Motherwell V Hamilton Accies 27/09/14

Yabba's Turd

I thought Collum:

1) got the yellow for McManus right

2) got the yellow for Lawson right

3) got the yellow for Angol right

4) got the yellow for Leitch right

Additionally he:

1) could have sent Angol off after four minutes for DOGSO but he signalled the ball had been kicked too far

2) should have sent Lawson off for a crazy second tackle after being booked

3) having given the foul for the penalty Kerr should have been off for DOGSO, it was maybe outside the box

Fully agree with all of this, and would add that Angol was due the book for that moronic moment on the halfway line.

Honestly, I struggle to recall a more stupid footballer at Fir Park.

well just in from leaving at 4,30 ABSOLUTE SHITE and in the pubs I was in after the game , there was one question to be asked ? was it a shit team selection ? or we have tried changing the team . and the formation , and still got the same results so , do we now , change the manager / backroom staff or do we end up with half the supporters that we normally go cause that's the way the fans NOW feel ,,,,,, ANY SUGGESTIONS TO KEEP US INTRESTED ?????

A complete load of utter junk from Mwell 2 day...one of the most humiliating derby results ever..

It certainly is.

Can anyone else remember a more humiliating derby defeat? I remember us losing 4-2 at Douglas Park years ago when I was wee but this is on another level.

The players should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

1411849883[/url]' post='422036']

A complete load of utter junk from Mwell 2 day...one of the most humiliating derby results ever..

On a different theme I don't get the hatred for dougie Imrie, looks a decent player and has a goal threat , which our midfield definitely don't have.Leitch and Imrie have got something and could prosper in a good side. Carswell is way too slow and It just hasn't happened for Lawson at fir park

well just in from leaving at 4,30 ABSOLUTE SHITE and in the pubs I was in after the game , there was one question to be asked ? was it a shit team selection ? or we have tried changing the team . and the formation , and still got the same results

I wasn't at the Celtic or Ross County matches so I can't speak about them but the last 5 matches I have seen we have started the games with 4 different formations.

That for me suggests that McCall is really struggling because we have very rarely strayed away from 1 or 2 set ups before now under McCall.

For me the whole way the club is set up is wrong. We should have a football philosophy and make sure it runs through the whole club down to U16s. We should have squads set up so that any player in the first team dropping out is automatically replaced by someone moving up a level who can play the same position.

Right now it's all so piecemeal, disjointed and disorganized. Have we played the same left back two weeks in a row this season?

Why are we changing our set up and team every week? It just smacks of a lack of coherent purpose behind the scenes.

It certainly is.

Can anyone else remember a more humiliating derby defeat? I remember us losing 4-2 at Douglas Park years ago when I was wee but this is on another level.

The players should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

You've erased the memory of Albion Rovers already ohmy.gif

Personally I don't actually feel any worse because it was Hamilton dishing that out today than I would if it was Dundee Utd or Hibs. For their fans oh aye given they way they view us, obviously it's Christmas, birthday and finding your big brother's scuddy mag collection all in one go, but other than being a bit annoyed that it'll give them something to harp on about for the next 30 years it'll quickly get filed away in the memory bank and not thought of much again.

What it does illustrate quite well though is that in my lifetime at least, despite being far and away the dominant side in the county in terms of size and achievement our derby results in general don't reflect that superiority. Even when we've played cup ties where we've been a division or two above the opposition we invariably find ourselves dragged down to their level, or they raise their game, however you want to view it.

More hassle than they're worth!

No matter how much they beat us by, no matter how much higher up the league they are than us i will always view them as the wee team fae doon the road. Thats not even me being patronising to them its just the way i see them. It doesn't matter that Airdrie are part time and in league 1 thats the real Lanarkshire derby and that drives Accies fans mental. Let them enjoy their wee moment cause the good times never last long over in South Lanarkshire.

I have pretty much been a happy clappy for a few years now. Hardly surprising given the results and league placings.

Without doubt McCall has overachieved and there have been some absolutely guff comments and unwarranted criticisms from the usual suspects. Hell even finishing 2 nd last year had some p1sh spouted about our performances and McCall running of the team.

