Motherwell V Hamilton Accies 27/09/14

Yabba's Turd

No one will be hurting more than Flow right now, take it from me. It's been a huge step up for him and he's doing his level best, cut him some slack people. His tenure has coincided with a slump in fortunes which makes it all the harder for him to deal with. For me both Flow and Stuart McCall deserve the time and opportunity to turn things round, and I think they will.

Quite happy to cut some slack, particularly when it looks like McCall and Flow have been hung out to dry. However, the apparent lack of leadership at the club is cause for unease and needs addressed.

Having just watched that performance why is this important or even being discussed. We have much bigger problems than a manager in the dugout.

A General Manager who is more interested in being pals with the players/management staff than he is at doing his job?? Think it's got a hell of a lot to do with current situation. A lack of discipline in any organisations management structure leads to a laid back slackness from employees. Happy "one of us" got the job as GM, but worried he wouldn't be able to switch off from his previous role, and believe this is evident from yesterday.

• Like 1

A General Manager who is more interested in being pals with the players/management staff than he is at doing his job??

It's statements like this that really rip my tits. Complete nonsense. Very few on these boards, if any, have an insight into our GM's relationship with the players/staff.

Coming out with rubbish like that, which has no foundation, doesn't help anyone.

Yes be pissed off with the shite that has been served up recently on the pitch but don't spout rubbish like that as if it were fact.

• Like 6

A General Manager who is more interested in being pals with the players/management staff than he is at doing his job?? Think it's got a hell of a lot to do with current situation. A lack of discipline in any organisations management structure leads to a laid back slackness from employees. Happy "one of us" got the job as GM, but worried he wouldn't be able to switch off from his previous role, and believe this is evident from yesterday.

When we want comments like this we'll press the button marked shite.

• Like 1

McCall out? Really?

I'll agree the players on day 1 of the season were unfit and not prepared and that has to fall on him and those tasked with getting them fit and up to speed, but a lot of it goes on the professionalism of the players maintaining a certain degree of fitness over the summer. For that both the management and players need their knuckles wrapped and possibly a cattle prod up the arse.

Best solution in my eyes, bring them in from 9-5 like everyone else and do a mixture of training, weights, tactical and opponent research, that jump from 2 hours a day and missing out on the bookies in the afternoon may be enough of a shock to make them actually care.

However, what do those advocating him stoically walking away suggest would be the solution or likely successor? The grass isn't always greener and to be fair the 8th biggest team in the country while having an average finish of 3rd under his tenure deserves its fans not to be 2nd class in some of the knee jerk reactions on here.

• Like 1

Stuart McCall took a gamble on making 7 changes from Wednesday - a game we lost on penalties, and it backfired on him big style. Lack of fitness is down to him, Kenny Black and the players themselves. The Portugal pre season jolly appears to have been a waste of time & money. Paul Lawson has failed to impress and Ramsden is a lazy player. Carsewell has had chances which he has failed to take with Jack Leitch overtaking him as a first choice. The rot needs to stop and quick and changing the manager is not an option. He needs to commit himself fully to the job.

A time for cool heads.

• Like 3

No one will be hurting more than Flow right now, take it from me. It's been a huge step up for him and he's doing his level best, cut him some slack people. His tenure has coincided with a slump in fortunes which makes it all the harder for him to deal with. For me both Flow and Stuart McCall deserve the time and opportunity to turn things round, and I think they will.

The Board Of Directors are accountable for these decisions Peter!

I argued about this preseason saying that Flow would be hung out to dry if there was a downturn in fortunes, which many believed would happen. Flow shouldn't have been appointed IMO, but this isn't down to him.

Time for some explanations from the BOD!

Stuart McCall took a gamble on making 7 changes from Wednesday - a game we lost on penalties, and it backfired on him big style. Lack of fitness is down to him, Kenny Black and the players themselves. The Portugal pre season jolly appears to have been a waste of time & money. Paul Lawson has failed to impress and Ramsden is a lazy player. Carsewell has had chances which he has failed to take with Jack Leitch overtaking him as a first choice. The rot needs to stop and quick and changing the manager is not an option. He needs to commit himself fully to the job.

A time for cool heads.

Was it a gamble though or was it because certain players are playing at 60/70% fitness levels and two games in 4 days proved too much for them.

How can a team perform like they did against Celtic then give two performances like that. Confidence should have been high after taking 4 points from two games.

Sorry for the late addition here. I signed up after the Hamilton game ready to post in anger but luckily the registration process took a couple of days, so I've calmed down sufficiently to save the "f" key on my keyboard from too much excessive wear. I only get to a couple of matches a year now and this was my first this season. Before I moved away many years ago I used to go to every home game, and most away, through relegations and promotions, good times and bad. I've seen some real horror shows over the years so I don't criticise lightly,but I flew several thousand miles for this game and to say it was dire is a total understatement. I console myself with the though tthat I've seen worse, but not often. I mean, ffs, the whole first half and more – at home – without so much as a single effin shot at goal!? Have they all been that bad this season?