Motherwell Training

DEWELL

Been wondering after last night's dross what excactly do we do at daily training do we just run round a park like headless chickens? I cant understand how someone like Clarkson whose been with us for a good few seasons now STILL cant control or make a 10 yard pass with a ball on a flat surface?? Why Mark Fitzpatrick played SEVEN passes in a row to a St Mirren player and then proceeded to cross a ball under no preassure to the back of the stand. How Stevie Hammell in the 2nd half couldn't get a cross above the 1st defender TWICE in a matter of seconds. How Steven Hughes cant hit a decent shot with either foot. How Paul Quinn under NO PREASSURE plays a 10 yard pass straight to a St Mirren player with no Motherwell player within TEN YARDS! Why Clarkson and Sheridan look as if neither has a clue what the other is going to do and their attempts to link up was frankly PATHETIC! So if anyone could let me know if you've ever watched a training session... WHAT THE FECK GOES ON! :unsure: .

HOTD

Fishing away.

Let's be honest, they played pish. It happens, and how you can say Clarky cani control a ball i dont know, his first touch has been exceptional the last few games, every player has an off day and unfortunately for us just about all 11 of ours had one last night.

I don't hink you can comment on the training regime however, bit harsh.

I do agree with you about fitzi mind you, just don't think the kids a player.

This is getting fucking boring now

Agreed, sadly its indicative after every defeat. It seems like more folk have more to say when we get beat and sadly its the same old targets. Yawn!

Roll on Sunday - nothing like a visit from either of the gruesome twosome to get you back in the mood!

I don't know about anyone else but, I think we probably spend too much time on passing etc...

The team just donn't gel between attack and defence. The amount of times the defence will play a pass and it falls behind the attacker as one of them has mis-judged the situation.

Our record in the cups is embarrassing though.

Fans have the right to be upset when every single year we got out of the competition meekly to beatable teams. Not just this Motherwell team though, every single one since we won the cup has been eliminated with a whimper against opposition that we really should be beating.

Our record in the cups is embarrassing though.

Fans have the right to be upset when every single year we got out of the competition meekly to beatable teams. Not just this Motherwell team though, every single one since we won the cup has been eliminated with a whimper against opposition that we really should be beating.

We've been eliminated from cups by wee teams since long before 1991 (Queen's Park, for example). That's what makes the cup entertaining. I don't know why some people thought we would breeze it against St. Mirren last night. It certainly wasn't based on our recent results against them.

I agree we have been mediocre this season. I just feel we should be working harder at the basics which we seem to be sadly lacking. This might be boring to some people judging by some the posts on here but i watch Motherwell home and away and some of the dross we've served up this season... I wasn't at the game last night but watched it on Setanta and one of the comments made was....Motherwell aren't used to playing on a good surface which is affecting their performance. Fortunately i resisted in putting ma foot through the telly. :P . If we cant make 10 yard passes what chance have we got. GET IT SORTED OUT MM.

Don't know if the current team is capable of going on a cup run, and even if we had won last night there is no chance we would have beat celtic going on that performance. That was a full strength team we had last night so theres no hidden players that are waiting in the wings.

In that game we were missing 4 players that held the team up last season: Phil, rosco, porter and one out of either patterson or lappin. It's impossible to replace that much quality with the budget we have so i'm quite happy with how we're doing in general.

Last night, fitzy and hammil were way out their depth. St mirren were puttin balls down their right side all night and getting by with ease. Lappin or/and patterson wouldny have let that go on for so long.

We've got a tough run in from now to the split. Inverness are picking up their game which has switched that from an almost guaranteed 3 points to a miby no. We'll just need to get on with it though.

Bring on the great unwashed.

hammil were way out their depth.

Hammell? Out his depth? ;)

He's played 289 senior top-flight games for Motherwell (including in European Competition and in National Finals), played 67 games for Southend including Cup ties against Man United (which they won) and Spurs (twice) in the Cup. He's played at every single International level including winning a full cap and he's out of his depth?

Not sure about that one mate...

'Flow

Lets be honest, we should have been capable of sweeping St Mirren aside at Fir Park.

Not sure about that. St.Mirren have proved over the years they can handle Motherwell.

It would be good to see the stats. I think they have a very good record against us in all cup and league competitions home and away.