Ross County V Motherwell 13/09/14

Yabba's Turd

Thank fuck for that.

Be interested to hear from those who were there how we played but that starting line up and the unwillingness to drop players who contribute little suggests today's win merely papered over the cracks.

How does it suggest that? Does it not suggest the players who have not been contributing are now...contributing?

Two superb goals, and an excellent three points. First half was pretty unspectacular but we played some really nice stuff in the second around our goals. Vigurs and Law in particular were looking good, and Sutton and Erwin were fighting well against a big back line. Our arses collapsed following their goal, but all good in the end with the three points.

Also only had to spend £10 to get me, my dad and my two young nephews in thanks to Alan Burrows giving out the leftover comps outside the stadium, coupled with County allowing any adult a free ticket if they have a child with them. Made £64 (2 adults, 2 kids) into £10 for me. Great stuff.

Not expecting anything from Celtic bit hopefully we can continue to improve and carry some semblance of form over into the Accies match.

• Like 1

Two superb goals, and an excellent three points. First half was pretty unspectacular but we played some really nice stuff in the second around our goals. Vigurs and Law in particular were looking good, and Sutton and Erwin were fighting well against a big back line. Our arses collapsed following their goal, but all good in the end with the three points.

I agree but I thought we coped quite well after they scored, we did retreat and sit slightly deeper but we saw it through fairly comfortably. McManus and O'Brien I thought were immense at the back again and won just about everything going in the air. Ramsden was solid enough at right back and Reid I thought had a terrific game at left back considering it's not his natural position. Twardzik also done what was required of him and the defence as a whole looked fairly solid albeit up against a fairly toothless County attack.

First half was pretty poor fair with both teams lacking in confidence and creating very little. Second half McCall clearly had words at half time as they were out a good few minutes early and fired up from the start of the 2nd. We got the goal, which was a wonderful free kick by Vigurs and from then on we really kicked on and could have had a few more with Law and Sutton both passing up chances. Sutton then scored a sublime volley and it looked a case of how many. Law and Vigurs were both coming onto decent games and Sutton and Erwin were causing the County back line plenty of problems. Sutton went close again and Erwin looked to have been bundled over when running through but we just couldn't finish it off. Then when they scored it was very much what we have we hold but as I said earlier County never really created any great chances and we saw it though. With many on here questioning the mental strength and toughness of this team it was good to see them shut a few people up and grind out the win.

A solid team performance and a very big three points. Definitely still more to come from this team and yesterday doesn't suddenly solve all our problems but it was a step in the right direction. We looked fairly solid and if we can get Ojamaa and Ainsworth on form we can hopefully kick on, start scoring a few more goals and move ourselves up the table.