HOWEVER...........

That was truly rancid today. The players and Manager should be ashamed. What the f*ck to they do all week. Someone said the team train for 2-3 hours a day for 4 days a week. WTF.... they should be on triple training sessions. Enough is enough. Some players obviously could not give a toss. Ramsden 1st 4 touches were to pass straight to an opposing player. as for the 1st 2 goals. ZFA - where to start. I actually liked him, but have totally changed my mind. He was appalling and his 1st touch was gruesome.

Do not want McCall to go but am seriously running out of patience. The squad is better than they are showing. Still believe that but also starting to Q if I am deluding myself.

Do not want McCall to go but am seriously running out of patience. The squad is better than they are showing. Still believe that but also starting to Q if I am deluding myself.

Confidence is everything especially when there isn't much of a quality gap between the sides, as there isn't in this league. It's clear the confidence in our camp is gone and it's going to be very difficult to get it back. There is only so much a manager can do, very few managers managed to drag a team back up and I suspect McCall is running out of ideas.

I worked it out. I've watched almost 10 hours of football without Motherwell even scoring a goal. 10 hours.

We've already said that the last two matches were huge but the next one is the same again. It speaks volumes that Partick have a 7 goal advantage over us with only 7 games played.

If we lose that one we are as good as 4 points behind them and I will confidently predict a bottom 4 finish for us.

We just cannot go on losing and not scoring and expect things to turn round.

I think time is up for McCall. His contribution to our club is magnificent and he should now walk away with his head held high.

As for the personal abuse towards Alan Burrows, who we all know reads these forums- they're nothing short of absolutely disgusting, particularly being aimed towards a man who has an unquestionable commitment to the club. How anyone can watch that horrendous excuse for a football match and identify where 'Flow is standing as an issue worth mentioning is absolute beggars belief.

• Like 14

I think time is up for McCall. His contribution to our club is magnificent and he should now walk away with his head held high.

As for the personal abuse towards Alan Burrows, who we all know reads these forums- they're nothing short of absolutely disgusting, particularly being aimed towards a man who has an unquestionable commitment to the club. How anyone can watch that horrendous excuse for a football match and identify where 'Flow is standing as an issue worth mentioning is absolute beggars belief.

Spot on.

mccall has been great for us and even witnessing how bad weve been this season my opinion on him wont change,but i really think the best thing would be for him too walk away were a shambles in every department and with his erratic team selections and formations he really does look like a manage that's run out of ideas.as for the game itself other than a 10-15 minutes spell in the second half that's as bad a display as iv'e seen from a motherwell team,confidence is rock bottom that much is evident but there's no excuse for a lack of fight or professional pride and we had neither which is a real concern.there's a number of players that need to have a serious word with themselves and get the finger out and start performing to a half decent level as there's too many going through the motions.

Ffs guys keep the faith...yes we are utter shite just now but its omly 8 games in, there are 90 points to play for. Judge the season in May not now. We have had bad runs before and turned the season round so i fully expect us to do the same this term. Siwy

8 league games, 1 league cup game and 2 euro games- eleven competitive matches. That's a long enough run to turn a corner and we look further from it than ever.

The personal abuse of Flow is outrageous. The guy might not have been the correct appointment into his role but he is without a doubt a diehard Well fan. He will be hurting as much as anyone right now.

We have huge problems at FP but him standing next to the dugout is way way down the list!

• Like 1

Flow is standing in the same place Leeanne D stood and where he always stands. It has no bearing on how shite our team is.....

In fact maybe slide him in the dugout he might do better than the wee gent standing there at the moment....

All joking aside the personnel abuse is uncalled for. In relation to SMc it is frightening how bereft of ideas he is looking.

No one will be hurting more than Flow right now, take it from me. It's been a huge step up for him and he's doing his level best, cut him some slack people. His tenure has coincided with a slump in fortunes which makes it all the harder for him to deal with. For me both Flow and Stuart McCall deserve the time and opportunity to turn things round, and I think they will.

• Like 1