Kilmarnock V Motherwell 23/08/14

Yabba's Turd

I'd have the players on double training sessions after the keech served up yesterday and changes need to be made wherever possible.

Any news on Hammell, Angol and Ramsden? Is Ainsworth injured? There's certainly something up with him!

The boy Ferguson absolutely cannot play there again. Reid will have to fill in at right back (if Hammell and Angol are still out) with Kerr at right and maybe O'Brien with McManus at centre half? Kerr certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

In the middle Carswell or Lasley need to make way for Leitch. I think we'll see Vigurs come in if he's fit again. Ainsworth and Law deserve to be dropped but one of them will probably have to play.

We should go with Ojamaa and Erwin up front.

Who knows what McCall will go with though?

I'd take a point in a score draw to stop the rot and some semblance of deliberateness and game plan please.

Fuck knows what team we'll put out. There's a good few that could be doing with getting dropped but unfortunately that can't happen.

Twardzik

Reid O'Brien McManus Kerr

Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs

Erwin Ojamaa

Hopefully it's something along those lines. The actual team selection won't bother me too much just as long as we go with a straight up 442. I reckon Ferguson would fare better if he had Vigurs playing in front of him, but on the assumption that this O'Brien is fit (and good) I wouldn't mind him coming in. Lasley to get the nod ahead of Leitch purely because of his experience.

Would like to see us try something like this...

Twardzik

Kerr McManus O`Brien

Carswell

Reid Law. Leitch. Viguirs

Ojamma. Erwin

we just couldn't play that system - Vigurs at left wing back, are you having a laugh?

you need a team full of players who are very comfortable on the ball and who know what each other are going to do - that is not us

i'm curious as to why you think this would work well??

We've been keeping the injuries very hush-hush. First of all, because we obviously don't want other teams to be aware who is carrying and knock. Secondly, as McCall has said himself, because he doesn't want to use them as an excuse for poor performances.

I understand the reasoning, but it makes it a lottery trying to pick a lineup or a result for this game.

We've been keeping the injuries very hush-hush. First of all, because we obviously don't want other teams to be aware who is carrying and knock. Secondly, as McCall has said himself, because he doesn't want to use them as an excuse for poor performances.

I understand the reasoning, but it makes it a lottery trying to pick a lineup or a result for this game.

Well I think he did say after the Inverness game that he doesn't expect anyone else to be back. A couple of weeks I think he said before Hammell/Ramsden/ZFA will be training again.

I reckon it'll be the same squad as Saturday but with Ojamaa, O'Brien, Vigurs and Lawson hopefully that wee bit fitter.

Well I think he did say after the Inverness game that he doesn't expect anyone else to be back. A couple of weeks I think he said before Hammell/Ramsden/ZFA will be training again.

Right, but there are also guys like Ainsworth who seem to be carrying knocks that don't look 100% either.

Right, but there are also guys like Ainsworth who seem to be carrying knocks that don't look 100% either.

Tbh, I reckon he (and the others) have just been rotten, simple as that. Ainsworth went from fucking unplayable to fucking unpick-able at times last year. If not, hopefully with us not having a midweek game anyone who is carrying a knock will be fine for Saturday.

We could really do with a win, even if it's just to calm the panty-wetters on here down.

we just couldn't play that system - Vigurs at left wing back, are you having a laugh?

you need a team full of players who are very comfortable on the ball and who know what each other are going to do - that is not us

i'm curious as to why you think this would work well??

1. We couldn't play a different system on Saturday either. Vigurs is worth a start. I'd rather him than Ainsworth in a starting 11.

2. simply saying it is not us is not a reason to try different systems. Lots of teams try different systems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It certainly is not working at present.

3. My reason for suggesting it is Kerr and McManus were in my opinion the only positives from the start of the season. adding O'Brien who on the face of it should be half decent at SPL level would at least allow us to have added protection at the back and give the wider players some freedom to move forward knowing that there is sufficient cover. Granted we may not have the best options down the left till Hammell or ZFA come back but that phiosophy didn't stop LVG playing Ashley Young in the same position. The purpose of a wing back is mainly to try and support the already existing defence and holding midfielder and attacking players.

I hope McCall has the players training at either Ravenscraig or Toryglen for this one! The plastic pitch has been our downfall in recent times and we need to overcome this if we are to compete!

Think if we can adapt to the surface, we should be able to take the points here! Kilmarnock are yet again unimpressive on paper, and I doubt this will change on the pitch. Assuming Ojamaa and Obrien are both ready to feature at some point, we should be covered well from the whole match!

Think we will stick the same team out as Saturday, as this is McCalls way of doing things!

Last time I was down at Rugby Park it was 0-0 where did fuck all but hang on to a clean sheet but I'm planning to head down for this one.

It's disappointing if true that none of the injured players will be ready to come back in for this one, for some reason I thought we had a free weekend coming up which we could have done with, but apparently not.

We have Celtic coming up at Parkhead soon so I think we really need to start picking up points or we could find ourselves stuck in the bottom six as other teams are likely to go through the 10 point barrier in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

We should be looking for at 6 points out the next 9 before we roll up to Celtic Park. If we fail to get a decent points tally together before then it could set the tone for the season.

I'm not even going to try and predict this. I'm going to ignore it completely, enjoy my Saturday and then lose the nut at the result. (Or potentially celebrate)

Same. I'm at a stag do, so probably won't get the opportunity to see the score until Sunday. But I will try and predict. I'm hoping for the best but expect 1 - 0 Killie or 2 - 1 Killie unfortunately.