Should Mccall Go To Germany

steelboy

Should McCall go to Germany  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Should McCall go to Germany

• Yes
    • No

In my opinion he shouldn't. He should be staying here and having the players in on double sessions a day in order to address the free fall we are currently witnessing.

The players should've been in for double sessions every other day since the Stjarnan home game onwards frankly. It would be interesting to hear just what exactly has been done to improve our game of late.

On the way back from the game today the commentators were saying that hearts had only has 3 days off since this season started and were even doing triple sessions on some days to make sure they were as best prepared as possible. It's been paying off then as they apparently have been excellent so far.

What exactly are we doing?

• Like 2

Maybe steelboy should go to Germany and stay there . Should we vote on that ?

My linkhttps://www.kickstarter.com/

being serious mccall is the most important man at the club, he has publicly spoken about his lack of his staff and the scale of his job. taking time off when we are struggling doesn't set a great example.

if he agreed with strachan to miss this trip it would send a message to the players, the support and our opponents that we are serious about improving.

• Like 1

His priority should be getting us organised and competitive on the park before anything else. Not that I believe that his being involved in the Scotland set up is a huge hindrance to us mind you, but still, his club, of which he has such a massive role at, should come before his job with thr national team.

He should be staying here and having the players in on double sessions a day

Hearts are currently doing three sessions a day according to Alan Preston on Radio Scotland. It seems to be working for them.

As for McCall, I don’t see a problem with him going to Germany. The back room staff should be more than capable of getting the boys into shape.

Whether we like it or not, McCall will go to Germany, Kenny Black will take the training and does quite a lot of the fitness stuff and that's where we fail, I think its Black that's the weak link behind the scenes, maybe we should change him and bring in a more vibrant younger coach who can emphasise fitness and performance.

• Like 1

No.

I don't give a single shit about his extra job. I'd really rather see him do his day job better, and get us up to scratch, as opposed to fucking off to sunnier climes on a nice wee jolly with the boys which does us, my club, Motherwell, absolutely fuck all good, and will continue to do so.

I really couldn't care less about seeing our manager jaunt off and tickle the egos of a few Championship players who mean bugger all to me, while we're toiling to such a degree that we can't even get a reasonable number of shots on target.

If he wants the job with the better players, I'd rather he fucked off and aimed for a job weekly with them, and allow us to move on with someone with a degree of commitment to the difficult job needing done.

And the worst of it? I fucking like the guy.

• Like 1

Yes, I think being involved with better players and better managers will improve him. He'll be here for a couple of days this week and be back on Monday next week. We agreed to this and encouraged it to renege because we've had a sticky start would be wrong. Also, a few days away may freshen him up.

One of the main attributes Alex Ferguson had was being able to mix it up behind the scenes in terms of assistant managers and coaches.

I certainly wouldn't want McCall to leave the club but I don't think it would do us any harm bringing in a new face with some fresh ideas to help.

The first time i've read a thread that says Kenny Black's the problem.AGREE 100% it's him to blame for our lack of fitness and preparation. He can take Gordon Marshall with him he's responsible for our keepers that we sign and both of them are shit. We need a new coaching set up or it could cost McCall his job. Changes required. <_>

• Like 1

I have mixed emotions on this. On the one hand I feel he should be concentrating on getting some major problems sorted here first. However, for any person to improve they need to get new ideas, new ways of doing things. If McCall can pick up new ideas then it may be no bad thing. I just wish we could use different tactics as ours are so easily read I don't think opposition coaches even bother turning up to watch us play anymore.

Genuine question- how does anyone know how good or bad Kenny Black is at his job? And how can he suddenly be the problem after being here throughout all the recent success?

My point was more at highlighting that successful managers will use this as a way of keeping things fresh. I doubt at Man Utd (under fergie anyway) that garbage coaches were employed in the first place. Its simply the point that at times it does no harm for players to hear a different message and perform some different tasks.