Celtic V Motherwell 21/09/14

Yabba's Turd

I think its from looking at the game, he needed guys in the team who will track back and do the defensive stuff, with the likes of Ainsworth and Ojamaa they don't give us that and that's why Kerr and Reid are part of the midfield area, I was critical before the game of the line up but tactically its been spot on so far.

Got to say we have improved defensively this season. We have put in real good defensive performances at both Parkhead and Tannadice now and have been undone by a worldy and a soft penalty. In seven games we have lost three goals inside the box (St Johnstone, Ross C and today) whereas last season we were being undone at corners and set plays all the time. By doing that we have maybe lost a bit of a threat and we need to strike that balance.

Well 1 - 1 is far better than I'd thought the result would be. Probably the confidence that the players can take from coming away with a draw at Celtic Park is more valuable than the point itself.

This. Especially going into Accies away in the cup, a game which up until now was, I'm sure, giving most of us a heavy dose of the fear. Add in that Accies drew 0-0 at home to Killie while we went and scored at Celtic Park we should have the momentum when we meet on Wednesday.

Great point. It was a lethargic Celtic but we'd normally lose by a goal or two.

We've tried playing that way numerous times at Parkhead but we are much better disciplined defensively now. O'Brien looks a real valuable addition in that respect and while Twardzik has his critics, he inspires the defence IMO.

Time to kick on now with a tricky double header against the Accies. Key positive from today is the strength of the bench. Decent options.

No doubt we'd all have taken a draw before the match, but the way our lead was extinguished leaves a very bad taste. Great effort though and it should hopefully see us go on a good run now.