Motherwell Vs St Mirren 09/08/14

David

Hard to remember when I have been less interested or up for the start of a new season as much as this one.

I'm in exactly the same position. The Europa debacle and lack of signings have resulted in me losing a lost of interest. I've hardly even checked these boards since the Stjarnan game.

Will still be there tomorrow though.

Not the only ones. My old boy and I were saying the same. Both of us are pretty scunnered with the football at the moment. Think we peaked excitement after the Dons game and quick re signing of players.

I'll still be there tomorrow but can't say I am excited in the slightest.

With the injuries tomorrow I have genuinely no idea what the team will be defensively ....

Carsy - two off Cummins/Neill/Kerr - Ferguson

Ainsworth - Leitch - Lasley - Law

Sutton - McHugh

Oooft..... Midfield looks decent but the rest is a complete worry!! Hopefully McManus or Reid are fit to slot in somewhere.

Well it wasn't an especially convincing performance but a wins a wins, especially with the injury situation.

St. Mirren really only have themselves to blame for not getting something out of the match because they, and Callum Bell in particular missed, half a dozen good chances.

To be fair Twardzik made a couple of excellent saves that saved us on a couple occasions.

For once we were clinical up front and took our chance while St. Mirren missed all of theirs.

Although we got a clean sheet, Reid and Kerr in particular gave us some hairy moments by playing far too high up the field.

Attacking wise we didn't create very much with Sutton and Ainsworth having very quiet afternoons. Erwin deserved his goal, he's raw but he was probably one of our better outfield players.

Overall, I'll take the 3 points but we still need to improve a lot, it's going to be much tougher in the next couple of matches you suspect.