Stephen McManus we can't assume he'll be available. Iain Vigurs, of course, has definitely been ruled out. If we have any leeway (no pun intended) then I'd start with Erwin alongside Sutton. Stuart McCall may well have other ideas though.

I can't remember ever feeling so flat or concerned in the lead up to a season beginning.

Don't know where all the injuries have came from, was it in Iceland? Who knows since the club pulled down the shutters for about 5 days afterwards. They've seemingly appeared from out of nowhere!

Only 1 established/recognisable striker, and 1 that can't play as a lone striker at that.

Who knows what type of team we'll be able to field? And against a team that has an excellent record against us.

The signs aren't good.....

.....so we'll probably win this one!!

In all seriousness, depending on the team we are able to field, I'd probably settle for a draw and some semblance of deliberateness in our play.

No idea of the extent and severity of the injuries mentioned by Stuart McCall. Given that we don't know about Stephen McManus we can't assume he'll be available. Iain Vigurs, of course, has definitely been ruled out. If we have any leeway (no pun intended) then I'd start with Erwin alongside Sutton. Stuart McCall may well have other ideas though.

When did Vigurs get ruled out? I heard McCall talk about all the defenders but nowt else.

He's suspended; mentioned in the pre-season friendlies thread.

Oh aye..I did read that actually. Ta.

Hard one to call without knowing the details and not knowing much about the youngsters. I'll assume McManus is back but none of the rest mentioned as injured/suspended are.

Something like:

Twardzik

Carswell Cummins McManus Ferguson(?)/Neil(?)

Ainsworth Lasley Law Thomas

Sutton Erwin

If we have a decent youth right back then I'd put him in in place of Carswell. Leitch is unfortunate to miss out but I think we need to go with 2 up front and let Law roam about a bit behind them

No idea about the score. I dont think we will get humped but it will likely be close and only a goal in in.

Will be a tough one and everyone knows what our record is like against St Mirren but I'm looking forward to getting back to the bread and butter of the league.

Would like McCall to shake things up a bit and see how they deal with the unknown quantities of Erwin and Thomas. Not sure that'll happen though.

I'll say 2-1 St Mirren if half our defence is out.

1-1 of the majority of them are back. Sutton to score.

Fair enough we've looked pish in the 2 euro games and haven't had a great pre season but St Mirren have lost a couple of their 'better' players and they were crap most of last season anyway.It's a much better home game to start with than Aberdeen, Utd where we might well get pumped but I really can't see them taking advantage of our missing defenders and at the other end our attacking players are better than their defenders.

3-1 us!

Based on European games, our replacements will need to be superior to those missing.

Based on our league position last year they won't, as we are a much better team that St. Mirren.

However, neither of these assertions will influence the game on Saturday. The only thing that matters is how we play. And while a few posters are already bemoaning the fact that they have a lack of interest and enthusiasm in the new season kicking off - I can't wait.

I'll be delighted if we have to rely on some of our youngsters this season, and looking forward to seeing how they develop.

Bring it on.

Fair enough we've looked pish in the 2 euro games and haven't had a great pre season but St Mirren have lost a couple of their 'better' players and they were crap most of last season anyway.It's a much better home game to start with than Aberdeen, Utd where we might well get pumped but I really can't see them taking advantage of our missing defenders and at the other end our attacking players are better than their defenders.

3-1 us!

+1 :thumbup:

Twardzik

Reid,Ramsden,McManus,Hammell

Ainsworth,Carswell,Vigurs,Law,Lasley

Sutton

(Kerr & ZFA for Ainsworth & Vigurs after 72 mins)

Anyone who thinks our team will differ from this are nuts. Its the McCall way,even if Lasley is missing a leg or Sutton wakes up blind and crippled on saturday morning McCall will go with tried and trusted experience and favourites,no matter their fitness, over youth.

It's a hard one to call. I think St.Mirren will be better this season than last season.

It wouldn't shock me if McCall went with Gunnar to start here. Not knowing the extent of the injured yet (and assuming the worst), I'd predict the line-up as:

Neilsen

Carswell

McManus

Cummins

Neil

Ainsworth

Lasley

Leitch

Law

Sutton

McHugh

Result 1-1

Twardzik

Reid,Ramsden,McManus,Hammell

Ainsworth,Carswell,Vigurs,Law,Lasley

Sutton

(Kerr & ZFA for Ainsworth & Vigurs after 72 mins)

Anyone who thinks our team will differ from this are nuts. Its the McCall way,even if Lasley is missing a leg or Sutton wakes up blind and crippled on saturday morning McCall will go with tried and trusted experience and favourites,no matter their fitness, over youth.

So everyone who says Vigurs will not be playing because he is supended, are nuts?? Am I understanding your post correctly? :whistling:

• Like 4