Club Email...

Suprawell

Hello,

I just received a very unprofessional email from Motherwell FC, which didn't even have a title in the email, please see below:

"Katie McCrossan

The Well Society

Motherwell Football Club

Fir Park Stadium

Firpark Street

Motherwell

ML1 2QN

Tel: 01698 333333

Direct Dial: 01698 338006

Email:wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk

Web: www.motherwellfc.co.uk

Online Web TV Channel:motherwellfc.tv

Like us on Facebook facebook.com/MotherwellFC

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/MotherwellFC

Hi its paul frew from motherwell fc just to see what you and you work buddies were doing for christmas party nite

Come have it with us dates are 6th 12th 13th 19th 20th of december (price is only £29.95 per person )three course meal live band plus a disco to

Give me a wee call on 01698333333"

I'm all for the club being proactive, but this is shockingly unprofessional. Firstly, the style of the email starts with the footer and then it's not even from Katie McCrossan, but someone called Paul Frew

Then we have the lack of capitalisation, spelling....oh dear.

It's a sad state of affairs that this email was not proof read before going out into the open. I expect better.

I thought this was going to be something semi serious about club email being hacked or something...

Sems a bit off, definitely. I haven't received it so maybe its only you or a select few. That said - even if I did receive it I wouldnt go running here to broadcast it. I would likely just have deleted it after thinking about it for a few secs max.

Why dont you send some constructive feedback to the club and help the situation and save some embarrassment?

• Like 5

Hi its paul frew from motherwell fc

New head of Club Media. ph34r.gifwhistling.gifph34r.gif

It’s not a great email, however, I suspect it has been sent in error. You would expect any communication advertising Christmas nights out would have professional looking graphics and to adhere to official club guidelines. This one has obviously slipped through the net.

Hello all,

Yes, I've received a great email from Diane Harvey, the Commercial Manager explaining that it escaped throught the net. No harm done and I'm sure lessons learned.

Mon the Well

Dont want to jump on the outrage band wagon, but sent in error or not, we shouldn't be letting anyone who lacks common sense or a basic grasp of spelling and grammar anywhere near any kind of club communications.

And, anyone who describes themselves as the main man at Motherwell and isn't McCall or whoever is the current most senior director really needs the club to pull them down a few pegs!

Taken in isolation, of course it shouldn't be a mistake that threatens someones job. In actual fact it's small beer in comparison to an email I received a couple of years ago from our former Chief Executive discussing bids on two of our players with other directors!! Accidentally hitting the send button early - it happens.

That said, not unnatural to be a wee bit concerned after viewing the email. It's the doubt that is left after reading the grammar and writing style that maybe our pursuit of commercial revenues is not as professional as it possibly could be, however much initiative was shown by its author.