Dundee Utd V Motherwell 13/08/14

Yabba's Turd

You really are a feckin arse...with a statement like that

how exactly?

if you were watching a game on tv and one team didn't put a single shot on target what would you think about them? rangers under smith or scotland under levein got slaughtered for those types of performances.

• Like 1

A narrow defeat to a late wonder goal away from home against one of the best attacking teams in the league, who very recently have had more than the measure of us, with our own team in the midst of an injury crises is not the worst result in the world.

• Like 1

Sutton must have been bad. SMc actually subbed him!! That never happens!!!!

The big man is really labouring just now. He was very poor against Stjarnan, to the point of being non existent, and has continued in the same vein. Granted there isn't a great deal coming his way in terms of service, but he looks way of the pace in everything he's doing juon the pitch at this moment in time.

Does hitting a shot straight at the keeper count? But it's on target though so I suppose that's better

Depends where the keeper is standing , if he saves it from hitting the target then its a goal saved , the target being the bit you try to hit , under the bar and between the posts , thats what you get a goal for.

Try getting to a match instead of playing the smart cunt on here towards those that do , you'll soon pick it up.

• Like 3

Does hitting a shot straight at the keeper count? But it's on target though so I suppose that's better

Hit a shot at the keeper, as proven by Celtic's goal tonight, can result in a mistake girfting a goal. Hitting a shot within the frame of the goal forces the goalkeeper or defence to take action otherwise it's a goal.

Hit a shot off the bar/post results in it coming back into play or going out of play most of the time, therefore not on target.

Why is this even up for debate?

Clue 1)

Are you awarded a goal for it ?

I stand corrected, hitting the bar is not on target.

However I would rather have a well struck shot hit the woodwork than have a shot trundle up to the target where the keeper then bends down at his leisure to pick it up. A sad life I lead when I can sit at a keyboard and 'discuss' what is and what is not a shot on target.

Depends where the keeper is standing , if he saves it from hitting the target then its a goal saved , the target being the bit you try to hit , under the bar and between the posts , thats what you get a goal for.

Try getting to a match instead of playing the smart cunt on here towards those that do , you'll soon pick it up.

I've been to more away games than you'll ever dream sonny Jim. I'm also pleased to be a poster of my own individual thoughts - not like you a cheerleader for your boyfriend

Hit a shot at the keeper, as proven by Celtic's goal tonight, can result in a mistake girfting a goal. Hitting a shot within the frame of the goal forces the goalkeeper or defence to take action otherwise it's a goal.

Hit a shot off the bar/post results in it coming back into play or going out of play most of the time, therefore not on target.

My initial point was the rush to bemoan what appears to be from the majority who were there. A decent effort

I mentioned striking the bar as surely that must count as at least a decent effort.

1 - 0 isn't so bad all things considered. Hopefully this thread doesn't meltdown over the burgeoning shots on target debate. I'd prefer to hear from the folk who were there on how young Ferguson, Erwin and Leitch performed.

Leitch and Erwin both had very good games, two exciting prospects. Erwin in particular was a real a handful again. Carswell done well sitting in front of the back 4 and Kerr had another good game in his natural position. Four of our starting line up came through our youth team and all put in impressive displays.

The young boy Ferguson done well enough given it was his debut and he was played out of position, kept it simple and made a few good interceptions.

Decent enough display, well organised and showed good discipline defensively. Just lacking a bit of pace and spark on the break. Law unlucky with his effort cracking the bar and Erwin looked to have been bundled over in the box but the ref waved it away. Could do nothing about the winner, an absolute screamer from the boy.

• Like 1

Because steelboy did what he always does: he trolled and sadly, he's managed to get a number of 'bites'.

Yet again, a thread is ruined. Rather than discuss the match, positively or negatively, we're subjected to two pages of drivel arguing over something he's posted.

Yet again, the focus and spotlight shines on the troll instead of discussing Motherwell F.C.

I mean, seriously, who Fucking cares what the definition of a shot on target is? I came to this thread to find out how my team played but it looks like it was naive of me to think that would happen. Sad times.

• Like 3

Leitch and Erwin both had very good games, two exciting prospects. Erwin in particular was a real a handful again. Carswell done well sitting in front of the back 4 and Kerr had another good game in his natural position. Four of our starting line up came through our youth team and all put in impressive displays.

The young boy Ferguson done well enough given it was his debut and he was played out of position, kept it simple and made a few good interceptions.

Decent enough display, well organised and showed good discipline defensively. Just lacking a bit of pace and spark on the break. Law unlucky with his effort cracking the bar and Erwin looked to have been bundled over in the box but the ref waved it away. Could do nothing about the winner, an absolute screamer from the boy.

Thanks.