Club Email...

Suprawell

Taken in isolation, of course it shouldn't be a mistake that threatens someones job. In actual fact it's small beer in comparison to an email I received a couple of years ago from our former Chief Executive discussing bids on two of our players with other directors!! Accidentally hitting the send button early - it happens.

That said, not unnatural to be a wee bit concerned after viewing the email. It's the doubt that is left after reading the grammar and writing style that maybe our pursuit of commercial revenues is not as professional as it possibly could be, however much initiative was shown by its author.

This.

Aye the guy made a coont of it, but it's only an email with some poor speeling.

Aye, I meant it.

• Like 1

A few years ago, there was a trainee at a bank that fired off millions of pounds worth of stock trades because he thought he was using a test system.

That's how you properly screw things up. I doubt there are many people on here (myself included) who haven't sent an email they later regretted; either intentionally or accidentally.

Call it a "learning opportunity" and move on.

It's alright saying he shouldn't lose his job, and in this day and age you're absolutely correct, but the fact he got the job in the first place is astounding. The fact that it wasn't advertised and he clearly wouldn't have passed a selection process tells me, as someone else already said, the Jobs for the boys mentality is still alive and well.

It's alright saying he shouldn't lose his job, and in this day and age you're absolutely correct, but the fact he got the job in the first place is astounding. The fact that it wasn't advertised and he clearly wouldn't have passed a selection process tells me, as someone else already said, the Jobs for the boys mentality is still alive and well.

What job does he have?

Hi all,

Firstly, I should start by saying the email sent out, detailed in the original post, was completely unacceptable and unprofessional and should never have happened.

To give you a flavour, Diane Harvey at the club is heading a TeleSales training scheme (together with a qualified TeleSales marketer). Some younger members of staff at the club, across various departments, are being trained (out with normal working hours on Tuesday and Thursday night), providing new skills and additional services for Motherwell FC.

The main thrust at the moment is contacting Season Ticket holders, firstly as a courtesy to thank them but also to inform them of some of the offers they are due with the ticket that they may not have previously been aware of, but also some targeted marketing (i.e. non renewals of Season Ticket holders via Flexi Ticket, people due their 21st / 30th / 40th Birthday offering the facilities and other similar promotions).

The ultimate aim is to try and create better communication links between the club and its regular fans (and, in all honesty, increase revenues), much of which we can't do during the day because people are inevitably at work or further education. We've too often relied on adding an impersonal story to the website, posting something or social media or sending an email to alert people of these opportunities. This is a slightly different method and although its at the very early stages, we've had some great results in areas like Season Ticket upgrades, match ball sponsorships and Christmas Party Nights.

This incident, whilst in no way acceptable, was an over-zealous member of that team, still going through a training process, sending an email that they weren't authorised to do. The matter was promptly dealt with internally and I believe a secondary mail has been sent to those who received the initial correspondence, apologising for both the content and nature and explaining some of what I am on here.

Once again, i would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of the club to the people who received it; it should not have happened and you have my assurance it won't again.

Thanks,

Alan / Flow

• Like 4

I don't disagree (on the broader point), G&F.

However, since being in post, I've hired one full-time person, the physiotherapist Aileen Anderson, which wasn't down to association or family ties, and "promoted" one (Katie McCrossan) who had worked at the club for some time on a P/T basis, but has replaced Alison Wallace, who has moved to the MFC Community Trust.

We've advertised for another, albeit had to put it on hold for a variety of reasons.

The Telesales Training team has been formed from current staff from three different departments, aimed at giving them new skills. We've got literally thousands of people to contact. We don't have the resource to do that in anything like a sensible time frame (nor the resource to outsource to a call centre), which is why we've developed this scheme. It gives staff another string to their bow over a longer term, and allows us to try and meet some of the objectives and targets we've set out.

We've had some decent feedback both on the phones and posted on this forum, on another thread. This email, a real error in judgement, has been a setback, but as I said in the last post, it certainly won't happen again.

Cheers,

Ab

I don't disagree (on the broader point), G&F.

However, since being in post, I've hired one full-time person, the physiotherapist Aileen Anderson, which wasn't down to association or family ties, and "promoted" one (Katie McCrossan) who had worked at the club for some time on a P/T basis, but has replaced Alison Wallace, who has moved to the MFC Community Trust.

We've advertised for another, albeit had to put it on hold for a variety of reasons.

The Telesales Training team has been formed from current staff from three different departments, aimed at giving them new skills. We've got literally thousands of people to contact. We don't have the resource to do that in anything like a sensible time frame (nor the resource to outsource to a call centre), which is why we've developed this scheme. It gives staff another string to their bow over a longer term, and allows us to try and meet some of the objectives and targets we've set out.

We've had some decent feedback both on the phones and posted on this forum, on another thread. This email, a real error in judgement, has been a setback, but as I said in the last post, it certainly won't happen again.

Cheers,

Ab

Trainees in any capacity will make mistakes that s how they learn, myself and some friends have experienced it there was some confusion over a hospitality booking but a quick call to Di sorted it, net result of someones enthusiasm and lack of experience is a hospitality booking for 7 and the discussion surrounding what was/wasn't included has led to a party booking for 12 so not all bad.

It was only an email, gies peace.

As mentioned, after a yes vote they'll be phones ringing backward, Alsatians off their leads biting folk, car bombs, a man on fire, tanks, v8 cars, glitter that doesn't work, power cuts, Chinese war ships, spaghetti carbonara, it'll be chaos.

So give the club a break. Not even everyone got the email, if you don't give them a break I'm coming to your house to boo you very time you open your door.

Boo

• 1 month later...

First paragraph...

"Former UK Prime Minister Harold Wilson once said, “A week is a long time in politics” when facing up to a crisis in the sterling back in 1964. The same methodology can also be attributed to football, with the last week at Fir Park being anobvious example."

That's plenty for me. Deleted.

• Like 2