Motherwell Vs St Mirren 09/08/14

David

So everyone who says Vigurs will not be playing because he is supended, are nuts?? Am I understanding your post correctly? :whistling:

Just about to post the same thing. At the risk of being labelled nuts I really can't see Stuart McCall selecting Vigurs if the SFA has suspended him.

4-2 them with us leading 2-0 until captain Keith goes in head first and concedes 2 penalties. St mirren then go on to score after walking through our defence and scoring with shots the keeper whether it be Dan the man or Gunnar should have caught easily.

Oh and a post match interview from Mccall saying we should have done better and that there were a few chances we just didn't take.

And to wrap it up some delightful posts on here about how shite we were and how much of a joke everything is.

I would like......

Neilsen

Ramsden Kerr McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Carswell Leitch Law

Sutton Erwin

But I think it is likely to be......

Twardzik

Reid Cummins McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Carswell Lasley Law

Sutton McHugh

1st Sub 66th min, Ainsworth off Kerr on,

2nd sub 75th min Law(new Anier/McFadden as never plays 90) ZFA on

3rd sub 86th min McHugh off for Erwin.

1-1 draw at FT after leading until the 85th min thru a Sutton goal, Saints score through Gregg Wylde to equalise.

In terms of showing us where the team is on fitness and overall ability i don't think we could have a better first game. St Mirren for the full time they've been in the top flight have been easily one of the poorest teams every year and i don't see this year being any different, so to have them at home first game is a great chance to win the opening game even with the injuries we have.

I'd be tempted to play with three central midfielders on Saturday in an attempt to keep things tight and (hopefully) keep possession better (less chasing, less drain on our energy).

Assuming everyone makes it, I'd go

Nielsen

Ramsden

Kerr

McManus

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Carswell

Leitch

Law

Sutton

And before we start the Sutton can't play up front on his own debate, I'd be telling Law and Ainsworth to play as far up the field as possible when we have the ball and to come in to the middle and almost play second striker when we're attacking on the opposite wing (Ainsworth has Sutton and Law to aim at, Law has Sutton and Ainsworth to aim at being the idea). If they tire, bring on Angol for Law and Thomas for Ainsworth. Playing three central midfielders that will track back, I'd be hoping that the defensive duties of Law and Ainsworth would be minimised...

So everyone who says Vigurs will not be playing because he is supended, are nuts?? Am I understanding your post correctly? :whistling:

Ah forgot that,ok Vigurs will be missing but Id put money on the other 10. Remember feb time? We were getting humped and carrying 4 or 5 clearly unfit players for a few games in a row as McCall doesnt sway from the usual suspects. He is suddenly going to change now? Unless guys have missing limbs or broken bones they will play

Hard to know which team will be put out due to injuries.

I suspect a couple will make it. If it's Kerr and Angol that don't, with the greatest of respect that wouldn't be the worse case scenario. As long as Hammell, McManus and either Ramsden or Reid make it we'll be able to put together a fairly competent (on paper at least) defence.

Could be

Twardzik

Hammell

McManus

Cummins

Reid/Ramsden/Carswell

Ainsworth

Leitch

Lasley

Thomas

Law

Sutton

Are the club going to do one if those Facebook event pages for the game?

Did anyone get the email from Stuart McCall that was meant to be sent? Was it sent?

What's the score with all the injuries? Which players are definitely out? Which ones might make it?

Take it there will be no new signings in time for Saturday?

Anything? Anywhere? Anybody?

Are the club going to do one if those Facebook event pages for the game?

Did anyone get the email from Stuart McCall that was meant to be sent? Was it sent?

What's the score with all the injuries? Which players are definitely out? Which ones might make it?

Take it there will be no new signings in time for Saturday?

Anything? Anywhere? Anybody?

Good to things come to those that wait....and just as bloody well, becuase their appears to be a media blackout. Where is a good Media manager when you need one :whistling: