Motherwell Vs St Mirren 09/08/14

David

What about if all our injured players were fit and all our suspended players were not suspended?

Seeing as it was 3/4 of our first choice midfield playing today the amount of chances we gave to St Mirren was ridiculous. Any team with half decent forwards would've punished us.

If Thompson was fit we would have lost by 3 or 4. Abysmal.

It wasn't a great performance but after all the gloom of recent weeks we badly needed that win and I'm just delighted we got it. Yes St.Mirren had plenty of chances but they failed to take them so that's their problem not ours. I think our lads deserve credit for hanging in and getting the result.

• Like 1

3 points, clean sheet and a goal from a young home grown striker. Good start to the season.

As others have mentioned we rode our luck at times but we defended reasonably well and St Mirren where wasteful. Wee Dan made a few good saves and looked solid.

Some decent play going forward aswell with a few chances created.

Thought Law looked decent, tidy in possession and looking to drive forward and link play. Kerr was pretty solid playing in his natural position and was clear he's a defender and not a right winger!!! Also he wanted to come off injured after 60mins but SMc went off his head at him basically telling him to man up and get on with the game. Reid was clearly not fit.

ZFA had a decent enough game, probably his best a FB for a while.

Big Erwin looks a player, good touch, strong and skilful with a wee bit of pace aswell. Held the ball up well without feeling the need to fall on his arse which was different from his strike partner.

Think Lasley and Carswell were outplayed by McLean and McGinn. Lasley in particular I thought had a poor game, he worked really hard and put himself about but was loose in possession.

Less than 4000 well fans at the first game of the season after finishing 2nd last year also is quite worrying.

Decent result but if that's our level we'll be mid table at best this season.St Mirren will be near the bottom but if they had somebody who knew how to cross and a decent forward they'd have pumped us by 5 or 6.Really fear for us in midweek and wouldn't be surprised if we get another doing there because they won't be as wasteful.On the plus side Twardzic had a good game and we won, that's about the only positives to take from it.

ps what a poor crowd for an opening game, 3600 home fans

pps Nicky Laws bird is :wub:

And were also torn apart by St Mirren and our goal came from a rebound. You'll forgive me for not running on the pitch and embracing Fraser Kerr out of sheer ecstacy.

More pish from you I see. I love scoring rebounds. It gives me an enormous sense of well being.

Have we now got fans who are not happy when Motherwell win a game? Spoilt twats.

• Like 1

Off the mark with as good a performance as we could have anticipated. St Mirren the dominant team but helluva wasteful.

Delighted to see Erwin get off the mark, you can see he oozes a bit of quality. Twardzik far more assured than the options we had last season. Seeing Kerr play in his natural position was another positive and I wouldn't be against him getting a chance to prove himself at centre half.

Sutton and Lasley look helluva rusty. Hopefully just need games.

3,600 Motherwell fans for the opener highlights a pigs ear of a summer.

Thought , Law and Kerr were best of outfield players and Twardzick was confident and had a couple good stops. Any team hitting balls behind our defence will beat us for pace. Few players seriously not fit at this early stage of the season . Happy with 3 points today. Goodwin is a disgrace and good to see Sutton get up and get on with it after that 'tackle'.

Have Radio Clyde figured out yet that Goodwin's 2nd yellow came from an elbow to Sutton's neck?

Was listening on the way home and Keevins said not one person in the stadium knew what it was for.......except most of the East Stand who saw the incident clearly and, it seems, the linesman at our side. I'm sure it was him who was in the ref's earpiece telling him what he saw. Thought it may have been the fourth official but it seemed a few Saints players were having a go at the lino after the red.

Have Radio Clyde figured out yet that Goodwin's 2nd yellow came from an elbow to Sutton's neck?

Was listening on the way home and Keevins said not one person in the stadium knew what it was for.......except most of the East Stand who saw the incident clearly and, it seems, the linesman at our side. I'm sure it was him who was in the ref's earpiece telling him what he saw. Thought it may have been the fourth official but it seemed a few Saints players were having a go at the lino after the red.

Thanks for the info scoojy , I was in the cooper and had no idea what he was sent off for .Radio Scotland said it was for chat back to the ref.:O

Delighted with that result, even if it wasn't a classic performance. We've struggled against St Mirren a fair bit the last few years so I'm happy with any result against them. And given that we're playing with most of the defence that shipped so many goals last season, any clean sheet is a plus.

Some of our fans are right dour-faced characters though. The two old guys next to me did nothing but moan for the entire 90 minutes, and that prick up the back of the Cooper who sounds like he's about a twenty-deck away from a throat microphone was in fine voice today. I just don't get how going to the football is any fun if all you're going to do is moan like fuck for the whole match?

On a more positive note, Lee Erwin looks like a right cracking prospect. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of him this season. Josh Law looks like he has a touch of class, too. Not sure how exactly to set the team up to accommodate both Law and Vigurs, but if McCall can find a way it could be exciting to watch.

:blind:

And were also torn apart by St Mirren and our goal came from a rebound. You'll forgive me for not running on the pitch and embracing Fraser Kerr out of sheer ecstacy.

Rebound goal = 0 points ??????

Normal goal = ??? points ??????

Dear Dad /Family scored on my professional first team SPL debut........but shite it was a apparently a rebound...will do better ...if selected

Well done Fraser Kerr..........won 3 points playing a defensive position :dash2: