Mccall To Crystal Palace

siebsbarmyarmy

I wouldn't say so no.

My prediction may be, in fact is glass half empty, but it's not at all beyond the realms of possibility given our poor start to the season, our shaky defence, Celtic's ability to high score and our dreadful record at Parkhead. Yes I'm predicting the worst case scenario but its a possibility that I am making a guess at coming to fruition.

The claim that our support is becoming more like the 'Old Firm' is completely different and is utter shite in my book. Our support is no different to any other and all folk are doing in this thread is discussing the possibility of McCall moving on and how it wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing for us despite his past achievements. He's done a decent job and his league record is superb, no one can deny him that, but if you take a step back and look at his performance in a wider context then there have been many failings too.

You're funny

I wouldn't say so no.

My prediction may be, in fact is glass half empty, but it's not at all beyond the realms of possibility given our poor start to the season, our shaky defence, Celtic's ability to high score and our dreadful record at Parkhead. Yes I'm predicting the worst case scenario but its a possibility that I am making a guess at coming to fruition.

The claim that our support is becoming more like the 'Old Firm' is completely different and is utter shite in my book. Our support is no different to any other and all folk are doing in this thread is discussing the possibility of McCall moving on and how it wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing for us despite his past achievements. He's done a decent job and his league record is superb, no one can deny him that, but if you take a step back and look at his performance in a wider context then there have been many failings too.

I referred to a recent tendency towards inflated expectations and spitting the dummy when we don't get what we want, particularly against a backdrop of us transforming the profile of the club and breaking our own historic points and goals records. The analogy to the OF mind set seems pretty appropriate to me, I'm obviously not making a direct comparison or referring to the dark side of their world view.

I also thought your initial response might be irony, as quite honestly I am never completely sure whether or not your posts have become self parody. Continually making outlandish negative public statements to cover up personal insecurity is also pretty Old Firmie in my opinion.

• Like 2

It wasn't irony it was just me giving a prediction/guess as to what the result will be. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think anyone has been spitting dummies out over not getting what they want due to raised expectations, they're just looking at things in a broader context. All some folk have said on this thread is that they believe there might be a staleness creeping in with the current management team and set up and a change might not be such a bad thing. That's it, nothing more. I honestly do not get this obsession some Motherwell fans have with this so called 'Old Firm mindset' thing. "Don't criticise too much, thats what the Old Firm do", " Our fans are so selfish nowadays, we used to be relegation fodder, seems we're turning into Old Firm fans"....and that's fucking bullshit!

Our fans are the same as any other set of supporters in that we're happy when we win, not so when we lose, on a high when on a good run and on a downer when on a poor run. And differing levels of performances change expectation levels, that's just part and parcel of football. There is no such thing as an 'Old Firm mindset' and to say that our support is becoming more 'Old Firmish' is about as accurate as saying that our support is becoming more Bhuddist.

• Like 1

He's not without his flaws, but has done an incredible job at Fir Park on ever-decreasing budgets. Like many who have flourished in similar environments, his next challenge will be to see if he can handle a bigger budget and the transfer market risks that entails.

Not sure a backroom job is necessarily the best next step, especially as the Palace management team must be likely P45 candidates in the coming months. I fully expect us to be looking for a new gaffer, however, for the 2015/16 season.