Hamilton A V Motherwell 24/09/14

Yabba's Turd

Plus wear a suit ffm rather than being a full kit wanker!

is that going to make him make better decisions?

Just clocked an interesting stat on Twitter.

"Motherwell have been knocked out in the first possible round in 8 of the last 9 cup competitions they have been involved in"

if that stat is true - then that is absolutely honking

As for the result , im sure the players and manager will be gutted , lessons will be learned and god help whoever we draw next time as the boys will be out to put it right, again.

they were gutted at losing to Albion Rovers / Stjarnan - it is not improving, cup games are one offs - you need to lift it, you need to fight for it, you need to match the opposition - we are not doing that!!

god help whoever we draw next time? are you for real? teams will want to play us

if that stat is true - then that is absolutely honking

2014/15 League Cup - lost to Hamilton R3

2014/15 Europa League - lost to Stjarnan QR2

2013/14 Scottish Cup - lost to Albion Rovers R4

2013/14 Europa League - lost to Kuban Krasnodor QR3

2012/13 Scottish Cup - lost to Aberdeen R4

2012/13 League Cup - lost to Rangers R3

2012/13 Europa League - lost to Levante Playoff Round

2012/13 Champions League - lost to Panathinaikos QR3

All of those we've been papped out at the first possible round. Only one that we've advanced was the 2013/14 League Cup where we beat Livington in R3 before losing to Aberdeen in the QF.

So, counting all of those games (including Europe), it's 1 win in the last 15 Cup games.

they were gutted at losing to Albion Rovers / Stjarnan - it is not improving, cup games are one offs - you need to lift it, you need to fight for it, you need to match the opposition - we are not doing that!!

god help whoever we draw next time? are you for real? teams will want to play us

Woosh... You're not quite getting the hang of this sarcasm malarkey are you? :blink:

Flares at st mirren, ross county, albion rovers, last night and prob some games ive missed. Holier than thou? Perhaps grown up is the phrase your looking for.

Flares you say? The wide legged items of clothing? Now that is a crime as they went out with Nelsons' eye :nod: There is a difference between them and smoke pellets, perhaps 'tapping into something you clearly know little about' is the phrase you are looking for.

Oh lord, quite aware of the club's current financial standing, but, the 'you n your wee gang' chat? A level of seethe that knows no bounds... Whilst supportive of the Bois aims, I most certainly do not align with any gang. Of a different generation you'll find. Understanding two wrongs don't make a right, I'd also question why does our club lose money through ineffective stewarding of the host club and policing by Police Scotland?

Picture attachment was as mentioned 'Here we go again' reflecting not for the first time the mock outrage of the holier than thou element of our support.

To be fair they policed our fans in a very similar way to what they do with the OF, big crowd so we'll just stand and watch while the majority of police in the ground stood down in front of the 100 or so accies fans in that corner, if they'd waded in like at St Mirren there would've been serious crowd trouble in our end.

Something that's not been picked up on yet is our great travelling support yesterday, when was the last time we took 2200 to an away game.

Flares you say? The wide legged items of clothing? Now that is a crime as they went out with Nelsons' eye :nod:There is a difference between them and smoke pellets, perhaps 'tapping into something you clearly know little about' is the phrase you are looking for.

Take it you weren't there last night because that was not a smoke pellet.

Flares you say? The wide legged items of clothing? Now that is a crime as they went out with Nelsons' eye :nod: There is a difference between them and smoke pellets, perhaps 'tapping into something you clearly know little about' is the phrase you are looking for.

It was the first time I have seen an actual flare at the game. Pathetic

Those wee dicks boil my piss.

As for the game McCall is a fuckin' tit for picking that side and clearly not changing it when they went down to 10 men. Every time we go out it's the same shite from him. He needs to go balls out the bath in the Scottish Cup and ensure victory by actually playing an attacking team.

Explain?

I certainly know that we will get bawfucked again for setting off "smoke pellets", fuckin hell why am i even indulging you in this farce.

I'm reading a few reports that Accies essentially had a youth team out last night? It did make me wonder where Jason Scotland and Antoine-Curier- whithisface were..... If so that makes our inability to beat them, with 10 men for 30 minutes, even worse!

Fuck sake!!!

• Like 1

I'm reading a few reports that Accies essentially had a youth team out last night? It did make me wonder where Jason Scotland and Antoine-Curier- whithisface were..... If so that makes our inability to beat them, with 10 men for 30 minutes, even worse!

Fuck sake!!!

Indeed. At least 3 players were left out as precaution since Alex Neil deemed Saturday the more important of the 2 games.

No goals against that team is inexcusable.

Alex Neill said they currently have 7 first team players out. He had to put in three 18 year olds, one of them scored the winning penalty.

We only had 2 first team players unavailable and I think McCall based his team on who wouldn't pick up another injury on the plastic surface.

However 7 first team players out when their team trains and plays on a plastic pitch, makes you wonder if it's the cause, especially when you look at our casualty list after Stjarnan.

Indeed. At least 3 players were left out as precaution since Alex Neil deemed Saturday the more important of the 2 games.

No goals against that team is inexcusable.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about the defeat but some facts.

1) Accies have now gone 390+ minutes of football against Premiership level opponents without conceding a goal at Douglas Park. If I remember the Inverness goals came pretty early in the first half of the first game of the season so it will actually be longer than that. Clearly it's not just us that struggles to score against Accies on that pitch (which is fucking shocking).

2) Our back four was weaker than Accies back four. Accies were missing Martin Canning from their standard back four and, at a pinch Garcia Tena who has come in and out. We were missing Hammell, Ramsden and had Reid playing out of position at left back.

Overall they were missing Canning, Imrie, McKinnon and Antoine Curier who usually start but had decent replacements like Alex Neil coming into midfield, or putting Tony Andreu up front.

You can't really count Leitch as an automatic starter for us either and we had Josh Emptyshirt on for the full game so the 'Accies played a weakened team' argument doesn't really wash.

Just picking up on your comments on the pitch, I had always thought folk complaining about plastic pitches were just whingeing, given most of the players will have been brought up on plastic pitches these days (rather than the red ash the older generation would have started on). I also thought they were meant to be really good these days.

However having watched the game the other night, there were several mistakes and misjudgements from both sides that were down to the pitch. It was perhaps also to blame for the "safety first" attitude, again both sides adopted.

Ones that spring to mind were Vigurs losing the ball on the edge of the area when the ball was cleared back out to him from a corner, the accies keeper melting the ball straight in to the main stand when he appeared to have time to take a touch, ainsworth and Ojamma both running the ball straight out the park and several occasions players jumped to header a ball in midfield and it bounced over their heads.